Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, DeepDish said:

Yeah, there are no signs that Diaby want to move. He has already shown his ambitions turning down mega money from Saudi Arabia and will probably do it again, even thogh his agent probably would love a big money move.

And if he doesn't turn it down this time? It will be a sign that he found the going too tough and is now looking for an easy pay check....

If he stays and has unbelievable season, come find me and tell me how wrong I was... I won't care because a) hopefully him performing well means Aston Villa have a had a good season and b) I'm not as precious as some are that are floating about...

14 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

More dogs**t. What you're saying is just fundamentally untrue. 

So according to that Diaby was more effective than Palmer? Nah. Who would you rather have playing for us?

Edited by Tom13

7 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

And if he doesn't turn it down this time? It will be a sign that he found the going too tough and is now looking for an easy pay check....

Just as I don't speculate on whether Watkins turn down Arsenal, i see no point in speculating in some imaginary acceptance by Diaby for a bid that has not been confirmed.

Fact is that Diaby turned down the big money move and decided to play for Aston Villa. He had a decent first season (better than Bailey's first season) and I look forward to his breaktrough this season. Love that he seem so happy at our great club.

Edited by DeepDish
  • Like 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

So according to that Diaby was more effective than Palmer? Nah. Who would you rather have playing for us?

The stat was in response to an poster who claimed all Diaby does is pass "backwards and sideways" all the time. 

Palmer would be a great signing as evidenced by his link up with Watkins the other night. It's never happening though is it Tom.

I am purely responding to persistent tripe on this forum continuously painting Diaby as having had a poor season when he was actually one of our best players. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

Just as I don't speculate on whether Watkins turn down Arsenal, i see no point in speculating in some imaginary acceptance by Diaby for a bid that has not been confirmed.

Fact is that Diaby turned down the big money move and decided to play for Aston Villa. He had a decent first season (better than Bailey's first season) and I look forward to his breaktrough this season. Love that he seem so happy at our great club.

It is an internet forum, if people didn't speculate and share their opinions then this place would be pretty **** boring...

Then I would have to work even harder to keep everyone entertained and I don't have time for that 🤠

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

The stat was in response to an poster who claimed all Diaby does is pass "backwards and sideways" all the time. 

Palmer would be a great signing as evidenced by his link up with Watkins the other night. It's never happening though is it Tom.

I am purely responding to persistent tripe on this forum continuously painting Diaby as having had a poor season when he was actually one of our best players. 

Oh no, definitely couldn't get Palmer.

I remember many games feeling frustrated by Diaby though, and clearly it's more than one person that had that feeling.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

Oh no, definitely couldn't get Palmer.

I remember many games feeling frustrated by Diaby though, and clearly it's more than one person that had that feeling.

I feel that overall the feeling people are getting is exacerbated by the myth that he cost £50m. 

He didn't. 

He wasn't even our record signing. 

He's had a perfectly good start to life in English football, an above average start even you could make a case for. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I feel that overall the feeling people are getting is exacerbated by the myth that he cost £50m. 

He didn't. 

He's had a perfectly good start to life in English football, an above average start even you could make a case for. 

One thing I'm not doing is writing him off! Fully appreciate it was his first season in a new team and league 👍

For me he let himself down last year with his decision making as he could and probably should have had more goal involvements with better decisions.

Class player though and I was surprised we got him when we did. Would have to be crazy money to sell him though as 24/25 promises to be a great season for me, injuries permitting. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He didn't. 

I think maybe in your defence of him you are assuming the reasons of his detractors...

I don't care about his price tag...

I thought his form was alright towards the end of the season.

However I also saw what I saw, someone who lacks confidence and showed poor body language at times, and IF he makes the move to Saudi then yes I think that is the decision of someone who is mentally fragile.

Some people may have posted with more vitriol.

For my opinion however, it was exactly that an opinion. People getting so upset over what I have to say, well that is just feeding my ego that I am somehow important 😉 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Except he did well on every offensive metric. 

Sorry mate, but people are blinded by his £50m (lol) price tag and expecting him to be some messiah or something.

Except he was actually £35m and did well comparatively for his first season in England. The same season we made it to the CL. 

He was quite literally our 3rd best player in terms of output last season. 

No apology needed, it's a game of opinions.

I won't change what I saw because he scored more or recorded a faster speed than someone else.

If Kane scores a pen on Sunday and wins the golden boot, it won't suddenly mean he was the best striker at the Euros. He's been appalling.

If Diaby stays, I'll happily celebrate any improved performances regardless of any goals, assists or sprints.

As it is, I think him leaving might be in our best interest overall. I don't want us turning down £55m for Diaby now, only to have to sell JJ or Konsa for that next summer.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

I think maybe in your defence of him you are assuming the reasons of his detractors...

I don't care about his price tag...

I thought his girl was alright towards the end of the season.

However I also saw what I saw, someone who I lacks confidence and showed poor body language at times and IF he makes the move to Saudi then yes I think that is the decision of someone who is mentally fragile.

Some people may have posted with more vitriol.

For my opinion however, it was exactly that an opinion. People get so upset over what I have to say is just feeding my ego that I am somehow important 😉 

You crack on mate, opinions are opinions and I'm purely voicing mine in the defense of a player. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leeroy said:

I don't really think it's about loyalty. We wouldn't be selling anyone including Duran and Diaby if we had made £100m in profit the last 3 years. And they wouldn't be leaving us after finishing 4th when they both joined us when we were lower down the food chain.

It is purely for financial reasons we are doing these things, not because the players want to go. The same applies to Luiz too, even though everyone made out it was him who wanted to join Juventus. No, we did it because we need the money. 

Nah, Luiz maybe but not the rest. The player can always say no ta, ain't going there.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

You crack on mate, opinions are opinions and I'm purely voicing mine in the defense of a player. 

Excellent, I have no problems with your opinions or defense of Diaby. 

In fact the next time I am in strife with the wife, I may just call on you to represent me.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Haha 2

My biggest fear this season is that Bailey will struggle with injuries (last season was an outlier in terms of being injury free) and we don't get Buendia back to his best. That, combined with a dubious right back position, makes it very difficult to see a decent right side if we get rid of Diaby.

10 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He didn't. 

You're just making things up. I don't know, I watched 99% of our games and his form nosedived in front of my very eyes. It was clear to see. Emery clearly had a similar feeling as he stopped starting him up to the point when we ran out of players. 

I'd love him to come good, and my glass is always half full with these things, but there was a very clear and obvious set of not very impressive performances where he mostly just lost the ball and looked zero threat. 

Yes he did also get some goals and an assist or two at the time, but he also in his actual performances looked like one of our less performing players. 

At no point does his price enter my mind. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Excellent, I have no problems with your opinions or defense of Diaby. 

In fact the next time I am in strife with the wife, I may just call on you to represent me.

I won't reciprocate by calling you up in defense of me with my wife, not because you wouldn't be a stringent ally, but because she can destroy any mortal yet known to planet earth and I wouldn't wish it upon you. 

I have yet to win an argument in nearing 17 years of relationship. 

• Haha 1

How is selling a starting 11 player and replacing him with an unproven player who had 1 season of championship football a good idea.

Selling first team players does not help build a deep squad. If we don't need to sell for bullshit PSR, why should we.

4 minutes ago, Rolta said:

You're just making things up. I don't know, I watched 99% of our games and his form nosedived in front of my very eyes. It was clear to see. Emery clearly had a similar feeling as he stopped starting him up to the point when we ran out of players. 

I'd love him to come good, and my glass is always half full with these things, but there was a very clear and obvious set of not very impressive performances where he mostly just lost the ball and looked zero threat. 

Yes he did also get some goals and an assist or two at the time, but he also in his actual performances looked like one of our less performing players. 

At no point does his price enter my mind. 

I'm not making things up. All of my points have been defended with accurate stats to back each point up. 

Lots and lots of posters have used his pricetag (incorrect price tag may I add) against him, you clearly haven't spent much time in this thread. Good evening. 

Edited by Steero113

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

How is selling a starting 11 player and replacing him with an unproven player who had 1 season of championship football a good idea.

Selling first team players does not help build a deep squad. If we don't need to sell for bullshit PSR, why should we.

Huh? I think you have just written your own script and its a fictional one

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â