Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Just now, The_Steve said:

Do you know Moussa personally? If that was true, he would have turned us down. You don’t know either. None of us know what motivates him to change his mind now. 

Do you know him personally?

Such a lame line in a debate of opinions...

He came here, he struggled and now be wants to leave..

Not exactly the behaviour of a champion...

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

The events of the last 24hrs “prove” absolutely none of that.

Your opinion is entirely that, an opinion. 

Yes I have stated that clearly myself 🙂 it didn't need clarification but thanks....

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Yes I have stated that clearly myself 🙂 it didn't need clarification but thanks....

Good, so I won’t be “conceding that you are correct” or anything like it. Total load of crap. 

Just now, Steero113 said:

Good, so I won’t be “conceding that you are correct” or anything like it. Total load of crap. 

You're welcome 🤗 

• Haha 1

Go on then.

Someone who challenges themselves in the most demanding and competitive league in the world is likely not mentally weak. If anything he's backed himself on the biggest stage. We also don't know what's gone on behind the scenes, if he's said anything to Unai, or if Unai has said anything to him.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Got the assist for Digne’s winner at Luton which got us crucial points to make Champions League with a sublime cross. Got an assist for Duran’s goal against Liverpool in the 3-3 comeback, got the assist in the draw against West Ham. Scored and got an assist against Wolves. 

He appeared in every league game in some capacity. That tells me quite the opposite - he was a statement signing and someone Unai rates so highly. 

People are free to not rate someone. But again, I’m equally baffled by some more broadly who are just undermining his contributions. 

I think I acknowledged his contributions. I probably forgot a couple. They are obviously huge, but he also didn't look very good at all the moments around those contributions. Both things can be true. 

And yes it's also true that our form dipped as a whole after losing Kamara more or less. But with Diaby, for me anyway, it was very noticeable how weak and not quick he looked. There's quality there, but if this sale is all part of Emery and Monchi's master plan then I'm genuinely very happy.

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

I think I acknowledged his contributions. I probably forgot a couple. They are obviously huge, but he also didn't look very good at all the moments around those contributions. Both things can be true. 

And yes it's also true that our form dipped as a whole after losing Kamara more or less. But with Diaby, for me anyway, it was very noticeable how weak and not quick he looked. There's quality there, but if this sale is all part of Emery and Monchi's master plan then I'm genuinely very happy.

Careful, having an unpopular opinion isn't popular on here...

I agree with you though!

• Haha 1

It's probably been mentioned a few times already .... 10 goals and 9 assists in all matches (league and cups). That's not an insignificant return from a player in his first season with us. He will be a valuable asset if he stays, and of course I accept that he will also be a valuable source of investment capital if he's sold for £60 million approx. 

15 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Using stats to defend Diaby is no different than using stats to defend Southgate....

Neither pass the eye test...

I don't know the answer to this because I haven't looked at the individual game stats, but I'll ask the question .... How many points did Diaby's 6 league goals and 8 assists contribute to our 4th position finish in the PL? Would we have qualified for the Champions League without Moussa's contribution? I'm not a 'stats person' but sometimes numbers do have relevance.

24 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Using stats to defend Diaby is no different than using stats to defend Southgate....

Neither pass the eye test...

I run holiday parks. 

Here’s a hypothetical for you (not actual figures I wish 😂).

One park is making a million pound profit in a shitty location but is located near to big cities. No beach, not beautiful but profitable. This park is Diaby using your logic. This park has the stats that are valuable to me. 

The other park barely breaks even as it has high cost of sales and is remotely located. But it’s on a beach and looks incredible. It passes the eye test using your logic.

I know which park I want to keep…

• Like 3

I run holiday parks. 

One park is making a million pound profit in a shitty location but is located near to big cities. No beach, not beautiful but profitable. This park is Diaby using your logic. This park has the stats that are valuable to me. 

The other park barely breaks even as it has high cost of sales and is remotely located. But it’s on a beach and looks incredible. It passes the eye test using your logic.

Look at this Mickey Mouse logic

• Like 1

I run holiday parks. 

Ah but to pass the eye test I would have visited both parks and noticed the difference....

I have managed businesses and run my own for the last 25 years....

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â