Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

I'm not against selling him for the right price tbh but we absolutely must have a same profile replacement lined up. 

I mean would Pedro Gonclaves or someone like that be an improvement or not? That's the question. 

32 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Diaby pass completion (all passes) of 79%. 23/24 season overall.

Bailey 72%

Rogers 75% (far less games)

McGinn 79%

Watkins 75%

Duran 68% (far less games) 

Ramsey 79% (far less games)

So he's joint top on pass completion with our attackers as well. 

So he gives the ball away less (dispossession stats), passes with at least as much accuracy as all our other attackers and contributed 19 goals and assists in his first season

Which metric, exactly, is it that has underwhelmed so many on here? The eye test? Because it seems that people need their eyes testing in that case. 

This isn't a go at you directly, just sick and tired of the guy being labelled as 'average', 'poor' and 'disappointing' when he's just not been anything of the sort. 

Surprising, because to my eyes at least he was often very panicky in possession and would rarely bring control in the final third. But like you say he's not that type of player.

• Like 1

if we land 60-70m for Diaby, id see if we can drop that onto Alvares at Man City to play the 2nd striker role behind Watkins.......... 

• Like 1

I’m a bit torn on this one if it happens. My young son loves him and I bought the away and third shirt last season with Diaby’s name on them for him.  He’ll be gutted if he goes.

However, if we bank 100m in the next week or so from his and Duran’s sale, I’d be more than ok with it.  Then let Monchi, Emery and the team have some fun.

5 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

if we land 60-70m for Diaby, id see if we can drop that onto Alvares at Man City to play the 2nd striker role behind Watkins.......... 

Alvares, Olmo, Eze, Felix there are a few options if we wanted to go in a different direction. Depends if this is being done for sporting or financial reasons though. Never can be quite sure at the moment. 

Edited by villaglint

Genuinely think the only issue with diaby is confidence. His stats are fine, but we were expecting a bums off seats player ghosting past opposition. Last half of the season he rarely ever attempted to take on the defender, preferring the lay off early. That of course will also boost his passing stats though! 
He has the pace and skills in his locker. A flying diaby would be a real asset 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

Genuinely think the only issue with diaby is confidence. His stats are fine, but we were expecting a bums off seats player ghosting past opposition. Last half of the season he rarely ever attempted to take on the defender, preferring the lay off early. That of course will also boost his passing stats though! 
He has the pace and skills in his locker. A flying diaby would be a real asset 

This I think is the main point.

I think nearly everyone will agree that Diaby was not quite as great as expected last season and that is mainly due to what looked like a like of confidence. He still played well.

That's why I think the Bailey comparison are abit wrong. He didn't look particularly good his first season(s) and he really turned it around. Diaby you can see now is a good player.

It's not hard to predict Diaby improving while it would have been with Bailey.

We must remember both were good at Leverkusen but Diaby was the better player there. With confidence he has the chance to be as good if not better than Bailey.

I’m not going to argue whether selling Diaby is right or wrong, but I think it’s a growing pain of where we are as a club. If we can bank healthy profit on him, I think we will.

Apparently, Benzema has been given the keys to the kingdom at Al Ittihad; Blanc as manager the first domino, now Auoar, Diaby to follow wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest (per the Sam C tweet earlier in the thread) 

52 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

I’m against selling Moussa. However, I am absolutely confident in who’d they bring in

20 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

I’m not going to argue whether selling Diaby is right or wrong, but I think it’s a growing pain of where we are as a club. If we can bank healthy profit on him, I think we will.

Apparently, Benzema has been given the keys to the kingdom at Al Ittihad; Blanc as manager the first domino, now Auoar, Diaby to follow wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest (per the Sam C tweet earlier in the thread) 

This tells me Benzema has now got sex tapes of everyone at Al Ittihad.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Would Mous and Benzema played together? Maybe with France a little, but would be strange one to go for.

Ultimately, we have got a lot of attacking "wide 10s" and someone will probably have to go to make it all fit;

Bailey

Diaby

McGinn

Buendia

Rodgers

Ramsey

Illing Jr

Will all occupy 2/3 positions, and that is a lot of depth, especially if we're possibly adding Philogene into that. All of the above are going to expect to play, but the reality is that a couple of them won't even make the bench most games. Diaby out is probably the easiest solution if we're adding a touch more versatility in Philogene.

It's a shame, because he's a huge talent. £60m is a huge boost to us being comfortably able to sign players in areas we really need

2 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Ultimately, we have got a lot of attacking "wide 10s" and someone will probably have to go to make it all fit;

Bailey

Diaby

McGinn

Buendia

Rodgers

Ramsey

Illing Jr

Will all occupy 2/3 positions, and that is a lot of depth, especially if we're possibly adding Philogene into that. All of the above are going to expect to play, but the reality is that a couple of them won't even make the bench most games. Diaby out is probably the easiest solution if we're adding a touch more versatility in Philogene.

It's a shame, because he's a huge talent. £60m is a huge boost to us being comfortably able to sign players in areas we really need

How many pf those are left footed though and can play on the right. Some are unproven. If Bailey gets injured who replaceses him Mcginn who is hardly like for like. I believe there's so much room for improvent in Diaby. He could be a massive player for us next season and no way shouid we sell him to balance the books.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

How many pf those are left footed though and can play on the right. Some are unproven. If Bailey gets injured who replaceses him Mcginn who is hardly like for like. I believe there's so much room for improvent in Diaby. He could be a massive player for us next season and no way shouid we sell him to balance the books.

I think that's maybe why we're interested in Philogene... he won't expect to start most games, but will still get a lot of game time, adds a club trained player for the CL squad, and we're still got the option of using McGinn over there for tactical changes. Plus we'll bank a healthy financial profit on the 2 deals.

Swapping Diaby for Philogene does make sense from that perspective. It's a shame, but that is modern football 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Supposedly they are willing to pay 75million, for that I’d sell and use that ££ to bring others in 

i'd be gutted to see him go but that's a huge fee. we could sign 2 quality players for that

7 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Supposedly they are willing to pay 75million, for that I’d sell and use that ££ to bring others in 

£75m would be fair. We could really bring in some talent to replace him. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â