Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

54 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

That’ll do donkey!! That’s £60m on the nose. Well done if true 

Says “closer to €70m valuation” (which is £56m).

Not at the valuation or even close to the valuation, but CLOSER than the €55m they offered before. So somewhere between €55-69m (£44-55m).

Surprised at this, but not gutted. He looked amazing at the start of the season but I don't think he's worth his value unless we play him in his best position, which wasn't happening at the end of last season.

Good luck to Diaby, I’ve always liked him. This seems like a good deal for all parties let’s hope it works out better for Villa. I suspect Jaden will step up and we’ll replace Diaby’s goals and assists through him and the rest of the team with some adjustments. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Nas relocates his office to Saudi and the next minute we are selling Diaby to the country's biggest club for a nice profit 🤔

Thought he moved to Dubai. 

• Thanks 1

Going back to last summer-

-We were linked with both Felix and Diaby - Felix was obviously first choice

-Diaby was linked with both Saudi and us

-There was a major international tournament at the end of the season

Do you think when it was obvious that Felix wasn’t coming, we’ve said to Diaby that if he signs with us we can put him in the shop window for the Euros, then if our first choice becomes available the following summer, we will happily sell him to Saudi after the tournament so he can earn the big bucks? 

24 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Good luck to Diaby, I’ve always liked him. This seems like a good deal for all parties let’s hope it works out better for Villa. I suspect Jaden will step up and we’ll replace Diaby’s goals and assists through him and the rest of the team with some adjustments. 

Thats a immediate lot of pressure on JPB who hasnt played hardly any PL football. PL ia a different beast to championship.

Thankfully we have emery so im hoping he can take him to next level with his coaching 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Thats a immediate lot of pressure on JPB who hasnt played hardly any PL football. PL ia a different beast to championship.

Thankfully we have emery so im hoping he can take him to next level with his coaching 

2 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Guessing this has been said, but if he's willing to go into semi-retirement at his age, then it seems his mentality was never up to the required standard

Pretty astonishing that he scored a bunch of goals in three of Europe’s top five leagues and has a bunch of caps for one of the best international teams in the world with this weak mentality people on internet messageboards keep citing! ;)

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Pretty astonishing that he scored a bunch of goals in three of Europe’s top five leagues and has a bunch of caps for one of the best international teams in the world with this weak mentality people on internet messageboards keep citing! ;)

I think it's difficult to make a solid case that the motivation is completely about money (was that him pictured on his private jet incidentally?), so for a 25 year old entering his peak years to essentially abandon his career for a non-competitive league is pretty astonishing. You've sort of already said it - but any footballer with such proven ability as Moussa doing any such thing in their prime is plainly baffling. I absolutely question his mentality.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jenko#4 said:

Going back to last summer-

-We were linked with both Felix and Diaby - Felix was obviously first choice

-Diaby was linked with both Saudi and us

-There was a major international tournament at the end of the season

Do you think when it was obvious that Felix wasn’t coming, we’ve said to Diaby that if he signs with us we can put him in the shop window for the Euros, then if our first choice becomes available the following summer, we will happily sell him to Saudi after the tournament so he can earn the big bucks? 

I recall links to Williams, Felix, Torres and Chiesa. Was there a brief link to Thuram also, and Tammy?

I know these are all different types of player, but I wonder if some in that list there is back in the frame?

Edited by Captain_Townsend

I wish him all the best. He had a solid enough debut season and absolutely contributed to our top 4 finish. The funds we get will help us establish/push on further with more transfers of his or better level.

At times he was a pleasure to watch, frustrating others but we very much got our money's worth and I hope he feels a better player after a year with Unai and Prem experience.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â