Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Terrible waste for the player and the club if he's off to Saudi. He was flying last season but I did think about the halfway stage of the season he wasn't playing or he was getting dragged off on 60 and honestly I said it on here he didn't look arsed. He looked like he wanted to be in Leverkusen.

• Confused 1

Just now, _AA_786 said:

Does the same apply to Unai when they want their national team to have a better coach?  At some point you don't take the money and you build something

Everyone has a price.

But please don't take that as me saying it's what I want or that I agree with it.

At the end of the day if Diaby wants to leave let him (as long as money good, especially from Saudis)

Unai wants trophies and titles 

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Everyone has a price.

But please don't take that as me saying it's what I want or that I agree with it.

At the end of the day if Diaby wants to leave let him (as long as money good, especially from Saudis)

Unai wants trophies and titles 

I get it mate, everyone does have a price eventually and I'm just playing devils advocate a bit. As in if we accepted £100m from Saudi for Unai, we can get Poch maybe. Are we then stronger?  I'd argue no because we're trying to build something

Re: Diaby, I just see a talented player who had a good first year and has been tweeting images of his son on the pitch taking pens, kid in kits of the other players, videos of him training for the season, and also some of him in fancy clothes. None of that screams I want to leave if we compare him to Duran for instance. He seems happy enough so I'd keep him and build on year 1

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Straight away it could mean we don't have to sell JJ to Spurs.

That's enough for the move to make sense.

Exactly this. We have to sell big this summer or next June. I'm not gonna cry if it's diaby. One of Martinez, Konsa, JJ or Watkins would be different matter altogether. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, _AA_786 said:

I get it mate, everyone does have a price eventually and I'm just playing devils advocate a bit. As in if we accepted £100m from Saudi for Unai, we can get Poch maybe. Are we then stronger?  I'd argue no because we're trying to build something

Re: Diaby, I just see a talented player who had a good first year and has been tweeting images of his son on the pitch taking pens, kid in kits of the other players, videos of him training for the season, and also some of him in fancy clothes. None of that screams I want to leave if we compare him to Duran for instance. He seems happy enough so I'd keep him and build on year 1

Totally agree, as I said its based on if he wants to leave 

I personally think he should stay but there ain't much loyalty in football.

I'm pretty sure we have Unai for the foreseeable 

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Terrible waste for the player and the club if he's off to Saudi. He was flying last season but I did think about the halfway stage of the season he wasn't playing or he was getting dragged off on 60 and honestly I said it on here he didn't look arsed. He looked like he wanted to be in Leverkusen.

He's young, and he's conservatively Muslim.

It's nowhere near the " nightmare " or career sacrifice for him an outsider would think.

He'll get a shed load of money and he's still young enough to go elsewhere if he wants after.

The very best players in Saudi still represent their national teams as well.

If it happens, it happens. You have to hope the club know what they're doing and it's for the greater good of us being stronger in the long run.

I wouldn't sell him personally unless it was for a really stupid offer which I don't think this is but then I'm not being paid the mega bucks to progress the club. 

If Philogene is his replacement then it clearly shows we are skimping for financial reasons and aren't going to be spending big money this summer. 

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I sometimes wonder how much of an effect Ramadan has on players, it was March to April this year, we had breaks in the evening matches to allow Diaby to eat for example.  It must be incredibly tough to keep up physical levels in the PL in those circumstances.

5 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Totally agree, as I said its based on if he wants to leave 

I personally think he should stay but there ain't much loyalty in football.

I'm pretty sure we have Unai for the foreseeable 

I don't really think it's about loyalty. We wouldn't be selling anyone including Duran and Diaby if we had made £100m in profit the last 3 years. And they wouldn't be leaving us after finishing 4th when they both joined us when we were lower down the food chain.

It is purely for financial reasons we are doing these things, not because the players want to go. The same applies to Luiz too, even though everyone made out it was him who wanted to join Juventus. No, we did it because we need the money. 

18 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I don't really think it's about loyalty. We wouldn't be selling anyone including Duran and Diaby if we had made £100m in profit the last 3 years. And they wouldn't be leaving us after finishing 4th when they both joined us when we were lower down the food chain.

It is purely for financial reasons we are doing these things, not because the players want to go. The same applies to Luiz too, even though everyone made out it was him who wanted to join Juventus. No, we did it because we need the money. 

Yes and no. Yes we need the money, but selling players on the fringe of the team and buying either younger players with high potential or better players is always healthy. 

We need to keep the squad fresh.

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yes and no. Yes we need the money, but selling players on the fringe of the team and buying either younger players with high potential or better players is always healthy. 

We need to keep the squad fresh.

Depends if Diaby is replaced by a better player. If he isn't, we might save money in wages or make some profit, but it will cost us in our league position. He was our one true weapon from the bench next season and I fancied him coming good and replacing Bailey in the team.  

All we can do is trust in those in charge because we can't control what they do anyway. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

The same applies to Luiz too, even though everyone made out it was him who wanted to join Juventus. No, we did it because we need the money. 

Literally everyone on this board knows that’s why we sold Luiz, because we needed the money. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t keen on going to Juve as well though.

2 minutes ago, mole86 said:

Literally everyone on this board knows that’s why we sold Luiz, because we needed the money. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t keen on going to Juve as well though.

Of course he had to be keen to go there, we can't force a player to go anywhere. But if we didn't need the money by selling him, we wouldn't have done so and he'd still be a Villa player now.

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

Of course he had to be keen to go there, we can't force a player to go anywhere. But if we didn't need the money by selling him, we wouldn't have done so and he'd still be a Villa player now.

Yes, everyone knows that

1 minute ago, mole86 said:

Yes, everyone knows that

Well clearly people don't because people on this board are still talking about loyalty. It's got nothing to do with the players themselves pushing for the moves, that ain't happening here.

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

Well clearly people don't because people on this board are still talking about loyalty. It's got nothing to do with the players themselves pushing for the moves, that ain't happening here.

Duran?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â