Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Because he has better stats than bailey did 1st season.  Diaby has potential to exceed bailey

AEG had better stats than baileys 1st season

shall we re sign him?  

36 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Loan Dobbin and Sousa out. Sell Hause, Kessler Hayden, Chambers, Carlos, Moreno or Digne, Olsen, Dendoncker. 

Who’s buying Olsen, who’s buying Dendonker, who’s buying Carlos, who’s buying Digne? Who’s buying Hause.

we also just extended KKH contract.

its a buyers market… we have no buyers for our cast offs 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

42 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Loan Dobbin and Sousa out. Sell Hause, Kessler Hayden, Chambers, Carlos, Moreno or Digne, Olsen, Dendoncker. 

Yeah dead easy. In fifa. In real life? No.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He played better than bailey did his first season. The stats prove that

Christ, I know. Bailey was dog.

My thoughts on this is I wouldn’t sell Diaby to replace him with Felix. Diaby is better. Felix should never have cost what he did and he is in reality a decent player that no one should be paying more than £20-30m for. 

But I don’t think Diaby is worth anywhere near £50-60m. He’s shown glimpses of what he can do but you can’t turn down £50-60m for those glimpses. He’s replaceable but I suppose the question is who do we replace him with. I’m sure we’d have a plan.

And by all accounts I wouldn’t expect we have been looking to sell him. If he wants to move to Saudi then that’s his own choice. 

• Like 2

Weird one this. He started the season well but has never seemed to find a position that suits him. He isn't a Bailey type and he hasn't slotted into the SS role very well. He does seem to struggle with the physicality of the PL. I can certainly see him struggle for minutes as he would not be a starter next season - i think Emery likes a player like Bailey/Philogene/Williams/even Illing-Jnr in that wide spot.

• Like 1

I can see us accepting a bid of 60m, maybe even 50 and it’s difficult to turn that down and not invest in the team. 
On the other hand he’s only had one season and he did pretty well overall if you look at the numbers. He’ll more than likely improve as well after having adjusted. A sort of weird one where I’d be happy with both outcomes if we get a good amount for him.

4 hours ago, Leeroy said:

It leaves us having to replace one key player, one player who made 50 appearances last season, and another player who is our only backup striker to Ollie.

We still haven’t replaced Luiz btw. Selling Diaby before we have sourced a proper replacement for Luiz and then still needing to replace Diaby and without a key man in Kamara would make us going into next season woefully underprepared.

It’s very annoying. What we need is a magic money tree 🌲 

(Although I know the PSR rules get replaced in a year, not that I think it will get easier but it’ll be calculated differently)

Perhaps he hasn't settled and would like to leave. He comes across as a really lovely, sweet bloke but maybe Villa is just not his cup of tea. We just don't know what - if anything at all - is going on yet.

Either way I don't think we saw the best of him last season but we saw glimpses of what he could be. I don't think we really played to his strengths until the last 5-6 games and by that time his confidence in front of goal was pretty shaky. 

Either way I think we now have the drawing power to take the profits we might get from selling him and spin them into gold and keep building to Emery's vision. 

8 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Who’s buying Olsen, who’s buying Dendonker, who’s buying Carlos, who’s buying Digne? Who’s buying Hause.

we also just extended KKH contract.

its a buyers market… we have no buyers for our cast offs 

Ok but you see the issue here - we can't offload our castoffs so are offloading players who could make a real difference. Selling Diaby is nuts given his potential. And we will still have the same problem of having all that deadwood on our books and a bloated squad like you say so selling him doesn't actually solve anything squad wise.

From a profit perspective selling Diaby makes little sense either unless we're getting really big money for him. 60m Euros which is about £50m is nothing. We paid £34.6m for him but I think the add ons have hit at least £40m now so his book value is around £32m. £18m profit does very little for us. Selling Cash and a homegrown player make much more sense than selling Diaby tbh, especially as he could be worth so much more this time next summer. 

50 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Yeah, I'd sell. 

If someone else has to go so we can bring players in, I'd rather it was this guy than JJ. 

Diaby did more than JJ last season in getting us top 4, fact.

• Like 1

Well yeah, cos he didn't miss most of it injured. 

But longterm, JJ is more important to this club than Diaby. 

And an inform JJ is a better player than an inform Diaby. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â