Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Apparently not Emery's first choice, that was Nico Williams. £60+ is a lot of money in this market and a £30m profit on paper. This, coupled with £35m+ for Duran (and Moreno or Digne who will depart), leaves a lot of amortised money on the coffers.

Seemingly Williams will go to Barcelona or Villa, and Barca are dragging their heels on a deal, if you believe Twitter Williams will be a shown around the club when we play Bilbao on the 7th. Also Felix is another that Emery holds in high esteem, its crazy but I wouldn't put it past Monchi to get both (Felix on loan).

....then we just want Frimpong.

• Shocked 1

Not sure they need to do much to "book a medical" when the club is owned by PIF and healthcare is largely private so a medical can be setup in minutes if they click their fingers.

Seems a negotiating tactic but we hold the cards here and can wait till Jan if needed. The rush is on their side. Pay up big or **** off

Some of the players from last year have already started hinting at wanting to come back to Europe so I'm not sure there'll be quite as many outgoings to Saudi summer, which should mean we can drive for a favourable deal.

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

Backup meaning he won't be in our first choice 11.

It's very much a squad game though. He did start a fair few games. It will be more than a 50 game season again so the idea of a backup does not exist for most of the outfield. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The same bloke who said he turned us down for Saudi last year. Zero credibility. 

I seem to remember Diaby saying he was very close to accepting the Saudi offer last summer, so it's possible that at one stage he was veering towards going there and that reporter wasn't far off.  The fact that it looks like it's going to happen this year indicates he regrets not going.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

It's very much a squad game though. He did start a fair few games. It will be more than a 50 game season again so the idea of a backup does not exist for most of the outfield. 

I'll correct it then, second choice not backup. 

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s not a backup though…he registered over 2000 minutes in the league last season. I don't know where people get these ideas from. He made 54 appearances last season. 

Yup it’s a squad game nobody bar a handful should be nailed on starters doesn’t matter about the price tag .

7 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Apparently not Emery's first choice, that was Nico Williams. £60+ is a lot of money in this market and a £30m profit on paper. This, coupled with £35m+ for Duran (and Moreno or Digne who will depart), leaves a lot of amortised money on the coffers.

Seemingly Williams will go to Barcelona or Villa, and Barca are dragging their heels on a deal, if you believe Twitter Williams will be a shown around the club when we play Bilbao on the 7th. Also Felix is another that Emery holds in high esteem, its crazy but I wouldn't put it past Monchi to get both (Felix on loan).

Nico earns 200k a week at Bilbao, we'd have to offer at least 300k, it's never gonna happen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alakagom said:

Nico earns 200k a week at Bilbao, we'd have to offer at least 300k, it's never gonna happen. 

Not necessarily, and who knows what we are prepared to pay?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

He called this one before Fab did. And diaby going to Saudi now, suggests there was something in Rudi’s claim of last year. 

Moussa did in fact say he was seriously considering it, and chose us in the end.

So you never know.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thunderball said:

If that happened I'd gladly give Emery and Monchi a synchronised reach-around.

• Haha 2

Williams is a one club man I reckon. It will be like Jesus Navas who was always linked with moves away but anxiety meant that he held of moving for ages. He did eventually overcome that and move to City but he played very little. Williams may move, but he is keen to stay with his family. So if he does decide to leave Bilbao, I don’t think it will be to move very far…Barca is only a very short private flight away. 

Edited by Tayls

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

if they offer 70m we cant turn that down as that sorts us out for FFP for years

I don't think it does. It would around £20-30m profit. Helpful but not a huge difference. Selling a youth team player for big money would help a lot more. 

Just now, villa89 said:

I don't think it does. It would around £20-30m profit. Helpful but not a huge difference. Selling a youth team player for big money would help a lot more. 

i think you also have to take inro consideration the wages and bonuses we will be saving on

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â