Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

7 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

I think it's difficult to make a solid case that the motivation is completely about money (was that him pictured on his private jet incidentally?), so for a 25 year old entering his peak years to essentially abandon his career for a non-competitive league is pretty astonishing. You've sort of already said it - but any footballer with such proven ability as Moussa doing any such thing in their prime is plainly baffling. I absolutely question his mentality.

I think criticising someones "mentality" because their motivations don't align with your idea of what they should be is total brain dead bollocks

• Like 4

Kante, who is in the same national team as him so they will have likely spoken, has proven that Saudi isn’t a guaranteed death knell to your career. He’s on his way back to yhe PL with Spam so we may see Moussa again one day. Kante is also 8 years older than Moussa. 

I for one am gutted. Like the player and think this is purely a value exercise by the club and no sleight on his ability. If he goes he goes with my very best wishes as he’s always been a model pro.  

Edited by Steero113

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Kante was terrible in the Euros, but yeah, still played every game I suppose.

Interesting because aside from the Spain game he was rated amongst the best French players in every game, of which he started every single one. 

Also, nothing to do with my post, the point of which was to say he’s linked back to England. 

Both things can be true, a move to Saudi is probably bad for his career in a purely footballing sense, but doesn't mean to say it's the wrong choice bigger picture wise, if he and his family are going to be happier there

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Interesting because aside from the Spain game he was rated amongst the best French players in every game, of which he started every single one. 

Also, nothing to do with my post, the point of which was to say he’s linked back to England. 

The problem with him was that he kept pushing forward into space, receiving the ball and the attack breaking down with him because of his touch, pass, attempted dribble. 

He is still an excellent defender and I imagine his ball-winning stats were still very good, but for me, he was holding France back a lot in attack.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Yeah is performances lead to an article in Athletic about would people re-evaluate the Saudi Pro League due to how well he and other players from there were performing in Euros

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jenko#4 said:

Do you think when it was obvious that Felix wasn’t coming, we’ve said to Diaby that if he signs with us we can put him in the shop window for the Euros, then if our first choice becomes available the following summer, we will happily sell him to Saudi after the tournament so he can earn the big bucks? 

No. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah is performances lead to an article in Athletic about would people re-evaluate the Saudi Pro League due to how well he and other players from there were performing in Euros

Let's remember that the actual Saudi Team are no mugs either.

13 hours ago, Anything11 said:
21 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

I think it's difficult to make a solid case that the motivation is completely about money (was that him pictured on his private jet incidentally?), so for a 25 year old entering his peak years to essentially abandon his career for a non-competitive league is pretty astonishing. You've sort of already said it - but any footballer with such proven ability as Moussa doing any such thing in their prime is plainly baffling. I absolutely question his mentality.

I think criticising someones "mentality" because their motivations don't align with your idea of what they should be is total brain dead bollocks

100% agree. An absolutely awful post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Because he kante-ifys the game. He can't progress the ball, and loses it frequently and he never shows for passes but he wins it back so frequently it seems like he's everywhere. 

He wins motm because he regresses what should be a progressive team to a plodding team with no ability to progress the ball. 

14 hours ago, Anything11 said:

Don't visit the Grealish thread.

Good luck too him. Life's too short, enjoy the money, enjoy a nice lifestyle for you and your kids. 

Thank you for helping us finish 4th and receive a tidy profit. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ender4 said:

What do we feel the percentage chance is of Diaby leaving Villa for Saudi?   25%? 50? 80?

It’s done, 100%.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â