Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, mole86 said:

Literally everyone on this board knows that’s why we sold Luiz, because we needed the money. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t keen on going to Juve as well though.

What I suspect might have happened is that we said we aren't going to give out £150k+ contracts as we have to stay below 80% of turnover and now would be the best time for both parties to make the move.  We get the money to make us compliant and Doug gets a bumper payday and new challenge at a huge club.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Terrible waste for the player and the club if he's off to Saudi. He was flying last season but I did think about the halfway stage of the season he wasn't playing or he was getting dragged off on 60 and honestly I said it on here he didn't look arsed. He looked like he wanted to be in Leverkusen.

Now now Dave 

5 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Duran?

Think that's about wanting to play every week rather than wanting to move to another club because he's disloyal.

And I still think we have made it clear we are open to selling to other clubs for PSR reasons. 

Edited by Leeroy

6 hours ago, TRO said:

I have a feeling you will.....Diaby will go and an exciting replacement will come in.

I think when you dig deep in to the merits of these deals, a pattern emerges.....both were lightweight at times.

It's no surprise to me, that full backs have been targeted, and while Dougie was a fine player, in certain aspects, he was also not a No 6 in the traditional sense, for which he spent most time playing there, for no fault of his own, and we are well deployed in those more advanced area's, so that deal made sense to me.....Diaby for me, while technically gifted, had a question mark over his effectiveness, sure he had moments of high quality, but was those moments enough to be a constant threat....I saw him drifting in and out of games, in a frustrating fashion.

These are not bad players, far from it, but are they really a match for their reputations?.... that's very subjective.

I fancy Unai and Monchi, know exactly what they are doing, and with that looking forward to the outcome.

I think, this forthcoming season, we will be more resilient, without losing our creative, cutting edge.....I think a bit more controlled aggression, and pace, will enter the fray, and we will become harder to play against.

I am not disappointed, by the dealings at all, I think I can see, where its all going.

I'm sorry but I don't agree. It took 2 seasons before we saw the best of Bailey and to give up on a player who is technically gifted as well as very quick after one season doesn't sit good with me. There is room for smaller players. It's going to depend who we bring in as a replacement and how quickly they fit in but seen it before when you make to many changes too quickly it doesn't always work out the way you want 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

image.png.2495a1ad8fc22dab6ef66ed447578723.png

Fastest player at the club... 12th fastest in the league according to PL data. 

One year that was Trezeguet yet he was unable to go past anyone. He also hit that top speed when running back to defend (can't fault the effort). 

Diaby was actually really disappointing for a good half of the season. Stats can say what they like. 

• Like 1

One year that was Trezeguet yet he was unable to go past anyone. He also hit that top speed when running back to defend (can't fault the effort). 

Diaby was actually really disappointing for a good half of the season. Stats can say what they like. 

• Like 1

• Like 1

He's quick enough.

He still didn't have a good season.

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

He's quick enough.

He still didn't have a good season.

Except he did well on every offensive metric. 

Sorry mate, but people are blinded by his £50m (lol) price tag and expecting him to be some messiah or something.

Except he was actually £35m and did well comparatively for his first season in England. The same season we made it to the CL. 

He was quite literally our 3rd best player in terms of output last season. 

• Like 4

Bidding war?

Urgent - Musa Diaby's Agent (Mohamed Ammar):

‎The club ⁧‫#النصر‬⁩ contacted Moussa Diaby in recent days

‎There is a competition between Al-Nasr and Al-Ittihad for the player, and neither club has come up with him at this point.

Posted (edited)

Let him go... No stress

He clearly has loads of potential but we didn't see all of it...

What we did see is that he is moody and mentally fragile...

Next!

UTV 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

What we did see is that he is moody and mentally fragile...

Based on what?

Maybe he's struggled with settling into Birmingham? Maybe his wife and children have?

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

sorrywhatpardon?? we literally saw none of that. even when things weren't going for him in games he still dug in and kept going. whenever subbed off never once threw a tantrum. never saw him squabbling with other players for not passing to him etc

i'm genuinely curious to what you're basing this comment on

Wanting to move to Saudi league is all the evidence you need 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

You realise how mental that comment is don't you?

Stats without context are pointless. Is that pace running with the ball or just running full stop. He is certainly not quick on the ball and I can't recall him ever taking a player on with pace. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â