Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Why hasn’t Romano posted about him at least theee times today?  

Because it's us that "leaks" romano the info, we use him when buying players, by he looks of it not when selling players though 

We have to be lining up a high profile replacement for him if he goes. If we aren’t we are being negligent and our attack is going to be weaker next season. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Wembley was always a better rhyme anyway.  No idea why they chose Athens which didn't even scan.

Diaby, Moussa, running down the wing, Moussa, hear the Villa sing, Moussa, he's now going to to Saudiiiiiiiiii

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

We have to be lining up a high profile replacement for him if he goes. If we aren’t we are being negligent and our attack is going to be weaker next season. 

The attack is already stronger if Diaby goes ..... he was a passenger last season. Emery is about to pounce on a much better player, rest assured !

Edited by Paul33
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Didn't he give us over 10 goal contributions or something.

I'm not his greatest fan but he's not exactly a passenger.

F**king passenger. 

• Like 3

I'll be sad to see him go, but as it stands, he doesn't get into our strongest XI at the moment anyway. 

I can see one big name replacing Diaby and Duran. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

F**king passenger. 

He had more goal involvements than Olsen. 

Joking aside, I'd rather keep him BUT if we can get better then I'll live with it

2 hours ago, Xela said:

he doesn't get into our strongest XI at the moment anyway

I agree, I think, but what’s interesting in football is I don’t know how many of the players keeping him out would command a £50m+ fee!

• Like 1

Have always felt we should have gone with the Whitney Houston song.

I suppose as it didn’t take off here, the Saudis can adopt it for him. I’m sure they definitely will.

I don't begrudge players going to Saudi or other leagues to ply their trade. As fans we have skewed views and believe that players should want to die for the shirt.

In reality its a job for a lot of people and having a rewarding and balanced life is more important in many situations.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Negligent. Really. Has anything the football side of villa in charge now done, to indicate they would do anything negligent to affect the desires outcome we all want?

Seriously what's with this hyper dramatic language. It's proper embarrassing. If I were you I would be embarrassed man.

There’s no need to be catty man. It’s almost like you’re trying to get a reaction. Not embarrassed at all, you’re just being sensitive. ‘Negligent’ is not an extreme adjective (if you know what that is) so no idea why you think I’m being dramatic. On this occasion it was actually a mild post.

Basically if Diaby goes and he’s not replaced we are losing a player that got 19 G/A last season and is perfectly capable of doubling those numbers this season (in my opinion). Bailey could easily drop off, Ramsey and Buendia have had long injuries so might take a while to find any form, and Iling Jr is not yet anywhere the level of someone like Diaby. We’ve also lost Luiz’s goal contributions. I think they will bring in a proven top quality player anyway but it’ll be worrying if Diaby and Duran are sold before we have found someone because we could then be scrambling around to find someone just before the season starts. I’d rather the replacement was signed before the players are let go.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xela said:

I'll be sad to see him go, but as it stands, he doesn't get into our strongest XI at the moment anyway. 

I can see one big name replacing Diaby and Duran. 

I think by the end of 24-25 it is highly probable he replaces Bailey in the first 11. Lots of great players in this league struggled in their first season - Son for example only got 4 goals in his first season at Spurs and started a lot less than Diaby did last season after also coming over from Germany but from season 2 onwards he was awesome. Diaby had a much better first season than he did and still featured in every game for us. 

That’s why the replacement has to be capable of coming in and hitting the ground running or we will definitely notice a drop off in our attack. 

18 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

There’s no need to be catty man. It’s almost like you’re trying to get a reaction. Not embarrassed at all, you’re just being sensitive. ‘Negligent’ is not an extreme adjective (if you know what that is) so no idea why you think I’m being dramatic. On this occasion it was actually a mild post.

Isn’t negligence essentially being “reckless” as to the foreseeable risk of causing harm?  Used in that sense, I do not see Emery, Monchi and co being negligent about anything.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â