Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

24 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

but I feel like on the pitch, we're likely to get weaker.

I don't .. at all.

We have a multitude of high level Premier League tested players everywhere else throughout the squad already.

Moussa wasn't a starter anymore either.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We get Felix like is being touted, we will and we won't even be up profit-wise lol

Felix actually has as much.Premier League experience as Diaby does ironically. ( Also, we are rumoured with loads of players )

And strangely, I'm not worried about either, for me, either of them would be more like " luxury" players or cherries on op/moments of magic type players to add to an already strong core.

Our play/season wouldn't necessarily depend on them imo.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

12 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

If Diaby and Duran go, I'd imagine we'll only see 1 player come in to cover both roles and Felix seems like the obvious choice, we simply don't have enough space in the squad and will need to offload a few more.

Not sure if Felix would be an upgrade either.

This.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Felix actually has as much.Premier League experience as Diaby does ironically. ( Also, we are rumoured with loads of players )

And strangely, I'm not worried about either, for me, either of them would be more like " luxury" players or cherries on op/moments of magic type players to add to an already strong core.

Our play/season wouldn't necessarily depend on them imo.

He played almost exactly half the minutes Diaby has (joined in January, left in June), and was considerably worse than him in that time. If we're going to sell him, I'd rather reinvest that money elsewhere, we are already pretty stacked up front anyway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He played almost exactly half the minutes Diaby has (joined in January, left in June), and was considerably worse than him in that time. If we're going to sell him, I'd rather reinvest that money elsewhere, we are already pretty stacked up front anyway.

💯.  Has Felix lived up to his reputation anywhere he’s played?

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 1

If they go for Felix. I will still support the decision, however, I’ve seen nothing beyond lazy links again to suggest an interest. There’s a reason why he’s ended up on the bench for every club he plays for. I think we will be ambitious or go for a player not expected like Baena or Veiga. 

Id go for Alverez all day long before Felix.  Probably cost more but wages wouldn’t be as much.  Get all Argentina supporters following us and recuperate money 

• Like 1

Guessing this helps on the uefa rules regards % on wages, not right now but coming years Diaby out, must be on £100,000 a week or there abouts, replaced by Philogene on peanuts in comparison, I don't see Felix coming in for Duran as much as I would love him to come, it's his wages, we'd have to make him the highest paid player at the club, so I see another younger type player to play back up to Watkins on moderate wages.

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

£36.5m + say £5.5m add-ons by now.  So £42m cost so far. The £36.5 over 5 years means he has a current PSR value of £29.2m. 

If we get £60m for him, we've doubled his current value.  PSR profit would be £31m.      

That £31m allows us to spend £60-80m on incoming transfer fees.

He has a 5 year contract and you think 5.5m of add on were hit inside the first season! When we have PSR pressure we pay 6.8m in amortisation a year but we make add ons front loaded so they're hit easily!!

No chance at all. Majority of those add ons are like after 50 PL appearances, 100 etc. 20 goal involvements, 40, 60 etc..

I'd say with a transfer fee of £34m we've paid maybe 1m or 2m at most after one season. 

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

He’s not a backup though…he registered over 2000 minutes in the league last season. I don't know where people get these ideas from. He made 54 appearances last season. 

People by and large are morons. There are a lot of people in the world too. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jasoncb said:

He started the season as first choice then became more of a backup as the season progressed.

Yes despite starting 12 of the last 19 PL games he was back up. Don't let facts detail your bs narrative though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

I don't think it does. It would around £20-30m profit. Helpful but not a huge difference. Selling a youth team player for big money would help a lot more. 

That’s about 10% of our revenue so not to be sniffed at. Its also immediate profit so we could buy a £50m player amortised over 5 years and still be in £20m profit (or 3 at £50 etc)

20 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He has a 5 year contract and you think 5.5m of add on were hit inside the first season! When we have PSR pressure we pay 6.8m in amortisation a year but we make add ons front loaded so they're hit easily!!

No chance at all. Majority of those add ons are like after 50 PL appearances, 100 etc. 20 goal involvements, 40, 60 etc..

I'd say with a transfer fee of £34m we've paid maybe 1m or 2m at most after one season. 

Well I assumed getting CL would be £2-3m of the add-ons by itself.  But anyway my point was that the add-ons don’t matter, that’s the irrelevant bit and only the base fee is important for the current book value.

I like Diaby and if he stays I don't have any issue with it but with how we play it's very difficult to get him and Bailey on the pitch at the same time without them taking each others space. If we played a 4-3-3 and they were both either side of Watkins then sure, I can see it but with the system we play I think we can target a different type of player.

We can use the pace and power of Bailey, Ramsey/Rogers and if I was playing someone behind Watkins I think Buendia is more suited. If we need more depth to cover a number of spots and Watkins then I'd love to get Dybala for a couple of seasons.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Even me who absolutely wants diabs to stay - if they offer 70m we cant turn that down as that sorts us out for FFP for years

Yeah exactly, every player has their price. 

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Well I assumed getting CL would be £2-3m of the add-ons by itself.  But anyway my point was that the add-ons don’t matter, that’s the irrelevant bit and only the base fee is important for the current book value.

I suppose the point made elsewhere is that whatever we paid in add ons was last season accounts. Doesn't impact his remaining book value and profit for a sale

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â