Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

these are the same people that bought diaby in the first place though?

i just feel like it's a gamble we don't need to take

Yes you are right, they are the same people, so that means (to me at least) that he wants to go.... Or we deem him surplus to our requirements now.

I don't share your concerns, but I do understand them. Maybe I am too nonchalant about Diaby. Only time will tell...

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why is it an excuse because my opinion differs to yours? 

No not all, if that's the excuse you think will be the reason if he leaves then that's fine. My excuse for the reason if he leaves is different. 

I welcome opinions 🙂

If Emery wants to sell, it means he has some of the same concerns some of us have expressed on here ever since Diaby came back from his back injury. 

Not as aggressive, not as explosive, drifted out of games, seemed passive at times, not physical enough and generally did not have the impact that was probably expected from him for a club record signing.

Trust Emery. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, maqroll said:

If Emery wants to sell, it means he has some of the same concerns some of us have expressed on here ever since Diaby came back from his back injury. 

Not as aggressive, not as explosive, drifted out of games, seemed passive at times, not physical enough and generally did not have the impact that was probably expected from him for a club record signing.

Trust Emery. 

some people would rather players ran around looking physical and aggressive all the time, rather than actually coming up with key passes, assists and goals.

Diaby struggled at times with where he was meant to be playing and the physical nature of the Prem league, often he was running into the same space as Bailey. Most players struggle to adapt to the Prem in the first season, no matter the fee or reputation. Diaby definitely lost confidence at times, but nearly always rebounded and came back with key assists and goals that helped get us into the Champion's League. But people make their mind up about a player and won't ever change that opinion.

If he is sold, then I trust Emery and the plan, but would be shame as I personally think he will be quality if he stays.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

some people would rather players ran around looking physical and aggressive all the time, rather than actually coming up with key passes, assists and goals.

Diaby struggled at times with where he was meant to be playing and the physical nature of the Prem league, often he was running into the same space as Bailey. Most players struggle to adapt to the Prem in the first season, no matter the fee or reputation. Diaby definitely lost confidence at times, but nearly always rebounded and came back with key assists and goals that helped get us into the Champion's League. But people make their mind up about a player and won't ever change that opinion.

If he is sold, then I trust Emery and the plan, but would be shame as I personally think he will be quality if he stays.

Couldn't care less about him looking 'physical and aggressive'. Care about him being calm in possession though.

Edited by Tom13

Don’t want him to go, but if we get £60-70mill bid for him and a nice sell on clause then we can invest in Max Beier & perhaps Baena/ Felix then so be it. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Another consideration is that he appears to be a devout Muslim, so the land of Mecca may hold some appeal to him and his family.

Did think that, might be an extra tempter on a personal level. 

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Another consideration is that he appears to be a devout Muslim, so the land of Mecca may hold some appeal to him and his family.

I keep pointing this out.

However it seems some people keep evading this and are making it seem as if he would view it as some sort of " punishment ".

Or it's him signalling he doesn't want to put the effort in at this level anymore.

A tonne load of money on top of those factors also help.

2 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I have extremely strong neutral feelings about this transfer.

Seems it's where most people are.

I think most are happy for him to stay and come good.

However, if we get very good money for him which allows us to reinvest into players more likely to make an impact so be it 

Moussa seems like a great guy, and you can see his qualities when he's at his best.

However I do worry that he's small and not aggressive enough in the league, gets bullied.

On the flip side though, alot of the same feelings were mirrored at Leon previously!

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â