Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

14 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Yes despite starting 12 of the last 19 PL games he was back up. Don't let facts detail your bs narrative though. 

We were bare bones. He'd clearly gone down in Emery's thinking over the season, and for good reason. His form plummeted in front of our eyes. I was genuinely disappointed and by and large in actual play he looked like a weak link. 

I don't feel as if we're losing a key player here. I feel as if we're selling someone who flattered to decieve and who we're making a bonkers profit on even though we spent a lot of money on him. This is a gift horse-mouth situation. 

He wasn't hopeless and obviously contributed some goals even in his dip in form, but he really wasn't that great either. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rolta said:

We were bare bones. He'd clearly gone down in Emery's thinking over the season, and for good reason. His form plummeted in front of our eyes. I was genuinely disappointed and by and large in actual play he looked like a weak link. 

I don't feel as if we're losing a key player here. I feel as if we're selling someone who flattered to decieve and who we're making a bonkers profit on even though we spent a lot of money on him. This is a gift horse-mouth situation. 

He wasn't hopeless and obviously contributed some goals even in his dip in form, but he really wasn't that great either. 

In fairness the teams form went downhill alot after Kamara got injured.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rolta said:

This describes the first two years of Leon Bailey.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

This describes the first two years of Leon Bailey.

Diaby was far better last season than Bailey's first two seasons. I think he looked good, you can see why we paid so much for him but this is a no brainer to take a huge profit. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Diaby was far better last season than Bailey's first two seasons. I think he looked good, you can see why we paid so much for him but this is a no brainer to take a huge profit. 

I would love Diaby to stay and prove people wrong. However, he’s got his price and a big profit means we can bring in some quality also. I wish he wasn’t going to Saudi, but as a Muslim I totally understand why he would want that for him and his family. It will be a big loss; but I trust Unai and Monchi to deliver. 

What a massive lack of ambition on Diaby’s part, if he ends up in Saudi.

Im sure the fact it’s a Muslim country has some bearing no doubt but let’s face it, it’s for the money if he goes and very much to the detriment of his career.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Im sure the fact it’s a Muslim country has some bearing no doubt but let’s face it, it’s for the money if he goes and very much to the detriment of his career.

He could earn a lot in two seasons and move back to Europe before he’s 28. Still has years in the tank if he’s injury free. It sucks, but the Saudi money is totally distorting things. 

Flattered to deceive at times last season and wants to play in an easier league where he can earn the same or better money and burn people with his pace again, which was a real feature of his game in Germany and hugely less so in the Premier League last season where he showed he doesn't have the ability to beat players with skill.

I think he was largely overrated when he came to us based on performances in a far simpler league, but was still looking forward to see if he would develop next season given he's still young.

If he goes, and for a profit, then auf wiedersehen pet.

Edited by est1874

Thought reports were saying Diaby wouldn't necessarily move unless Villa were willing to accept. I doubt he wanted to move having secured champ League but if that kind of money is on the table and Villa are all of a sudden interested then he would have no choice but to make that decision.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I would argue if you've done well enough in your career for a company to offer you silly wages on a long contract then you're having a very good and lucrative career. 

Not to mention how many of the Saudi "money-grabbers" who went into retirement last year, have just outshone most of the players still in Europe at the Euros. "Money motivated" Laporte seemed to find it easy to keep the "I want to win" Kane tucked in his pocket all match. Kante was probably the best player for France.

If Diaby wants to come back at any point he's done well in England and Germany so won't find a move back difficult. He's young enough that he'll probably be playing champions league football soon anyway once Saudi Arabia buys their way into the competition. 

We get a big fee, that no club in any other league would offer us, and he never plays against us while he’s there…

We go and spend the money on a player or two that goes into the side and makes it stronger.

What’s not to like?

• Like 2

If money is all that matters that's fine. He's following his ambition but it shouid be  more about playing at the highest level and winning trophies. At the end of the day he's earning mega money at Villa. How much money is enough.  

When he goes, which it's seems increasingly likely he will...

All those people so distressed by my opinion a couple of days ago will have to concede that I am correct, as the evidence indicates that...

Will be glad to see the back of him.

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

When he goes, which it's seems increasingly likely he will...

All those people so distressed by my opinion a couple of days ago will have to concede that I am correct, as the evidence indicates that...

Will be glad to see the back of him.

What was your opinion 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What was your opinion 

He's mentally fragile and not equipped for any kind of fight... Bottle job eager for the easy pay check...

Glimpses of talent but grossly overrated.

That sums it up pretty well!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Haha 1

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

He's mentally fragile and not equipped for any kind of fight... Bottle job eager for the easy pay check...

That sums it up pretty!

Do you know Moussa personally? If that was true, he would have turned us down. You don’t know either. None of us know what motivates him to change his mind now. 

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

That sums it up pretty well!

The events of the last 24hrs “prove” absolutely none of that.

Your opinion is entirely that, an opinion. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â