Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Even me who absolutely wants diabs to stay - if they offer 70m we cant turn that down as that sorts us out for FFP for years

Depends who we buy 🤣

I'd get used to players coming and going with a degree of regularity now - we'll be pragmatic and make moves as and when they come for the good of the squad/system.

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

the grealish money may have stopped but looks like the moussa money going to start 

It won't be that much, as it is offset against his book value on the balance sheet. I think it will be around 35m now, so anything above that will be profit for PSR.

I'd think this was always in the pipeline which has given us the confidence to go for our main target of Onana at CM. Spent the money before it's come in. I think Archer and Philogene coming back is offset by a Duran sale too. Then whatever we get for Digne / Moreno will go towards a statement RB signing. 

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It won't be that much, as it is offset against his book value on the balance sheet. I think it will be around 35m now, so anything above that will be profit for PSR.

His PSR book value is now £29 million.

The add-ons that were achieved will have hit in 23/24 so doesn't affect book value.

• Like 1

We'll have to sign another player, one that likely has to get used to this league as well. I know that sweet PSR profit hits different, but I feel like on the pitch, we're likely to get weaker.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I'd think this was always in the pipeline which has given us the confidence to go for our main target of Onana at CM. Spent the money before it's come in. I think Archer and Philogene coming back is offset by a Duran sale too. Then whatever we get for Digne / Moreno will go towards a statement RB signing. 

Unless the Digne/Moreno money is already spent on Maatsen?

38 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Apparently not Emery's first choice, that was Nico Williams. £60+ is a lot of money in this market and a £30m profit on paper. This, coupled with £35m+ for Duran (and Moreno or Digne who will depart), leaves a lot of amortised money on the coffers.

Seemingly Williams will go to Barcelona or Villa, and Barca are dragging their heels on a deal, if you believe Twitter Williams will be a shown around the club when we play Bilbao on the 7th. Also Felix is another that Emery holds in high esteem, its crazy but I wouldn't put it past Monchi to get both (Felix on loan).

....then we just want Frimpong.

Hang on, are you suggesting/hinting/saying or denying that we are/were/could be in for Nico Williams.

I hope they don't show him around Walsall.

He would be worth the ticket money alone, one of the best at the Euros. Surely we can't beat Barcelona to him

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We'll have to sign another player, one that likely has to get used to this league as well. I know that sweet PSR profit hits different, but I feel like on the pitch, we're likely to get weaker.

He offered very little 2nd half of the season. Philogene could have a bigger impact next year. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

His PSR book value is now £29 million.

The add-ons that were achieved will have hit in 23/24 so doesn't affect book value.

Either way it doesn't matter, as the point is that it won't be anywhere near enough to allow us to cover bulk of transfer spend for the foreseeable, like the grealish money did.

• Confused 1

Something else to factor in is that the club are in a much stronger position now to replace a high-profile departure. When we signed Diaby it felt like a huge deal as he was a player always linked to big Champions League regular clubs that Emery and co. had obviously sold the project to, having now actually qualified for the CL ourselves makes it a lot easier to replicate signings of that calibre were he to leave and bring in the kind of figure being thrown around.

If Diaby and Duran go, I'd imagine we'll only see 1 player come in to cover both roles and Felix seems like the obvious choice, we simply don't have enough space in the squad and will need to offload a few more.

Not sure if Felix would be an upgrade either.

Just now, VillaJay said:

If Diaby and Duran go, I'd imagine we'll only see 1 player come in to cover both roles and Felix seems like the obvious choice, we simply don't have enough space in the squad and will need to offload a few more.

Not sure if Felix would be an upgrade either.

Daiby, Duran, Dendoncker, Hause and one of Moreno or Digne gone and 1 more in would make our squad the good size. Everyone is registered for the PL

• Like 1

I would say Baena or Felix are the ideal replacements for Diaby/Duran, it's already been mentioned but Alvarez as a wildcard option. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â