Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

I think the issue with Diaby which never was the case with Bailey is that he's so weak. 

I envisioned wed utilise his pace over the top but that never happened. He's quite creative and excellent one touch but I think centrally Rogers has shown so much more and we have Buendia back too.

Out wide he gets isolated can't beat his full back, can't cross and so on. He also doesn't defend his fullback well enough. 

He's a good player but for that price it's a no brainer to sell if they meet our demands. 

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

He’s not the replacement though. He was always coming back. 

We will see. Maybe you’re right. I suspect he is the replacement and we decided in the last week that selling one and buying back the other was a sensible deal.

Just now, Adam2003 said:

We will see. Maybe you’re right. I suspect he is the replacement and we decided in the last week that selling one and buying back the other was a sensible deal.

You could also be right. I do however trust Monchi and Unai to know exactly what we need if we sell Moussa too.

• Like 1

Monchi, if you're reading this; can you please add a clause of 3 years free diesel for my car please (and a new car doubly please, my 06 Civic is creaking more than my knees and stairs combined).

Many thanks, the key to this deal.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I don't really want him to go but i'll drive him there myself if we're getting 70mil.

Euros, it's about £59m

So about £25m actual profit. Or £31m profit on his "book value" but neither of those include the add-ons, of which it's likely some were activated during a successful season.

It's a nice fee but not the level of investment that will make any real change to our future PSR fortunes as mooted... it may allow us to replace Diaby and upgrade another player.

But a lot of squad change.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Euros, it's about £59m

So about £25m actual profit. Or £31m profit on his "book value" but neither of those include the add-ons, of which it's likely some were activated during a successful season.

It's a nice fee but not the level of investment that will make any real change to our future PSR fortunes as mooted... it may allow us to replace Diaby and upgrade another player.

But a lot of squad change.

Whatever add ons were activated are irrelevant in relation to a sale as they are paid when activated. They don't become part of any Amortisation or remaining book value. 

43 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Whatever add ons were activated are irrelevant in relation to a sale as they are paid when activated. They don't become part of any Amortisation or remaining book value. 

They do though account as a loss on the P&L and the total profit is only profit Vs the total costs. The cost may be in last season, but PSR rolls over 3 years.

So yeah, you're right  for this year it doesn't mean anything but it does when looking at 3 years, which PSR does

8 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

They do though account as a loss on the P&L and the total profit is only profit Vs the total costs. The cost may be in last season, but PSR rolls over 3 years.

So yeah, you're right  for this year it doesn't mean anything but it does when looking at 3 years, which PSR does

Only to fans do things "net spend" matter. So for your net spend the add ons will matter. For the 24/25 accounts and PSR and squad cost rule etc.. his book value will be ~£28m based on the initial fee. Add on's aren't a factor in his book value or any profit booked on his sale.

Why did we go with a lower fee and a possible £10m+ of add ons? This was mainly for PSR so we would push cost into later years, for that reason I'm sure he's not hit much or any of those add ons it would be less than 1/5th of the total anyway. 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Only to fans do things "net spend" matter. So for your net spend the add ons will matter. For the 24/25 accounts and PSR and squad cost rule etc.. his book value will be ~£28m based on the initial fee. Add on's aren't a factor in his book value or any profit booked on his sale.

Why did we go with a lower fee and a possible £10m+ of add ons? This was mainly for PSR so we would push cost into later years, for that reason I'm sure he's not hit much or any of those add ons it would be less than 1/5th of the total anyway. 

I doubt Add ons are not included is PSR calculations. Teams would work around it way more. Hey let's buy Diaby for £5m with £40m add on that he's still alive in 5 days

• Thanks 1

For me selling Diaby is sensible business. He was brought in to play the role Bailey nailed down last season. No-one anticipated the level Leon would get to. We can’t afford to have Diaby on those wages as a back up, plus he’ll not be happy as an understudy.

JPB perfect as the back up/rotational option.

A chance to recoup the fee plus a bit of profit, clear the wages and reinvest in other areas is a no brainer 

• Like 2

If we get £60-70m for him it’s about £30-40m profit. Then we sell Durán for £40m which would be another approx £30m profit and Cash for £25m is over £20m profit. Total profit: £80-90m.

I have been informed by our FFP experts that we need to make around £60m profit for next year’s accounts. Therefore, if we buy a marquee forward for £50m and a top young defender for say £30-40m on 5 year deals we will still be in the black for next year. Felix and Todibo make a lot of sense, both only 24 too which fits with our policy of buying young players this summer. 

We would still have the issue of having to shift Donk, Hause, Archer, Carlos, Moreno (or Digne), but hopefully we could do that. 

We could line up as follows:

Martinez

Konsa Todibo Torres Maatsen

Bailey Onana Tielemans McGinn

Felix

Watkins

Subs: Olsen, Nedelkovic, Mings, Digne, Enzo, Barkley, Rogers, Ramsey, Buendia, Philogene, Iling Jr (two players miss out)

Obviously Kamara coming back will give us more squad depth too.

McGinn arguably doesn’t start and we play Rogers or Ramsey instead.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â