Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Diaby was a fallback option for Monchi, and as I've been saying for the last 9 months, it wouldn't surprise me if they decide to move him this summer. I think they thought he'd replace Bailey in the regular starting XI, but the combination of Bailey's incredible form and Bailey's inconsistent and sometimes poor form may have altered their plans. We'll find out soon enough. 

I think the only kinds of gambles Unai and Monchi make are well calculated ones.

We’re not tearing up that first 11, so I don’t see major cause for concern. The squad needed improving anyway and we’ve done well on that side of things so far, have to commend Monchi for shifting unwanted and mediocre players (a few more to go) when/where previous incumbents have really struggled to do so.

I also think there isn’t really a better coach and manager than Unai to deal with a squad refresh and upgrade either. We’ve got to find a way to be even better and take on the challenges before us, we’re all about upsetting that applecart!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I'm really starting to dislike Monchi and all his wheeling and dealing. 

We only signed Diaby a year ago, he's just turned 25, he's only had one year in England and if we're binning him off already then I really don't like what we've become as a football club.

Diaby's got all the talent to go to the very top, unless we're selling him for a crazy fee like £100m it makes no sense with 4 years left on his contract. We signed him for up to £50m last summer so getting only a little bit more than that is very poor business considering all he needs is one top season next season and he could be one of our most valuable players.

To be offloading attacking players like Diaby and replacing him in the squad with obscure youngsters like Dobbin makes me think we're not serious about competing with the top teams. 

I just hope there's no truth in it. Luiz going for PSL reasons I accepted  but to sell a player of the ability of Diaby for financial is just not right 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I think my point is that Monchi won't just be looking to cash in on Diaby if there's a massive bid. 

He'll only sanction something if there's a genuine improvement out there who is willing to sign for us. Olmo was an example of the class required to step up from Diaby. 

I agree mate, I would love Olmo too. But also plenty of alternatives and options out there… yeah, I think everything is well thought out and planned, we don’t just act on impulse or out of desperation these days.

Targets and probably even sales were likely all outlined and lined up some time back… now it’s time for action.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Should probably wait for someone more reputable to report this before getting too carried away.

That’s way too rationale 😉 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

But as I said in my post on the previous page, that is probably more exception than rule. Are we going to always persist with underperforming players for longer than we should just because Leon Bailey came good in his 3rd season? 

2 seasons? 

21 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We've already sold Luiz. That was Diabys first season I think the potential is great. It's a backwards step if we don't buy someone of similar quality 

Luiz sale was to cover 23/24 shortfall. We need to generate in excess of £60m profit from player sales to cover 24/25 psr gap. Duran and Diaby are much more palatable sales than, as an example, Ramsay and Konsa.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Just for clarity, because people everywhere online keep saying we spent 50m on him - 

spacer.png

Yes, have posted those figures at least 3 times in this thread.

It’s probably 50m after add ons, but we’ve probably met one or two of the clauses (CL qualification was probably one of them).

So we’ve probably paid more than 34.6m so far but yet to reach the full amount. If there’s a big profit to be made, and if Moussa wants to go, it will get done.

Big IF on that atm though… let’s see.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Yes, have posted those figures at least 3 times in this thread.

Keeps getting overlooked or ignored everywhere, people post them on X/Twitter too but it’s always 50m that’s constantly stated for him, by almost anyone who brings the deal up.

15 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Luiz sale was to cover 23/24 shortfall. We need to generate in excess of £60m profit from player sales to cover 24/25 psr gap. Duran and Diaby are much more palatable sales than, as an example, Ramsay and Konsa.

We are **** then. You can't make progress by selling your better players and not replacing with at least equal. We were done with Luiz imo but did well with the Maatsen one. 

7 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

It leaves us having to replace one key player, one player who made 50 appearances last season, and another player who is our only backup striker to Ollie.

We still haven’t replaced Luiz btw. Selling Diaby before we have sourced a proper replacement for Luiz and then still needing to replace Diaby and without a key man in Kamara would make us going into next season woefully underprepared.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â