Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I sorta feel like there should be a limit to the number of times an individual poster can post in a thread per day.

Good luck in your pursuit of control over the internet, did you have anything to add that was relevant to Diaby?

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Using stats to defend Diaby is no different than using stats to defend Southgate....

Neither pass e test...

I think there's some merit in this "eye test" argument but I don't come to the same conclusion.  My eyes were mostly telling me Diaby was often wasteful and ineffective, especially with crosses and shots, and a bit of a lightweight.  Didn't seem able to beat a man and often lacked composure.  I found him pretty frustrating most of the season and he certainly did not look like a £50m player to me.      

The stats tell me he was actually pretty effective despite all that . Way more than, say, Bailey was before he found his mojo.  And I think he looked a lot better towards the end of the season.

So to my mind if he was able to deliver stats like that when not looking great, while adjusting to a new, faster, more physical league,  new system and environment etc. then imagine what he might be capable of once settled in and starting to play consistently well.  There is/was potential for a lot more this coming season and I'll be slightly disappointed if we don't get to see what he could have done..  

1 minute ago, El Segundo said:

I think there's some merit in this "eye test" argument but I don't come to the same conclusion.  My eyes were mostly telling me Diaby was often wasteful and ineffective, especially with crosses and shots, and a bit of a lightweight.  Didn't seem able to beat a man and often lacked composure.  I found him pretty frustrating most of the season and he certainly did not look like a £50m player to me.      

The stats tell me he was actually pretty effective despite all that . Way more than, say, Bailey was before he found his mojo.  And I think he looked a lot better towards the end of the season.

So to my mind if he was able to deliver stats like that when not looking great, while adjusting to a new, faster, more physical league,  new system and environment etc. then imagine what he might be capable of once settled in and starting to play consistently well.  There is/was potential for a lot more this coming season and I'll be slightly disappointed if we don't get to see what he could have done..  

I will be disappointed too, I have never claimed he was a rubbish player. I just didn't like the fact that he seemed content going to the Saudi league. 

Maybe he has his reasons, maybe my conclusions are correct. It doesn't really matter, if he goes then it will be a disappointment that be didn't stick around and prove everyone wrong, like Leon has done so emphatically.

The differences of opinion that I seem to be having, is that I don't see him as integral to the team (yet) and if he goes I have complete faith that the Unai and the recruitment team with fill whatever void they deem his absence leaves...

Im disappointed, he is a quality player and we haven't had the privilege of having too many come in to the club. However I trust that the club woudlnt let him go if they didnt feel there was a better option available and it wasnt int the clubs interests.

I get the feeling I am not going to be able to get too attached to players in this new trajectory, and I'm sure thats exactly how the payers feel towards the clubs too.

• Like 2

Don't understand the rumour he is off, he got 19 goals or assists last season and that includes a period when he was struggling with form. I think that was a decent first season even sometime he was a bit frustrating in the final delivery. You have to give players some time to improve, look at Bailey for example. It looks like we are replacing players rather rapidly and our tight-knit side from last year will be undergoing a big overhaul.  Might take a while to bed in and if we carry wheeling and dealing i think we will have a slow start to the season. 

who wins in a footrace between prime Gabby and Diaby?

I only ask because we were always told how fast Diaby was but I dont ever remember being blown away by his pace

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I only ask because we were always told how fast Diaby was but I dont ever remember being blown away by his pace

If Gabby ran with better technique he'd have been 3 rockets up the **** rapid. I remember Gabby training with the 200/400m sprinter Michael Johnson one summer at his sports camp where they improve players running technique to find more speed. Not sure how long Gabby was there but he came back and still ran bolt upright like he did before 🤣

15 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Don't understand the rumour he is off, he got 19 goals or assists last season and that includes a period when he was struggling with form. I think that was a decent first season even sometime he was a bit frustrating in the final delivery. You have to give players some time to improve, look at Bailey for example. It looks like we are replacing players rather rapidly and our tight-knit side from last year will be undergoing a big overhaul.  Might take a while to bed in and if we carry wheeling and dealing i think we will have a slow start to the season. 

I think it's just a case of the money on the table for him is too good to turn down. 

• Like 2

Suspect it’s just a case of Monchi and Unai pricking their ears up at interest from Saudi, knowing they’d probably overpay.

Diaby has been fine. Good stats overall in a season where his form fluctuated. I’m doubt Unai is going out of his way to sell him, but I think he probably thinks we could get better for whatever price tag is being discussed.

I’d be fine with him staying, and I’d be fine with him leaving for big money. Selling players that aren’t guaranteed starters for big money is a good place to be as a club.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Gabby, by a considerable margin. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I was wondering if they’ll ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark.

I’m so disappointed in you…

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â