Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lexicon said:

We have to be pragmatic due to PSR and if an offer for Diaby makes financial sense, then we should go for it. 

This summer is seemingly all about squad building 

I think this is where the club are personally; I don't think they would entertain the idea of letting him go if finances were good.

We know we will be in the same position next year in having to lose a big player, but crucially we will be on the back foot again as we were with Doug. 

If the opportunity for a good deal comes this season we would be foolish to turn it down.

I'm gutted football has come to this, but thems the rules.

Edited by Nigel

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So excited to see him gone. The club must think all their Christmas’ have come early. Emery never really rated him. 

You don't get much enjoyment from Villa do you!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

If we sell him we're bringing in a top replacement ala Felix

They are the same age but Diaby has pretty much outperformed Felix in his entire career

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So excited to see him gone. The club must think all their Christmas’ have come early. Emery never really rated him. 

Means more starts for Buendia

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

They are the same age but Diaby has pretty much outperformed Felix in his entire career

I agree but Felix is better suited to the central role and has also played as striker. Also feels like Emery is the type of coach to get the best out of him. 

Just now, Zatman said:

Means more starts for Buendia

Buendia will struggle to make the bench tbh.

You’ll have Rogers and Bailey as the two players competing for that spot. You’ve then got Ramsey and Philogene off the left and Emery might even fancy Philogene in that role. Tielemans looked good at times there last season too.

And that’s before we go out and spend big on a replacement for Diaby. 

Buendia’s games will be limited to cup appearances and even they will probably be from the bench. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Happy to be proven wrong!

Do me a favour right. Assume everybody is fit. Also assume Diaby and Duran have left the club. Give me your matchday XI and the bench. 

2 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Diaby's best performances came in the first few months of last season and I think that was due, as much as anything, to Bailey only being used as a sub for PL games at the time. Even though Diaby has nominally been the second striker in most games, he had license to roam out to the right in those early appearances (and he wasn't stepping into a winger's space). I think the Man City and Arsenal home games were a turning point: Diaby started neither game and Bailey was instrumental in both victories. Perhaps Emery considered Leon to be peripheral up to then but those performances made him a guaranteed starter? And since then, Diaby has looked less comfortable knowing where to be with Bailey outside (as opposed to McGinn or another midfielder in the RM position). And yes, he and Leon played well together at Leverkusen, but that was usually with Diaby on the left in a front three. 

Yes, that is how I see it. First few months of last season I thought Diaby had the potential to be a second Dwight Yorke or even our version of Henry. He hit the ground running and was sensational.  It turned a bit for him around November/ December and there was speculation that he didn't like being dropped. 

Man, August to December last season were special, special times. I am already nostalgic for that period and it isn't even 12 months ago!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steero113 said:

More dogs**t. What you're saying is just fundamentally untrue. 

Do you only speak in numbers and childish personal insults ? Are you some sort of poorly programmed cyborg machine ?

I asked you to explain why you are jerking off on this guy and all you do is hurl insults and computer charts at me !!!

I give up - all opinions. You rate him, I don't rate him. Move on !  

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Do me a favour right. Assume everybody is fit. Also assume Diaby and Duran have left the club. Give me your matchday XI and the bench. 

Talking to yourself there pal.

I'll have a go, on the current squad...

XI: Martinez, Ned, Konsa, Torres, Maatsen, Onana, Kamara, McGinn, Ramsey, Bailey, Watkins

Bench: Gauci, Cash, Mings, Digne, Barkley, Tielemans, Rogers, JPB, Buendia

In the stands: Olsen, Moreno, KKH, Carlos, Sammy JR, Enzo B, Donk, Dobbin, Archer

Some things:

• I'd guess we are definitely signing one forward. Presuming they make the match day squad that bonks one more into the stands.
  • Emery seems to like two keepers on the bench. If he carries that on it bonks another player off the bench.
  • McGinn is so up against it to keep that starting place. I do think he'll start the season though.
  • Doug swap looks wild.
Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Felix is just hyped up because of that insane transfer fee.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Talking to yourself there pal.

I'll have a go, on the current squad, which will probably have another...2/3 additions.

For me, it’s:

————————Watkins—————————
—————————Rogers—————————
Ramsey—Tielemans—Kamara—McGinn
Maatsen——Torres——Carlos——Konsa
————————Martinez—————————

That leaves:
Olsen
Mings
Cash
Bailey
Barkley
Digne
Iling Junior
Barrenchea
Philogene
Buendia
Nedelkovic
New
New
New

Squad is looking good, but if you had a gun to my head, no way is Buendia making that bench if all 20 odd players are fit. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

For me, it’s:

————————Watkins—————————
—————————Rogers—————————
Ramsey—Tielemans—Kamara—McGinn
Maatsen——Torres——Carlos——Konsa
————————Martinez—————————

That leaves:
Olsen
Mings
Cash
Bailey
Barkley
Digne
Iling Junior
Barrenchea
Philogene
Buendia
Nedelkovic
New
New
New

Squad is looking good, but if you had a gun to my head, no way is Buendia making that bench if all 20 odd players are fit. 

And you've done what I keep doing and forgot Dobbin.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its like the summer 2023 Leon Bailey thread

Yeah I was wrong about Leon, but he stuck around and proved me wrong, and I've enjoyed every second of being wrong...

If this chap leaves then I'm right and he can never prove me wrong....

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â