Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

31 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

My thoughts exactly. Also we would not let him go without replacement lined up. Weakening the team with a second key player sold is highly unlikely without a replacement. So all seems complicated even if I'm sure the interest in genuine.

Also we just take for granted Diaby would want to go there having turned down a move to Saudi last summer 

I don't think Diaby is a key player for us.

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

£34.6m + add ons thee fee wasn’t that big . I think everyone’s opinion of him would be different if they started judging on that fee opposed to £50m

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

£34.6m + add ons thee fee wasn’t that big . I think everyone’s opinion of him would be different if they started judging on that fee opposed to £50m

I'm pretty sure a fat add-on will already be due after we got Champions League. And he'll be pulling another £25m in wages in his current contract.

He's an expensive player. He's not played consistently. He was given a lot of chances.

We can't turn down £50m for a guy who is very likely to be on the bench for our big games.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm pretty sure a fat add-on will already be due after we got Champions League. And he'll be pulling another £25m in wages in his current contract.

He's an expensive player. He's not played consistently. He was given a lot of chances.

We can't turn down £50m for a guy who is very likely to be on the bench for our big games.

I imagine the club would sell for his book value if they had the chance. Being able to sell for a profit is just ridonculous. Get rid and call this guy off as a bad job. 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It was a great deal, no clue about the add-ons, but given it’s a state-run team from Saudi they should demand upwards of £70m, we don’t need to sell. The club made a big investment in him and we need sufficient profit from any potential deal.

• Like 1

I can't shake the feeling of being a bit sad about this one if he does leave. Maybe I'm alone here?

I totally agree with the general consensus that he's been decent but not pulled up any trees. He doesn't have a firm grasp of any particular position in our starting eleven and, despite putting up some good numbers (especially for a first season in the PL), he is very lightweight and gets outmuscled very easily.

But, for some reason, I'd still be disappointed if he left. I think it may be because it was a real statement signing and it really set our collective imaginations off? Hopefully his sale would/will mean we can go out and make an equally exciting signing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

who to believe? many publications put the price at 50m. 

Why would anyone be sad about this?

It’s not like he’s some £5-10m player we’ve taken a gamble on from the lower leagues. I imagine, with the add ons paid, he’s probably our record signing and he’s at best, a bench option this season.

We’re being given the chance to get rid of what could be (provided he doesn’t improve massively) a very expensive mistake by the club. 

People need to think more about what we’re going to invest in and buy rather than losing sleep over some expensive dusty baller who was mediocre at best last season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

who to believe? many publications put the price at 50m. 

I think because they confused the original fee and add-ons or the difference between pounds and euros. 

3 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I can't shake the feeling of being a bit sad about this one if he does leave. Maybe I'm alone here?

I totally agree with the general consensus that he's been decent but not pulled up any trees. He doesn't have a firm grasp of any particular position in our starting eleven and, despite putting up some good numbers (especially for a first season in the PL), he is very lightweight and gets outmuscled very easily.

But, for some reason, I'd still be disappointed if he left. I think it may be because it was a real statement signing and it really set our collective imaginations off? Hopefully his sale would/will mean we can go out and make an equally exciting signing.

I’d be sad too. But I’m also pragmatic that if a big offer comes in, it can be reinvested well. However, unless the situation changes, I’m excited to see what Moussa can do with some new renewed confidence and a pre-season with Unai. 

• Like 1

If we can bring in close to £100m for both Diaby and Duran I think you have to take it. Will give us a bit of freedom to shape the squad whilst losing 2 somewhat "bit part" players. 

Would be kinda sad to see Diaby go (as i suspect he'll have a better season this year), but also think we'd be absolutely fine without him. 

• Like 1

Are there any actual genuine/top tier links that he might actually be going?

I feel like the last 9000 pages of rumours are prob based off nothing more than an F tier report?!?!

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Are there any actual genuine/top tier links that he might actually be going?

I feel like the last 9000 pages of rumours are prob based off nothing more than an F tier report?!?!

Tanswell and Percy are F tier?!?

Dude, you really need to get off the meth 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Tanswell and Percy are F tier?!?

Dude, you really need to get off the meth 

Didn't see the percy links.

Tanswell, I don't think he knows anything, he just seems to regurgitate what others say.

15 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

My thoughts exactly, would be gutted if he went, like you said I understand the situation, but it's a sqaud we need & really the think he will kick on .... hoping this falls through only because I think he will be a star this season after a solid season last season.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â