Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

But that's not how transfer rumours work though. Hence why so many are just rumours. It means literally nothing most of the time.

Yes the source is not very credible so hopefully it’s just a load of cobblers.

Ill be seriously upset and annoyed if diabs is sold. He had a better 1st season than bailey did so why would we sell? He would get much better this year i think.

• Like 1

Just now, Leeroy said:

I just think all these stellar names are getting thrown around like Olmo and Felix and by the sounds of it, if @Czarnikjak’s maths is correct, we are skint in PSR terms and aren’t going to be making any big signings this summer. If everything was hunky dory with our finances players like Diaby wouldn’t be getting linked with moves away because he’s exactly the type of player we will need in our first Champions League campaign given he’s one of the few players we have that has played in the competition.

Not panicking, just underwhelmed and frustrated with things as they stand and I hope they get better in the next few weeks.

I get it if you’re talking about where we stand right now, but the emotion or feeling of the majority of your posts (since the window opened really) do come across as negative and defeatist - whether or not that is your intention. Almost like you’re expecting failure or regression…

Important/valued players aren’t really up for sale, not now anyway, Diaby isn’t being offered around. We don’t even know if this link is legit or real but if it is, and the move happens, it means the offer was too good to turn down, Moussa wants to go and that we have a plan to further strengthen the side. It might not even happen, he stays and kicks on.

For a decent player to leave, an attractive offer has to be made and then we reinvest accordingly.

We don’t know the state of our finances, we’ve got to trust in the club and see how things turn out - only then can we make any sort of reasonable judgement. We are wheeling and dealing, we have solutions in mind.

We qualified for CL, a massive achievement. Unai has signed a long term contract - why would he do that if we can’t keep progressing and improving? And everything he has said since has only been positive and ambitious. 

So much to be positive and excited about. If the club asked the fans for patience, they would be well within their rights to do so.

Don’t forget, Unai is still mostly coaching players that he has inherited and has over achieved in the job so far. I think Monchi is trying to give him a squad that he can truly see as “his own” or “in his own image” that can genuinely and consistently be competing in the league and CL. That takes time but we are working on it, seem to be the most active club in the window…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Seems to be gathering pace. Excellent. Get him gone and go and get Felix with the money. 

Diaby is better than Felix. Guy is a confidence luxury player who's had all his flair and confidence browbeaten out of him by Simeone

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Diaby is better than Felix. Guy is a confidence luxury player who's had all his flair and confidence browbeaten out of him by Simeone

Not disagreeing with you, but Diaby looked like a broken man confidence wise for much of Q1 & 2 2024.  

20 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Yes but Diaby shouldn’t be one of the players sold to make room for others. 

Then who should be then? We are 5 players over the limit, already, 7 if you include dobbin and Kosta

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I get it if you’re talking about where we stand right now, but the emotion or feeling of the majority of your posts (since the window opened really) do come across as negative and defeatist - whether or not that is your intention. Almost like you’re expecting failure or regression…

Important/valued players aren’t really up for sale, not now anyway, Diaby isn’t being offered around. We don’t even know if this link is legit or real but if it is, and the move happens, it means the offer was too good to turn down, Moussa wants to go and that we have a plan to further strengthen the side. It might not even happen, he stays and kicks on.

For a decent player to leave, an attractive offer has to be made and then we reinvest accordingly.

We don’t know the state of our finances, we’ve got to trust in the club and see how things turn out - only then can we make any sort of reasonable judgement. We are wheeling and dealing, we have solutions in mind.

We qualified for CL, a massive achievement. Unai has signed a long term contract - why would he do that if we can’t keep progressing and improving? And everything he has said since has only been positive and ambitious. 

So much to be positive and excited about. If the club asked the fans for patience, they would be well within their rights to do so.

Don’t forget, Unai is still mostly coaching players that he has inherited and has over achieved in the job so far. I think Monchi is trying to give him a squad that he can truly see as “his own” or “in his own image” that can genuinely and consistently be competing in the league and CL. That takes time but we are working on it, seem to be the most active club in the window…

I’m just a brutally honest person is all. I don’t like to see players like Luiz and Diaby sold with seemingly no strong replacement lined up (or players not as good like Barkley and Philogene being the replacements). I know you were upset about losing Luiz too.

I’m not being negative for the sake of it, I just think this has been a frustrating window so far and we needed to do more up to now. But as you say there’s still a few weeks for things to change….

Edited by Leeroy
  • Like 2

There ia absolutely no way i would trade diaby for felix. None whatsoever.

Keep diaby at all costs. We will regret it selling him. That would be a big error.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

There ia absolutely no way i would trade diaby for felix. None whatsoever.

Keep diaby at all costs. We will regret it selling him. That would be a big error.

Why?

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Then who should be then? We are 5 players over the limit, already, 7 if you include dobbin and Kosta

Loan Dobbin and Sousa out. Sell Hause, Kessler Hayden, Chambers, Carlos, Moreno or Digne, Olsen, Dendoncker. 

Clearing out players to free up cash is all well and good. My mantra all last season, especially when the goong got tough, was that football isn't played on paper. It is played on grass with real players and plenty of other variables! That remains my mantra.

New signings may well take us to the next step but there are no guarantees. What we do know? The players being sold (or rumoured to be sold) took us to 4th, our best finish since 1996.

I am old enough to remember when we thought Curcic and Collymore were the players to take us to the next step from 4th. They flopped. Sometimes signings don't work out. Sometimes they don't settle at a new club. What I am trying to say is: I would like us to build with Diaby and to minimise further disruption.

I fully trust Emery and Monchi. I believe in them. But it would be naiive for us to ignore the risk involved in going down the route of trading out players who were part of the squad that finished 4th last season.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 2

Diaby has the makings of a good player but if we can get 50m+ then it's a good deal for us, he's not got the strength for the PL. Rogers has showed more and what did he cost? 

Trust in Emery and co, in a years time the squad will be stronger. It will take the new players time to bed in, and some negative performances but we are growing and we need money to make  that happen. Selling dead wood ain't gonna work.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Awol said:

Not disagreeing with you, but Diaby looked like a broken man confidence wise for much of Q1 & 2 2024.  

Which is fine, we saw how he can play when confident in 2023. Most of it is down to adjusting to the new league once teams started to figure him out. Just like Bailey before him, his feet just aren't in sync with his brain, things he tries that used to work no longer do etc. He'll get that back soon enough I'm pretty confident of that.

Felix is coming up on multiple years, teams (including national now) and leagues worth of dwindling confidence. He'll take a lot more work to get back to previous levels, that are fast approaching mythical at this point. Don't think it's worth abandoning the Diaby project which is already in year 2 for a more difficult and expensive one.

£60m and he's gone.

I'd be tempted by £50m as well if it's there on the table; that's still about £15-18m in the right direction on our books.

We need our top earners to contribute. If we can get someone on a third of the money to do what Diaby does, it's a no-brainer.

I expect him to be better this season. What if he's not? That's the game.

Best scenario is he stays and plays like he did for the first 4/5 games last season. That was a player.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Because he has better stats than bailey did 1st season.

Yeah, but how did he play? Well?

Edited by Tomaszk

Are we talking about selling Diaby to get Felix? No thanks.

Diaby showed glimpses of the player he can be and he looked really good during that time. He fell off a bit, but it was his first season in a new league. Remember Bailey. Honestly think that Diaby looks to have a higher ceiling. He is technical, fast and has an eye for a goal. I think he will surprise a lot of people this season.

As for Felix, more of a gamble imo but could be good. He obviously has a lot of talent but also suffers from a lack of confidence.

I would rather we bet on a horse in our stables than a wild one.

18 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I’m just a brutally honest person is all. I don’t like to see players like Luiz and Diaby sold with seemingly no strong replacement lined up (or players not as good like Barkley and Philogene being the replacements). I know you were upset about losing Luiz too.

I’m not being negative for the sake of it, I just think this has been a frustrating window so far and we needed to do more up to now. But as you say there’s still a few weeks for things to change….

That’s fair enough mate, you might just help yourself a bit by pointing out that you’re commenting on the present rather than how things will go/be…

”Seemingly” is the operative word there… I don’t think we have any replacements yet either, they are on the way imo.

I can’t imagine we are going to go into next season any weaker, well be stronger if anything… and I don’t think Unai would allow it.

He has thoroughly assessed the players at his disposal and identified our strengths and weaknesses… I expect them to be addressed and for us to be in a strong position once we get going again.

I can recall him talking about “gathering data” from games and losses in particular… he will have recognised how and where we can improve and instructed Monchi accordingly. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â