Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

So if someone is hindering our ability to keep possession and panicking on the ball frequently, yet nabbing an assist or a key pass on one of many counter opportunities (because we're having to counter as we can't keep the ball) you see that as a positive contribution overall?

Did we win those games?

26 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I think that's maybe why we're interested in Philogene... he won't expect to start most games, but will still get a lot of game time, adds a club trained player for the CL squad, and we're still got the option of using McGinn over there for tactical changes. Plus we'll bank a healthy financial profit on the 2 deals.

Swapping Diaby for Philogene does make sense from that perspective. It's a shame, but that is modern football 

I don't like it. We have already part exchanged a proven top class midfielder for two unproven players now we are doing the same with Diaby. We're expecting Emery to turn to silver into gold.  Or bronze into Gold. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don't like it. We have already part exchanged a proven top class midfielder for two unproven players now we are doing the same with Diaby. We're expecting Emery to turn to silver into gold.  Or bronze into Gold. 

Philogene hasn’t signed yet though. He’s played Moussa largely as a second striker. Unai has a clear vision of his squad and can accommodate them both. They aren’t replacements. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, macandally said:

You can buy gold for £75m if you are Unai & Monchi

True if we reinvest the money we get. Thought Emery said it wouid be a quiet window. This is the most active window since Sherwood. Hope the outcome  is a lot better 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

True if we reinvest the money we get. Thought Emery said it wouid be a quiet window. This is the most active window since Sherwood. Hope the outcome  is a lot better 

It’s also possible but I’m sure they had planned for it a club making a huge offer. It changes the plans in the sense. Not hugely, but Unai and Monchi have different chats now. They anticipate the possibility sure, but we shall see. I’ve never felt so confident in if a big sale occurs who they magic up for us. 

2 hours ago, Adbo9 said:

if we land 60-70m for Diaby, id see if we can drop that onto Alvares at Man City to play the 2nd striker role behind Watkins.......... 

There is absolutely no chance Man City sell a 24-year-old player who started 30+ games in the PL, played 50+ in total, scored 19 goals and got 13 assists last season. 

They’ll sell Haaland before they sell Alvarez - neither will be to Villa and neither will be this summer. 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Would Mous and Benzema played together? Maybe with France a little, but would be strange one to go for.

It sounds like they are mates, nothing tactical I don't think 🤣

49 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Supposedly they are willing to pay 75million, for that I’d sell and use that ££ to bring others in 

Where has that number been quoted, cant seem to find it

12 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Where has that number been quoted, cant seem to find it

60 million Euros is the number being quoted around the media.

• Like 1

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Euros or pounds? 

We think Euros. Hopefully not Saudi riyals!   and no-one in the public domain knows the real number at this stage anyway.

• Like 1

Personally, I am not opposed to this.

I just think Unai has a slightly different vision of what we should look like, going in to this new campaign.

I am getting more excited, not less.

I had a feeling, some players, would go, who are surprises to some. I think our profile is morphing, in to something really exciting.

Unai is no fool, he knows despite a great finish, some of our games, went away from us....That will not go unnoticed or glossed over, He will know, with the personnel we had some of it was inevitable, and while injuries was the main antagonist, other observations were made.

I fancy Unai learnt a lot from last season, and while he was ecstatic with the outcome, will be plotting enhancement in his mind.

I saw area's of necessary improvement, I suspect he seen a lot more than me.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Saudis always get what they want, eventually. I trust Monchi will rinse the bastards.  

In that sort of subtle Monchi way.

We are beginning to see a very capable operator.

• Like 1

It's a tough one. For a first season his numbers were good but his performances generally left a lot to be desired after the first 10 games or so. Would his performances improve the more he settles ala Bailey? Possibly but no guarantee.

On balance if we could turn a decent profit I'd probably sell.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â