Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You don't get much enjoyment from Villa do you!

Well he's happy to see him gone, so there's that.

Maybe he's like a cenobyte from Hellraiser; pain = pleasure or something. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

And you've done what I keep doing and forgot Dobbin.

Think he’ll be out on loan tbh.
But, when you list them all out, picking a match day squad isn’t easy.

Buendia can essentially play in two positions. Either left mid or as the 10.

As the left mid. He’s up against.

Ramsey
Philogene
Rogers
Iling Junior

As the 10, he’s up against.

Bailey
Rogers
Tielemans
New (probably)

He absolutely isn’t starting ahead of Rogers, Ramsey and Bailey. Philogene isn’t coming here to warm the bench and if Tielemans isn’t playing in central midfield, he’ll be fancied further forward. 

Buendia won’t play much next season.

Seeing as this is the Diaby thread, tbh, I doubt he would be either, hence why he’s leaving.

We’re levelling up and Diaby/Buendia won’t be here much longer. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Well he's happy to see him gone, so there's that.

Maybe he's like a cenobyte from Hellraiser; pain = pleasure or something. 

The pain is like a drug, ya know? 

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Think he’ll be out on loan tbh.
But, when you list them all out, picking a match day squad isn’t easy.

Buendia can essentially play in two positions. Either left mid or as the 10.

As the left mid. He’s up against.

Ramsey
Philogene
Rogers
Iling Junior

As the 10, he’s up against.

Bailey
Rogers
Tielemans
New (probably)

He absolutely isn’t starting ahead of Rogers, Ramsey and Bailey. Philogene isn’t coming here to warm the bench and if Tielemans isn’t playing in central midfield, he’ll be fancied further forward. 

Buendia won’t play much next season.

Seeing as this is the Diaby thread, tbh, I doubt he would be either, hence why he’s leaving.

We’re levelling up and Diaby/Buendia won’t be here much longer. 

I think your starting 11 was pretty accurate based on our current squad. Konsa RB and Rogers in behind Watkins (Kenneth). 

One exception and as blasphemous as it may sound, I think we're (not just you) allowing absence to make players become better than they were. JJ was a huge talent and scored some great goals bursting into the box. He also drove with the ball really well. However he wasn’t a prime beat his man, Nico Williams type winger and had areas of his game to develop and get more consistent at. So I don't think he's a sure fire starter. For me, one of Bailey or Diaby starts on the right given Konsa is RB so there is balance with the left side that has Maatsen as the speedster

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

Do you only speak in numbers and childish personal insults ? Are you some sort of poorly programmed cyborg machine ?

I asked you to explain why you are jerking off on this guy and all you do is hurl insults and computer charts at me !!!

I give up - all opinions. You rate him, I don't rate him. Move on !  

“Jerking off on this guy”

Have a nice day, possibly grow up whilst you’re at it. 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Do me a favour right. Assume everybody is fit. Also assume Diaby and Duran have left the club. Give me your matchday XI and the bench. 

Buendia will just start all the games Zaniolo did last year. Was very prominent in our line up up to December and then became more of a fringe player after.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Buendia will just start all the games Zaniolo did last year. Was very prominent in our line up up to December and then became more of a fringe player after.

So give me your starting XI and bench then. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

So give me your starting XI and bench then. 

West Ham away:

Martinez

Konsa

Carlos (as it's West Ham)

Pau

Maatsen

Onana

Tielemans

McGinn

Ramsey

Bailey

Watkins

Subs: Gauci, Cash, Digne, Barrenchea, Barkley, Il-Jr, BUENDIA, Rogers, Diaby.

Have I missed anyone obvious out there? Not sure Mings will be ready for the start of the season and expecting likes of Moreno and Duran to be sold. Other than no CB that's a really decent bench with good options to change things from an attacking perspective.

Now fast forward to December and likes of Southampton and Brentford at home after a draining three months of CL football....and guess what injuries.

Emi, Cash, Konsa, new CB, Maatsen, Barrenchea, Onana, Buendia, Rogers, Diaby, Watkins. We could easily see that type of line up for a home game against bottom half team in a congested part of the season.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

West Ham away:

Martinez

Konsa

Pau

Maatsen

Onana

Tielemans

McGinn

Ramsey

Bailey

Watkins

Have I missed anyone obvious out there? Not sure Mings will be ready for the start of the season and expecting likes of Moreno and Duran to be sold. Other than no CB that's a really decent bench with good options to change things from an attacking perspective.

Now fast forward to December and likes of Southampton and Brentford at home after a draining three months of CL football....and guess what injuries.

Emi, Cash, Konsa, new CB, Maatsen, Barrenchea, Onana, Buendia, Rogers, Diaby, Watkins. We could easily see that type of line up for a home game against bottom half team in a congested part of the season.

To be fair, I didn’t realise you were allowed nine subs! Egg on Delphinho’s face. 

Still think he’ll struggle massively for playing time. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

West Ham away:

Martinez

Konsa

Pau

Maatsen

Onana

Tielemans

McGinn

Ramsey

Bailey

Watkins

If/when Onana signs, I believe that to be our strongest XI, especially away games and against the top four/five teams.

I do think we need another CB option though, whether that be Hermoso or someone else? Being greedy but another striker/forward option would be good if Duran leaves. 

It’s a bloody good squad above though 👍

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

To be fair, I didn’t realise you were allowed nine subs! Egg on Delphinho’s face. 

Still think he’ll struggle massively for playing time. 

It's not 1995 anymore, we can field two sub keepers on the bench aswell....😉

If he proves his fitness in next month I can easily see Buendia getting 20-25 minutes v West Ham, Arsenal to press and disrupt opposition if we're winning/drawing and also help out with counters.

Think we then have league cup in August so he'll start that game and also a few around CL ties. Ipswich away three days before a CL game looks a prime one to bring him in for a start.

Unai would've rotated far more last season but ultimately the endless midfield and defence injuries we had from Feb really tied his hands with regard selection in the last 10 games and we pretty much had to put the same team out.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Last season we didn’t really play Ramsey, if he was available Zaniolo wouldn’t have started much.

On 12/07/2024 at 14:11, Jareth said:

They'd have to be long legs for you, you height fetishist. 

seems our manager, is getting the bug too.....maybe there's something in it.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, PaulC said:

I'm sorry but I don't agree. It took 2 seasons before we saw the best of Bailey and to give up on a player who is technically gifted as well as very quick after one season doesn't sit good with me. There is room for smaller players. It's going to depend who we bring in as a replacement and how quickly they fit in but seen it before when you make to many changes too quickly it doesn't always work out the way you want 

That's fine, it's not very often Paul, we do disagree.

Personally, I thought he was negated too easily, too often, despite his obvious talent.....If you are of smaller stature, you have to utilise your ability, to circumnavigate the physical element.....I am not sure he did, after his initial introduction to the team.

He started off, quite well, but maybe he thought, this league is too physical, just speculating there, but his effectiveness surely dropped off.

For us to say , that he will be better next season, with a season under his belt, like it worked for Bailey, is again speculation......Maybe the emergence of JPB, may have brought forward the opportunity to sell...

I am totally invested in Unai Emery and his think Tank...I am convinced he see's the big picture....I haven't been able to say that for such a long time. I had a hunch some surprising exits would take place, but the surprises are not always confined to all the fans.

Only time will tell, if Unai has it right....my call, says he has.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â