Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Yeah we don't need to because the PSR deadline has passed. But it's a continuous thing, the deadline will come around next year as well.

With >£50m on the table now for a non-starting player in Diaby he's got to go, as much as improvement is likely.

I think Digne will stay due to lack of interest and we'll manage to loan Moreno out for a year. I think the situation with those two will be similar every summer unfortunately.

Dignes wages will be a issue i agree can only see maybe a saudi club but thats probably it unless its a loan and we cover the wages.

Likely scenerio with moreno

Keep diaby until summer he wil help us get CL again. I think we are light of we sell and dont bring a replacement in

1 hour ago, Pez1974 said:

I suspect we are trying to cash in on Digne and Moreno as well - it doesn't have to be an either/or. 
The reality is that Diaby is an asset we can sell for good money - both in cash and PSR terms. Digne and Moreno are not.

I also disagree that there is plenty of room for Diaby in the team; he is behind Bailey currently so he doesn't get in the team.
We also have Philogene to play the winger role, and Illing Junior on the other side (who could play inverted). We cannot just stockpile players when £50m+ is on the table - it probably won't be there in a year, so this feels like a smart deal to make.
The reality for me is that Rogers, McGinn, Buendia and Tielemans are ahead of Diaby in the #10 (SS) role, and in the combined wide forward roles we now have Bailey, Ramsey, Rogers, Philogene, Illing Junior, plus McGinn and Maatsen who can play there - 7 players who can cover 2 positions, without Diaby.

I really think he could have stepped up this season, but circumstances right now with Bailey's improvement, and Rogers coming in a progressing well, mean that Diaby isn't needed, so we can turn a quick profit and thank him for his contribution.  

I disagree with alot of that. Diabs can play behind olliw or the left and bailey has been used on right and left. I dont think he would be behind JPB either.

We dont need to cash in this summer. PSR done until next summer. He still has  a lengthly period on his contract so we can explore a sale next summer.

Think its better to have more options. We have a hell of a lot of games this year

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dignes wages will be a issue i agree can only see maybe a saudi club but thats probably it unless its a loan and we cover the wages.

Likely scenerio with moreno

Keep diaby until summer he wil help us get CL again. I think we are light of we sell and dont bring a replacement in

I suspect Diaby's salary is higher than Digne's. He turned down a Saudi club to join us after all.

Sell and replace.

• Like 1

He's a fine player that had his good and bad moments last season, but on the whole I think there was enough to be encouraged by that he'd be even better next go around. He's a relatively diminutive guy, the kind that usually struggle to adapt to the PL initially, you'd like to think that given time he'll find more consistency in his general play, and numbers-wise he's already one of the most effective players at the club anyway.

Sometimes it's a case of better the devil you know as well. There's no guarantees at all that it's as simple as selling him and then replacing him with someone better, as if there's no possibility that this hypothetical replacement will struggle to settle themselves and be seen in the same vein this time next year. We've seen players have much worse seasons than Diaby had go on to be staples of the team as time has gone by, so I'd be happy to keep him personally.

It's one of those where you can take the positives either way though. Hard for the club to turn down a "big profit" on a player that at times wasn't starting last season, and in theory you could sell him and Duran for £90-100m total, sign a versatile forward that could cover both of their positions for a fraction of that and at least on paper not be much weaker whilst also trimming the squad a bit.

50 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

However we need a replacement and would hope we have something in pipeline before we even allowed home to leave 

We've already signed his replacement, Philogene. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

We've already signed his replacement, Philogene. 

It's idiotic to think a player who had played no Premier League football let alone European football is a replacement for a player who has years of top flight, European, Champions League and international experience. 

Not to mention 

Philogene is a winger alternative to Bailey. 

Diaby plays as a second striker 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's idiotic to think a player who had played no Premier League football let alone European football is a replacement for a player who has years of top flight, European, Champions League and international experience. 

Not to mention 

Philogene is a winger alternative to Bailey. 

Diaby plays as a second striker 

Yeh, and he's rubbish at it. 

Not bothered reading this thread over the last couple of weeks but I’d be a bit sad to see Diaby go after just one season. We haven’t seen his maximum yet, I’d keep him if it was up to me.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

19 G+A and 3rd most creative player in the team per 90 does not equate to rubbish in anyone's thinking bar those idiots who see the world only as amazing or shit. 

I guess I see it different. Most goals are team goals and they come from progressions and runs that have been designed and practiced on the training pitch. Besides the occasion when a player does something spectacular (Duran) a lot are repetitive. How many goals came from getting to the byline and cutting back? By the end of the season you could watch a player make that run across the 6 yard box like clockwork - even Zaniolo scored from that sequence (at West Ham maybe?).

We have seen the whole team lift and their numbers reflect that. I am not saying Diabys are easy to replace but it might not be a simple case of someone having the replicate those numbers.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

19 G+A and 3rd most creative player in the team per 90 does not equate to rubbish in anyone's thinking bar those idiots who see the world only as amazing or shit. 

I could say the same about those that decide everything based on stats rather than their own eyes. 

BY GOD HE KILLED HIM. 

I think if Diaby and Duran go,.we can book a big profit and probably replace them both with 1 top player which also helps with squad numbers

• Like 3

I like him, but he’s not physical enough to play through the middle, which he was clearly bought to do. 

It would be great to have him as an option across the front/wide positions but we’re stacked there now, especially with Philogenes return and Rogers exploding on to the scene (neither of which would have been expected).

Pragmatism is needed. Sell him on for a decent profit and invest in a more imposing 9/10 hybrid like say Felix.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

I like him, but he’s not physical enough to play through the middle, which he was clearly bought to do. 

It would be great to have him as an option across the front/wide positions but we’re stacked there now, especially with Philogenes return and Rogers exploding on to the scene (neither of which would have been expected).

Pragmatism is needed. Sell him on for a decent profit and invest in a more imposing 9/10 hybrid like say Felix.

Now we’re talking. Felix is a massive upgrade on Diaby. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â