Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Being honest thats how i feel. Not gonna say im happy im about it when im not.

Luiz and diaby were my two favourite players last ywar ans both being sold in a season

Luiz I was pissed as I hate FFP / PSR and the need to balance the books

This one feels like they've got something up their sleeve, don't have to do it and wouldn't be unless there's something in it for us, I don't think we bank this money I think we spend it and replace him 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Good to see the price is continuing to increase. He shouldn’t go cheap. 

It increase €1m every time Romano can milk a tweet out of it.

• Haha 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

70m for Diaby is mad. I don't particularly want to sell but...

That’s euros, just saying. Even so, crazy money!

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

It’s a shame he’s going. 
He started the season so well, looked rapid and clinical, every shot was inside the side netting. Then for some reason he lost confidence and his form dropped. He still put a shift in and tried to improve, and we saw towards the end his form pick up a bit. 
Im sure second season he would’ve kicked on, but with Saudi interest it’s money we can’t turn down and get I’ll really set us up for FFP next year. 
People did say about Monchi to expect the unexpected and that sales could happen, but I’m sure we’ve got some else lined up to replace him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Felix will replace him, I’m sure.

And that is one helluva upgrade. 

Is it ? The last two clubs havent taken the option to sign him permanently so im sceptical.  Im concerned if aignwd permanently it couls end up as another coutinho 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Luiz I was pissed as I hate FFP / PSR and the need to balance the books

This one feels like they've got something up their sleeve, don't have to do it and wouldn't be unless there's something in it for us, I don't think we bank this money I think we spend it and replace him 

Yes we have to trust thw process. I just hopw JPB is not his replacement as i dont think he is on diabs leverl right now

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I feel your pain. It sucks to lose both, but I trust Unai and Monchi 100% to invest the sales back very wisely. It’s a gamble losing both, but I’m confident it will pay off in the long run. 

Yeah we have no choice im abit worried about our attacking side i must say. I feel alot of pressure is now gonna be on bailey to create

Bit of a shame this but if the coaching team are confident that Philogene is good enough to replace him then… so be it. Wonder how much of the money we will use on the CB and Striker we need. 

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Bit of a shame this but if the coaching team are confident that Philogene is good enough to replace him then… so be it. Wonder how much of the money we will use on the CB and Striker we need. 

I can see a situation whereby we let Duran and Diaby go, replace them with Philogene and a versatile 9/10 type, eg Felix type. I feel like the squad is pretty big now I can't see a situation whereby we sell Diaby and add Philogene plus another in that same type of role... Philogene wouldn't be returning unless we were offering him good minutes

• Like 1

70m euro total package sounds good but we paid 50-55m for him, it's not a chunk of profit and it's a year of adding someone to our squad wasted.

Assumed he'd made a decision last year that football comes first but clearly not, someone who is prepared to go to Saudi and basically retire at 25 isn't someone who loves football the way Unai does so happy to replace. I don't think Joao Felix is the answer though.

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

70m euro total package sounds good but we paid 50-55m for him, it's not a chunk of profit and it's a year of adding someone to our squad wasted.

Assumed he'd made a decision last year that football comes first but clearly not, someone who is prepared to go to Saudi and basically retire at 25 isn't someone who loves football the way Unai does so happy to replace. I don't think Joao Felix is the answer though.

No, we paid an initial £34.6m.

• Thanks 1

Big money to turn down. Bit concerned about the amount of chopping and changing - big squad turnover. Hope the money goes some way to get a cb upgrade and Carlos and a creative cm. 

12 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

No, we paid an initial £34.6m.

How many times do we have to keep reminding people??? 😂

Everyone’s so stuck on 50m! Everywhere online!

NO! 😆

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â