Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Just now, MSvillain said:

Mods need to start issuing bans to anyone who thinks we paid £50m for Diaby

The correct price has been posted about 30 times in the last 2 weeks on here

😂 I have to agree.

If he goes, I can't work out whether his signing will be classed as positive or not? He cost a lot, he did ok, showed glimpses of class, and now being sold for a big profit. 

His tenure sums up football in 2024. Just a piece on a chess board to be moved around. 

• Like 2

Diaby's a decent player, but I think Monchi's played a blinder here. 

This is the new Villa, and I like it. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

70m for Diaby is mad. I don't particularly want to sell but...

Yeah we have to accept that really but I do think over time he'd have kicked on and become as integral as Bailey has for us.

Gives us scope to get in another proven player in final third now so that's the exciting part.

Interesting if he gets picked much for France as given how bad their forward options were this summer he'd have a decent chance of starting at the next World cup if he'd got some consistent form for us. Will probably be forgotten in Saudi.

Edited by VillaChris

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

We still didn't needed to sell off Diaby though. 

From the calculations and forecasts that were knocking around we’d likely be in another £50m hole this year (although some of the figures could be disputed). If that was the case I’m sure the club would much rather balance the books at the start of the financial year rather than be bent over next year and have to sell one of Watkins / Emi / JJ at cut price to do a deal before June 30th. 

This will be the club seeing an opportunity and jumping at it believing it sorts the books out and allows further improvements to be bought in. 

9 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Transfers are talked about in euros now. Whatever the total package was, it won't be far off 50m euros.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

So you're saying we paid 50 million for Diaby. Nice one bruva.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

No one loves bald heads as much as their new manager:

spacer.png

As important as Saudi is to him as a Muslim, plus the huge wage increase, working under a French legend like Blanc is also a big factor I am sure. 

People really do forget that Bailey was dead and buried here this time last season. We needed to sign Diaby because of that.

Now Bailey has transformed himself here, we can sell Diaby and strengthen elsewhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

People really do forget that Bailey was dead and buried here this time last season. We needed to sign Diaby because of that.

Now Bailey has transformed himself here, we can sell Diaby and strengthen elsewhere.

Add to that we should get JPB, already added Iling, then we have Ramsey back. We lost Zaniolo and Diaby. Even Rogers wasn’t there beginning of last season. Buendia is coming back as well. So in reality we’re atleast 2 players more than last season if Diaby left.

• Like 1

Ignoring his stats, ignoring the numbers being discussed - If we sold our record signing for more after a decent, not superb season, given the FFP/PSR restrictions, what's the issue?

The game isn't what it was, we need to consider that spaffing a ton or two on a player and flipping him for 5-20% the season after is going to be the new norm.

Would've loved to see him do well, wasn't disappointed overall, but did he live up to the hype? Not even close.

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

Does anybody know how much we paid for Diaby? 

Apparently.............
35m pounds plus addons.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â