Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Was very excited by him coming.  A Baliey upgrade. Turned out the total opposite.  A very good player who just didn't excel in emery's system and against some of the best defenders on the planet. He was still good though. 19 goal contributions  .  Needs to have space in front of him though to make the most of his skillset. 

If we get back what we paid then it's a plus as it will actually be around another 10 mill to put towards ffp or whatever it is called . 

If I am honest the ability of philogene dobbin iling Jr to beat a man with less space to play in will suit us more. More and more teams will sit back against us 

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

I’ve seen three different journalists all cite three different prices. This is fun.

Absolutely none of them have any idea. It’s all guesswork.

17 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

£46m is not the PSR busting fee that was touted

Which is why it was rejected. They came back with a second offer - we just don’t know the size. 

14 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s the initial Fee, there will be add ons too

the over all “package” will be about £60m

Nah, we have people in here asking for bans for anyone who quotes £50m as the purchase price, can't then be adding in the add ons to the sell price

52 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

£46m is not the PSR busting fee that was touted

Diaby Sale + Duran and we're home and clear on PSR until it's demise after end of this season. Allows us to bring in another big signing too in the 9/10 hybrid player. Another CB too. 

• Like 2

Kinda wish he had more fight in him at his age, but if he wants the money and we get a good return on the move then so be it.

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Yeah some seem to dislike him but I really thought he was a good buy and had a decent first season. But I also don’t mind us selling him to improve the wider squad - and good luck to him.

I thought he had a good season too and was expecting more this.  Shame but I am assuming we're only agreeing to this if the fee is chunky and we have our eye on someone to replace.  Not sure we've brought the replacement yet.  

36 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Diaby Sale + Duran and we're home and clear on PSR until it's demise after end of this season. Allows us to bring in another big signing too in the 9/10 hybrid player. Another CB too. 

This is the thing - at the end of the season is FFP still a thing ? If it isbt we shouldnt be selling one of our better players

Just now, Demitri_C said:

This is the thing - at the end of the season is FFP still a thing ? If it isbt we shouldnt be selling one of our better players

Yeah 24/25 is last season of PSR, then moves onto Squad Cost rule (which we already have to comply with under UEFA rules 

My 12 year old is still clinging to the thought that he’s staying and it’s all just false rumours. He’s got the away and third shirts from last season with Diaby’s name on both. I don’t have the heart to keep telling him this deal is going through.

Maybe I can convince him that both the shirts will become rare as only sold for one season 🤔

I’m going to treat him to a new shirt when they’re out anyway and hopefully with the Champions League badge on the side! 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

My 12 year old is still clinging to the thought that he’s staying and it’s all just false rumours. He’s got the away and third shirts from last season with Diaby’s name on both. I don’t have the heart to keep telling him this deal is going through.

Maybe I can convince him that both the shirts will become rare as only sold for one season 🤔

I’m going to treat him to a new shirt when they’re out anyway and hopefully with the Champions League badge on the side! 

Give him one with Philogene instead

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â