Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Exactly. We have to sell him because this offer is here now. That's it.

He's not even a key man currently, it's not up for debate.

I do think he'd have improved, but what if he didn't? We're stuck with another bench player earning a fortune who we can't get rid of.

Hopefully that's us making them pay through the anus.

It’s especially good if it means and allows us to pursue higher level players that Unai wants, to make us more competitive and successful in both the CL and PL… one or two top class signings that go into that team could really elevate us even further.

Could be a game changer, we don’t lack ambition - we’re just held back by the financial rules.

It’s not that difficult to believe… with Blanc appointed, Benzema’s influence and Kante (who still got called up and played for France) there, there’s more reason to believe that it could happen.

Oh well, hopefully we’ll find out quite soon now.

I like Diaby and you would think that he would improve in his second season with us.

On the other hand though. He is also a player we could do without now too.

He doesn't appear to have a definitive role in our team at the moment.

The original rumour is legit. Well respected guy on twitter followed by Ornstein/Romano I believe.

I believe this happens. Diaby is a great player but i don't think he really finds a proper place in the side. He doesn't quite do Baileys job nor the second striker role exceptionally well (he is good however). In addition, too often he is hussled off the ball in the PL.

I could see Villa selling him and going in for Felix now that we have Philogene. Or Emery and Monchi go hell for leather after Williams.

The funny thing is… it may have been Bailey’s form that resulted in us now being open to selling… rather than Moussa’s being such a factor. Less of a need for him (esp with the fee (inc add ons) and wages) when Leon is lighting it up, having struggled beforehand, and signing a new deal… there are less expensive backups/alternatives. With that investment, we needed him to be one of the main players in the side but Leon has emphatically taken that spot - genuinely one of our very best players, arguably priceless to us now. They didn’t play together all that much, did they? More a case of one or the other.

But of course, it’s all dependent on this offer (if it’s real and profitable enough).

Remember Unai saying he was “not in a hurry” with him to improve and adapt, that he had faith in the player. After all, he was signed along with Pau so that would suggest he was a high priority target at the time…

Edited by Jas10

28 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We invested so much in him, it doesn't make sense to sell him after one season. It's not as if he's been a complete flop, he's been alright.

Whilst I totally agree in that sense I can also see where Unai is at with the sale. Whilst an electric player and will improve he has been used as a bit part player as such. If this transfer was used to buy a Nico Williams per say would you sell the player? 

Edited by CroVillan

16 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Whilst I totally agree in that sense I can also see where Unai is at with the sale. Whilst an electric player and will improve he has been used as a big part player as such. If this transfer was used to buy a Nico Williams per se would you sell the player? 

Yes, every single time...

• Like 1

If we sell him it will be becuase someone is offering silly money and we have a target to replace him and most likely an upgrade.

Was looking forward to him improving this season, but Emery has a big picture lens.

• Like 3

I think there is plenty of space in this team for diaby.  I would be starting diaby ahead of JPB to begin with. JPB played at much lower level in championship and diaby has shown he can mix it up in this league.

Once JPB has his settled then its down to whoever does better. We need competition so having diabs and JPB as options helps massively 

I would be trying to cash in on digne and moreno instead of diaby

3 hours ago, QldVilla said:

If we sell him it will be becuase someone is offering silly money and we have a target to replace him and most likely an upgrade.

Was looking forward to him improving this season, but Emery has a big picture lens.

16-35mm

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think there is plenty of space in this team for diaby.  I would be starting diaby ahead of JPB to begin with. JPB played at much lower level in championship and diaby has shown he can mix it up in this league.

Once JPB has his settled then its down to whoever does better. We need competition so having diabs and JPB as options helps massively 

I would be trying to cash in on digne and moreno instead of diaby

I would say it's very very likely no one is offering us much at all for either Digne or Moreno.

If anyone was, we would be selling them.

Pretty unmoved by this tbh. Didn’t think he looked great, equally wouldn’t be writing off and I think he can kick on, but then I don’t think we got value for money for him so if we can make a small profit and sign someone else then great. 

Sometimes you have to crack some eggs to make an omelette.

If he goes it'll be for the greater good. I'm happy if he stays, happy if he goes to fund some more CL quality signings. 

Enjoy the ride.

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I would say it's very very likely no one is offering us much at all for either Digne or Moreno.

If anyone was, we would be selling them.

We wont get much for digne but getting his wages off the books will help massively 

I think moreno was being linked with a move back to spain. If we get close to 10-15m for both and wages off books we would have done well.

I dont think we need to sell this summer. Maybe next summer that conversation could come in for FFp

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Still no actual updates, just speculation from random foreign journalists for clicks. 

My thoughts exactly. Also we would not let him go without replacement lined up. Weakening the team with a second key player sold is highly unlikely without a replacement. So all seems complicated even if I'm sure the interest in genuine.

Also we just take for granted Diaby would want to go there having turned down a move to Saudi last summer 

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think we need to sell this summer. Maybe next summer that conversation could come in for FFp

Yeah we don't need to because the PSR deadline has passed. But it's a continuous thing, the deadline will come around next year as well.

With >£50m on the table now for a non-starting player in Diaby he's got to go, as much as improvement is likely.

I think Digne will stay due to lack of interest and we'll manage to loan Moreno out for a year. I think the situation with those two will be similar every summer unfortunately.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Still no actual updates, just speculation from random foreign journalists for clicks. 

31 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

My thoughts exactly. Also we would not let him go without replacement lined up. Weakening the team with a second key player sold is highly unlikely without a replacement. So all seems complicated even if I'm sure the interest in genuine.

Also we just take for granted Diaby would want to go there having turned down a move to Saudi last summer 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â