Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

11 minutes ago, ender4 said:

60 million Euros is the number being quoted around the media.

but "the media" is that one guy from twitter and other places quoting him. 

So we've no actual links from reputable sources, not a sniff.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Jacob Tanswell confirmed the interest but no figures.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Jacob Tanswell from The Athletic said there was interest, he’s trustworthy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I don't like it. We have already part exchanged a proven top class midfielder for two unproven players now we are doing the same with Diaby. We're expecting Emery to turn to silver into gold.  Or bronze into Gold. 

I have a feeling you will.....Diaby will go and an exciting replacement will come in.

I think when you dig deep in to the merits of these deals, a pattern emerges.....both were lightweight at times.

It's no surprise to me, that full backs have been targeted, and while Dougie was a fine player, in certain aspects, he was also not a No 6 in the traditional sense, for which he spent most time playing there, for no fault of his own, and we are well deployed in those more advanced area's, so that deal made sense to me.....Diaby for me, while technically gifted, had a question mark over his effectiveness, sure he had moments of high quality, but was those moments enough to be a constant threat....I saw him drifting in and out of games, in a frustrating fashion.

These are not bad players, far from it, but are they really a match for their reputations?.... that's very subjective.

I fancy Unai and Monchi, know exactly what they are doing, and with that looking forward to the outcome.

I think, this forthcoming season, we will be more resilient, without losing our creative, cutting edge.....I think a bit more controlled aggression, and pace, will enter the fray, and we will become harder to play against.

I am not disappointed, by the dealings at all, I think I can see, where its all going.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

What’s Jacob Tanswell confirmed? Anyone know? 

On Dan Bardell’s podcast, Tanswell confirmed that there is Saudi interest in Diaby 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, villan95 said:

It's a tough one. For a first season his numbers were good but his performances generally left a lot to be desired after the first 10 games or so. Would his performances improve the more he settles ala Bailey? Possibly but no guarantee.

On balance if we could turn a decent profit I'd probably sell.

I would be happy, to just break even.....I don't think his latter performances, was justifying his transfer fee, but that's just my take.

I don't think his style lends itself to a robust and competitive league, like the Premier....all too often for me he was physically negated, and while he has undoubted technical ability, it didn't help him in navigating the more robust challenges and attention... just too easily negated.

I thought at times, Ollie was have to do all the ugly mundane work, up front,  with little help....I know Diaby wasn't bought for that, but his skill set, didn't negate it enough either.

I still back Unai's judgment....that's if this deal is bonafide.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would be happy, to just break even.....I don't think his latter performances, was justifying his transfer fee, but that's just my take.

I don't think his style lends itself to a robust and competitive league, like the Premier....all too often for me he was physically negated, and while he has undoubted technical ability, it didn't help him in navigating the more robust challenges and attention.

I thought at times, Ollie was have to do all the ugly work, up front,  with little help....I know Diaby wasn't bought for that, but his skill set, didn't negate it enough either.

I still back Unai's judgment.

Yeah this is my worry, too many times he was easily nullified and I'm not sure it's something that's going to change with his slight build.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

What’s Jacob Tanswell confirmed? Anyone know? 

Said there's interest, then they both said n their opinion if a big offer comes Villa will accept if they have a replacement lined up like Felix etc..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

On Dan Bardell’s podcast, Tanswell confirmed that there is Saudi interest in Diaby 

What does VillaReport have to say about this?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

Yeah this is my worry, too many times he was easily nullified and I'm not sure it's something that's going to change with his slight build.

I often get vilified on here for daring to mention stature, but its an unavoidable element of the game, more so now than ever.

With the laxing of the view from officials of playing the man, as opposed to the ball, and the random, acceptance of it....it's no wonder, more physically capable players emerge.

There will always be a Messi type, a will o' the wisp, who simply whizzes around these big fella's......but they are rare, and in some cases simply have misplaced reputations for doing it.

I see players who have huge reputations for pace, and simply employ it on an adhoc basis...such is partly by the sophistication of defenders and tactics.

I don't know if the reports have any legs or just rumours, but I trust Unai to manage it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

What does VillaReport have to say about this?

Don’t worry, Total_Villa will re-post days later and pass it off as new 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I often get vilified on here for daring to mention stature, but its an unavoidable element of the game, more so now than ever.

With the laxing of the view from officials of playing the man, as opposed to the ball, and the random, acceptance of it....it's no wonder, more physically capable players emerge.

There will always be a Messi type, a will o' the wisp, who simply whizzes around these big fella's......but they are rare, and in some cases simply have misplaced reputations for doing it.

I see players who have huge reputations for pace, and simply employ it on an adhoc basis...such is partly by the sophistication of defenders and tactics.

I don't know if the reports have any legs or just rumours, but I trust Unai to manage it.

I do think with Diaby it's partly our fault for not playing to his strengths. He is a winger/wide forward that should be running in behind. However we are often using him as that second striker and it's a role where you need to be able to protect the ball and win 50/50s. I am of the opinion that we could find someone more suited to that role. Rogers would be good at it I feel.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â