Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Don't want him to go, expected a great second season from him. However, 70 mil euros or whatever, if true, is an offer that they can't turn down. Better take that kind of money, reinvest, and avoid having to do a Dougie in June 2025 hopefully. 

• Like 1

The £35 million signing from Bayer Leverkusen has been a long-term target for clubs in Saudi Arabia and is expected to leave after just one season, though it is understood any transfer is not imminent as Villa work on finding a replacement.

Aston Villa ready to clinch £50m signing of Everton's Amadou Onana (telegraph.co.uk)

Wonder who the replacement will be. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Wonder who the replacement will be. 

So odd tbh.

‘Replacement’? We’ve got a number of players who can already play his position better than he can. 

Obviously a solid business plan making sure you replace people that leave but if somebody is offering 60 million quid for this guy then I wouldn’t be stalling. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So odd tbh.

‘Replacement’? We’ve got a number of players who can already play his position better than he can. 

Obviously a solid business plan making sure you replace people that leave but if somebody is offering 60 million quid for this guy then I wouldn’t be stalling. 

I think it'll be a central player, who can play 9 or 10. With experience there. If Emery does retain his interest in Felix then that's the type of player. I'm wondering in Alex Baena might be suitable, but he's not experiences as a no 9

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So odd tbh.

Think the replacement is more a high end attacking player in the squad rather than specifically his position. 

If we can do a deal but subject to finding a replacement then that's ideal. If for some reason we cant get anyone Unai think will improve the squad significantly then maybe we would rather Diaby than the money for the season

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villarule123 said:

People really do forget that Bailey was dead and buried here this time last season. We needed to sign Diaby because of that.

Now Bailey has transformed himself here, we can sell Diaby and strengthen elsewhere.

If you watched Bailey last night, you might argue he has reverted to type.  Couldn’t hold the ball against a league 2 side and often beat himself because his legs moved faster than his head

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, macandally said:

If you watched Bailey last night, you might argue he has reverted to type.  Couldn’t hold the ball against a league 2 side and often beat himself because his legs moved faster than his head

I too thought he was very poor last night. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently we still owe a chunk of money to leukeursen for the diaby transfer 

Which is common on all transfers. Nobody pays the fees up front. It's very rare. Payment structure is always part of the deal as clubs have different cashflow and finance available. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's funny you keep saying this, because he's exactly the type of player you'd hate if he came here.

You think Diaby goes missing? Watch Felix for a while. 😃

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â