Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

35 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

What exactly does flatter to deceive mean? He wasn’t a record signing either (he cost under £35m). 

Flatter to deceive means he had good moments and superficially his stats are quite impressive but for the fee and wages he didn’t impact the team and season nearly enough. 

Another issue is how tiny he is. The team lacked physicality and aerial presence last season so to accommodate a 5 foot 6 lightweight they need to be transformative in attack which I’m afraid he isnt

Edited by rodders129

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

We still didn't needed to sell off Diaby though. 

If he wants to go, then why keep him? I don't know if it's monetary reasons, but it doesn't say much about his personal ambitions. There were times, last season, when he looked almost lost, despite the assists and goals. He obviously doesn't back himself to be a success with us, so, Bon Voyage.

40 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

Flatter to deceive means he had good moments and superficially his stats are quite impressive but for the fee and wages he didn’t impact the team and season nearly enough. 

Another issue is how tiny he is. The team lacked physicality and aerial presence last season so to accommodate a 5 foot 6 lightweight they need to be transformative in attack which I’m afraid he isnt

It was really noticeable when he went missing in games. As fast as he is, for me, he lacks the guile of a Bailey. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

The comparisons with Bailey that are made every page are foolish. Even when he was bad you could see the talent and what he was trying to do and fought hard to adapt to the league and make his presence felt.

Not sure, bailey had a few moments where he looked class, and others where he would try to kick the ball and miss it, not even looking like a pro.

Diaby has looked class at times, and awful at others. Comparisons are legit.

However, players with Bailey's progression curve tend to be the exception rather than the rule. Diaby is still very much unproven at this level, and if we can get our money back for him I am confident Monchi and Unai will replace him with someone who is at least as good, if not better 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It was really noticeable when he went missing in games. As fast as he is, for me, he lacks the guile of a Bailey. 

Yeah Bailey is special. Times last season when he was dropping deeper and playing one twos, getting involved in build up, almost dictating the play and then playing raking killer passes with the outside of his foot. The lad has it all

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

We'd be selling Diaby regardless of PSR or not. If we can get 20m profit for 12 months on a position we are stacked in...you do it.

Have to agree sadly but as you say, we’re pretty well stacked in forward positions.

60m for Diaby and a possible 35/40m for Duran is great business. 

Just now, Ginko said:

C’mon now, Thia, stop that.

Being honest thats how i feel. Not gonna say im happy im about it when im not.

Luiz and diaby were my two favourite players last ywar ans both being sold in a season

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Luiz and diaby were my two favourite players last ywar ans both being sold in a season

I feel your pain. It sucks to lose both, but I trust Unai and Monchi 100% to invest the sales back very wisely. It’s a gamble losing both, but I’m confident it will pay off in the long run. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Agree, I’m pretty much the same, was planning to buy a Diaby jersey with the new Adidas kit this season, that looks like it won’t be happening now.

• Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â