Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

At a guess if some of the add-ons got triggered then we may have paid £40m, minus one year is £32m, if we can squeeze it up to £55m-£60m then it's £23m-£28m profit.  

It's slightly better than that because the add-ons get paid in the year that they were achieved. So are now already gone in PSR terms for the 24/25 season.

Some saying the medical is booked…  we’ve got to get the best possible deal, hold firm and see how high they are willing to go for him.

Just now, Jas10 said:

Some saying the medical is booked…  we’ve got to get the best possible deal, hold firm and see how high they are willing to go for him.

Give Rudy his credit!

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

This is why I love VT: you miss out a word of two in a post and a gif comes your way.  I deserved it.

What word(s) were you missing?

45 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

£10m isn’t significant profit though. 

Well it would be £20m on ther books as (assuming 5 year contract on £50m fee), £10m of that will have been unwound on last year's accounts.

It might not be as high as £50m anyway as in one year I'd imagine some of the add ons wouldn't have been triggered.

49 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The best we was ever going to get for him 

Then don't sell. He’s worth more. Absolutely no reason to sell for that price. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

Then don't sell. He’s worth more. Absolutely no reason to sell for that price. 

This.  We're not in the same situation as Luiz regards contract and PSR, they either overpay or look elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Just saw that as well.

In essence, I wouldn't even call Moussa a " failed move ".

He played his part in getting us the points to help us get to Champions League ( probably ahead of schedule ) and is now potentially helping us to fund a player or teo which helps us stay there and/or challenge on multiple fronts.

Whilst being able to get a move for him in a comfortable environment.okas a good amount of money

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just saw that as well.

He played his part in getting us the points to help us get to Champions League ( probably ahead of schedule ) and is now potentially helping us to fund a player or teo which helps us stay there and/or challenge on multiple fronts.

Whilst being able to get a move for him in a comfortable environment.okas a good amount of money

Definitely not a failure, he had the same amount of G+A as Luiz did last season.  

• Like 1

Has any player given up CL like this to go to Saudi? Struggling to think of a similar precedent. 

I know people like Benzema etc have moved but has anyone in the prime of their career turned their nose up at CL to play in Saudi. 

It’s a bit disappointing, he’s a talented player but think he was surprised by physicality of PL and ultimately if he didn’t have the heart for it better to take the cash. Need to replace him with real top quality, whoever we buy comes with some risk. 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just saw that as well.

Oh I don’t think that at all, he’s a good player who contributed and needs more time to improve and settle but… certainly not a failure and far too soon to make a judgement like that.

As I’ve said, these opportunities don’t come along very often and if we can make a big profit on someone who, essentially, became an expensive bench player and put those funds towards more of Unai’s targets for CL football… I think we’d be silly not to even consider it.

I’ve already said I’m not too fussed either way (he stays and gets better, he goes and we make a big profit and stay active in this window).

Feels like it’s gonna happen so may as well look forward to who we’re bringing in, maybe someone much more suited to the 10 or SS role that can take us up a level or two… 

Again, to repeat myself, Leon’s form and ability has probably contributed to Moussa not being seen as indispensable or unsellable, there are cheaper alternatives/backups (probably the highest paid player at the club).

We may not have even anticipated or expected a big Saudi bid but… we may never get this chance again and in the present climate, it helps to boost our coffers when it’s not a first 11 player or someone as important as our mainstays. And get someone in who is going to be that and make us even stronger. 

Seems like a waste, I felt he was going to improve from his solid base next season and be a really good player for us. Chemistry is an issue when you turnover too much of the squad, and this feels like a move we don't really need to make. I hope we've got a quality replacement lined up.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â