Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Can someone link a real news report on Diaby when there is one. It's all just vague. 

If there was substance behind it we'd see a good agency reporting. When that happens put it in here. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Can someone link a real news report on Diaby when there is one. It's all just vague. 

If there was substance behind it we'd see a good agency reporting. When that happens put it in here. 

DM Tanswell. 

• Haha 1

His overall contribution and his stats were actually decent to good for his first season here. I'm not sure what more people expected he played a big regular role to help us get 4th.

The desire to get rid of him is baffling to me. Whoever replaces him if he leaves won't be cheap.

And the pressure will be huge, as usual from a section of fans.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

His overall contribution and his stats were actually decent to good for his first season here. I'm not sure what more people expected he played a big regular role to help us get 4th.

The desire to get rid of him is baffling to me. Whoever replaces him if he leaves won't be cheap.

And the pressure will be huge, as usual from a section of fans.

Don’t think many of us actually want him to leave unless we make a good profit and it allows us to further strengthen our side.

Not usual to receive a massive offer from a Saudi club… no other club in any other country would do it. Sometimes we have to exploit opportunities…

I just don’t feel too fussed either way and can see us benefitting on both sides. Expecting the recruitment drive to heat up soon 

I'd be more disappointed by us selling Diaby to Saudi then I was losing Luiz because it just doesn't seem anywhere near as necessary as that move. We can let him build on a very good first year and if he doesn't adapt more then I'm sure we can sell next summer.

Hopefully this is all bull**** and he can be allowed to be a top performer for us this year

If we did sell this summer, it would need to be £90-100m 

Edited by _AA_786

Just now, _AA_786 said:

I'd be more disappointed by us selling Diaby to Saudi then I was losing Luiz because it just doesn't seem anywhere near as necessary as that move. We can let him build on a very good first year and if he doesn't adapt more then I'm sure we can sell next summer.

Hopefully this is all bull**** and he can be allowed to be a top performer for us this year

Even if it allows us to bring in two top players that could impact and improve the side moreso?

Or one or two new starters that make us more of a strong CL side?

As good as Diaby is, and the potential he has to improve, he wasn’t a fixture in our lineup so I can see the thinking of selling him for a big fee and profit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Luiz is a much bigger loss to us than Diaby rn. Harder and more important to replace.

Bailey’s form has reduced Moussa’s importance, but I expect much more from him next season and beyond if he stays.

Don’t think we were looking to sell anyway but when a big offer comes along, we can’t just immediately reject or ignore it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

If we did sell this summer, it would need to be £90-100m 

Perhaps we are getting our big sale done early this year to save people beating us up on price when we're desperate 

This makes no sense unless we have something if coming in. Diaby was hit and miss in season one, but so was Bailey and look at him last year… vastly improved. 

it takes time to adjust so we would either need a PL quality player already in the league or a significantly better proposition in his position which will be CL quality…

both a challenge with FFP as will be a chunk more than Diaby fee. 

Diaby out and Soule/Philogene to be backup/rotate with Bailey on the right wing is nice, and then getting in a Felix/Baena/Goncalves to play as the number 10 would be worth it 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Keyblade said:

You can't possibly believe this. He's not good enough for the PL? Just the 14 goal involvements in his first season in the league, but you're right he's basically Kenny MacLean 

Wow that is some return for the money we paid and wages we pay. He has had huge opportunity to prove himself and simply hasn't. Persevering with him in hope is simply holding us back ..... we can't afford passengers where we are heading.

3 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Wow that is some return for the money we paid and wages we pay. He has had huge opportunity to prove himself and simply hasn't. Persevering with him in hope is simply holding us back ..... we can't afford passengers where we are heading.

Not justifying his fee and not being good enough for this league are 2 different things

5 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Foot mercato, do they count?

I went and read the article - they don’t add anything new - just that there’s a report of interest. So I wouldn’t count that. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I have a feeling you will.....Diaby will go and an exciting replacement will come in.

I think when you dig deep in to the merits of these deals, a pattern emerges.....both were lightweight at times.

It's no surprise to me, that full backs have been targeted, and while Dougie was a fine player, in certain aspects, he was also not a No 6 in the traditional sense, for which he spent most time playing there, for no fault of his own, and we are well deployed in those more advanced area's, so that deal made sense to me.....Diaby for me, while technically gifted, had a question mark over his effectiveness, sure he had moments of high quality, but was those moments enough to be a constant threat....I saw him drifting in and out of games, in a frustrating fashion.

These are not bad players, far from it, but are they really a match for their reputations?.... that's very subjective.

I fancy Unai and Monchi, know exactly what they are doing, and with that looking forward to the outcome.

I think, this forthcoming season, we will be more resilient, without losing our creative, cutting edge.....I think a bit more controlled aggression, and pace, will enter the fray, and we will become harder to play against.

I am not disappointed, by the dealings at all, I think I can see, where its all going.

Great post nail on the head. I thought Diaby was mostly inafective last season with many on here criticising him. Now those don't want him sold.

If the offer is right move him on and replace or spend the money elsewhere.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, striker said:

I thought Diaby was mostly inafective last season with many on here criticising him.

Post after post not two or three pages ago explaining how this is total rubbish (in addition to that not actually being a word in the English language). He was effective, was one of our best passers and ball retainers and was third top in terms of contributions of goals and assists. 

More unrelenting nonsense from you as per. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I went and read the article - they don’t add anything new - just that there’s a report of interest. So I wouldn’t count that. 

This guy?

Sell Diaby, sell Duran.

Buy a genuine second striker that can fill in for Watkins if ever needed. 

With Philogene seemingly on his way back, we don't need Diaby as a backup to Bailey.

We can also get a more suited second striker that can also act as a replacement for Watkins. 

Saves us a space in the champions league sqaud too.

I can see the above logic if we're getting 60-70m for Diaby. If not, then better off keeping him as I think we'll see him push on from a not bad first season. Not sure what his ceiling is but feel like the PL will make it harder for him to hit it. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Not justifying his fee and not being good enough for this league are 2 different things

Not in the context of discussing his sale and financial worth to the club.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â