Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Also our loanees (Lenglet and Zaniolo) are replaced in the squad by Mings and Buendia who have been out with ACLs for a year. If they have a relapse or not ready by start of the season that makes us even more ****ed.

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Keeps getting overlooked or ignored everywhere, people post them on X/Twitter too but it’s always 50m that’s constantly stated for him, by almost anyone who brings the deal up.

What usually happens with deals is the selling club claim they got a lot, say 50m, while the buying club say it was only 35m. Various numbers in different publications (even accounting for obvious things like including/excluding add-ons and mixing euros and pounds). Fans choose the figures they like.

10 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

It leaves us having to replace one key player, one player who made 50 appearances last season, and another player who is our only backup striker to Ollie.

We still haven’t replaced Luiz btw. Selling Diaby before we have sourced a proper replacement for Luiz and then still needing to replace Diaby and without a key man in Kamara would make us going into next season woefully underprepared.

I know, and to think the season starts on Saturday?…

1 hour ago, srsmithusa said:

i may be pedantic here, but i don't think looking at "losing" them is the right perspective.  I think we are making smart decisions that reflect both the business / finance needs of the club and the footballing.  Dougie and Moussa have real talent, but Doug is not speedy quick and Emory would  (i think) more speed and covering more ground in that double pivot role.  Mousa has speed to burn, but just hasn't clicked in that withdrawn striker of the right shoulder, especially if the opponent play deep and park the bus.  Another style there  (morgan or Emi B ) will do better. 

I get very emotionally attached to Villa players.  But it's off season and more important to think about improving the club on the field and on the balance sheet and I can see that both of these moves are smart in those respects.  Especially in the off season and trades, emotion needs to come out of the decisions.  Long term building and financial stability become the priorities.

Agree with a lot of this. I think we're sacrificing the short term strength of the first XI for big gains in terms of squad depth and players with potential. 

We might not see the dividends til the back end of this coming season but we don't want to be in a position where we have to name more than one keeper on the bench, plus a load of players Emery doesn't trust. 

7 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

It leaves us having to replace one key player, one player who made 50 appearances last season, and another player who is our only backup striker to Ollie.

We still haven’t replaced Luiz btw. Selling Diaby before we have sourced a proper replacement for Luiz and then still needing to replace Diaby and without a key man in Kamara would make us going into next season woefully underprepared.

Some argue that Luiz was already replaced by Barkley. Diaby is still only a rumour and might not happen, but some already say that Philogen is his replacement in the squad. That would leave replacing only Duran when he leaves.

The above is all speculation, the only point I was making was,that I would rather see Diaby leave than other high value player like Konsa or Martinez, which I think are much more important to us than Diaby.

7 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Also our loanees (Lenglet and Zaniolo) are replaced in the squad by Mings and Buendia who have been out with ACLs for a year. If they have a relapse or not ready by start of the season that makes us even more ****ed.

Understand the points you have been making but it’s far too early to be having genuine concerns or worrying, need to be patient and calm and see what happens - can’t imagine how busy Monchi and co are and will continue to be.

We cannot properly/fully assess our activity/business and team/squad strength until we are actually done and the window has closed. This is not the time to be negative or defeatist, that could all be eliminated by one big signing…

Have faith, reflect on our achievements last season when it wavers…

Even if Diaby was to leave, we would actually be stronger in the attacking positions than we were when he signed, Bailey has become a much better player, Rogers has since joined the club and has transcended his 'project player' moniker to become a very important first team player in his own right, Buendia and Ramsey are returning from injuries, and we have much more strenght in depth with Iling-Junior signing and possible Philogene return, also I think there's a chance Duran replacement could be someone who can also play Diaby role more or less. But I think him leaving will only happen if it's something the player himself wants, I doubt we will be looking to sell him otherwise.

• Like 1

I’m not that bothered based on how he played last season and it’s good money.

I am bothered when I think it was his first season in the league and he did well enough to think he could kick on. We could sign someone to replace who then also has an up and down season as their first.

Money too good to turn down I assume.

• Like 1

It was a mixed season for Diaby, a lot of glimpses of a quality player but also a lot of very underwhelming spells. I think he could improve this season but if €60m hard cash is on the table then cashing out is probably the lesser gamble, there’s no guarantee that he will develop the consistency into his game that’s required at this level. It’s a gamble either way but €60m could hopefully be easily reinvested into the squad at a similar quality of player (or better) with a bit of cash leftover 

25 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Wouldn't exactly call the source for this reliable

Wrong thread mate, and looks like the biggest load of BS so far this window 😆

Very much, a terrible “source”.

29 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

But for this to be true we’d have to go into the next season woefully underprepared. What is it about Emery’s tenure so far that indicates to you this is a likely scenario? 

• Like 1

Our front three next year is currently Watkins, Bailey and either Ramsey/rogers off the left so getting an offer of €60m for Diaby has to seriously considered. Also we know we have to sell someone for big money for next year PSR so this might be avenue to get that box ticked already with loads of time to reinvest. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Understand the points you have been making but it’s far too early to be having genuine concerns or worrying, need to be patient and calm and see what happens - can’t imagine how busy Monchi and co are and will continue to be.

We cannot properly/fully assess our activity/business and team/squad strength until we are actually done and the window has closed. This is not the time to be negative or defeatist, that could all be eliminated by one big signing…

Have faith, reflect on our achievements last season when it wavers…

I just think all these stellar names are getting thrown around like Olmo and Felix and by the sounds of it, if @Czarnikjak’s maths is correct, we are skint in PSR terms and aren’t going to be making any big signings this summer. If everything was hunky dory with our finances players like Diaby wouldn’t be getting linked with moves away because he’s exactly the type of player we will need in our first Champions League campaign given he’s one of the few players we have that has played in the competition.

Not panicking, just underwhelmed and frustrated with things as they stand and I hope they get better in the next few weeks.

Just now, Leeroy said:

If everything was hunky dory with our finances players like Diaby wouldn’t be getting linked with moves away because he’s exactly the type of player we will need in our first Champions League campaign given he’s one of the few players we have that has played in the competition.

But that's not how transfer rumours work though. Hence why so many are just rumours. It means literally nothing most of the time.

Just now, Leeroy said:

I just think all these stellar names are getting thrown around like Olmo and Felix and by the sounds of it, if @Czarnikjak’s maths is correct, we are skint in PSR terms and aren’t going to be making any big signings this summer. If everything was hunky dory with our finances players like Diaby wouldn’t be getting linked with moves away because he’s exactly the type of player we will need in our first Champions League campaign given he’s one of the few players we have that has played in the competition.

Not panicking, just underwhelmed and frustrated with things as they stand and I hope they get better in the next few weeks.

It’s not just about being “skint” our squad is full… we need to makes sales to make room for new players too

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

But for this to be true we’d have to go into the next season woefully underprepared. What is it about Emery’s tenure so far that indicates to you this is a likely scenario? 

Not about Emery, it’s about us as a club and having to sell assets. Not exactly giving him the tools he needs to finish top 4 and compete for trophies is it. And yes the financial rules are absolutely ridiculous too. 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s not just about being “skint” our squad is full… we need to makes sales to make room for new players too

Yes but Diaby shouldn’t be one of the players sold to make room for others. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â