Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

i think mousa is an amazing talent that had trouble clicking in this team so we never saw the best of him.  my heart would like to see him stay and consistently produce the quality we've only seen glimpses of.  

On the other hand, may well be better for his future and for out bank account to approve this.  I think 60m is a good deal for us.  I hope it works out wonderfully for him.  

• Like 2

Honestly, if somebody is willing to cough up £10-15m more than what we paid last year, do the deal. I don’t get what he is. It feels like his best position would be as an attacking right winger but we don’t really play that formation. He’s not really a 10 either.

His stats mask a very average season and considering he’s a club record signing (depending on what you read), he’s underwhelmed. 

• Like 1

You have to remember if this deals goes through that we are not selling him on the cheap, this will be our second biggest player sale!

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Seems to be gathering pace. Excellent. Get him gone and go and get Felix with the money. 

How long will Felix get until you declare him a busted flush and move onto your next wet dream?  

I wouldn’t swap Felix for Diaby, he will fly this season 

• Like 3

He is 25 years old and has finished the difficult first season quite good. I want him to stay at least a season more, so we are able to see the best of him.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

What would you deem as stupid?

Probably something close to the £70m mark. If we could nearly double our money after a season I think it makes sense from a business pov. 

Though, I wouldn't particularly like the fact we'd lose both Luiz and Diaby in the same window. 

• Like 2

Start of the season he looked class then had a proper drop off in performances, if we make a profit on him and replace with someone else I’ll take it 

He's a funny player, bundles of talent and imo genuinely had a good season (if not inconsistent but to be completely expected for his first season). But I think Emery signed him to be the second striker and he has obviously struggled there so far (with his best performances coming from out wide).

The brains may be seeing this as an opportunity to turn a quick profit on a very good but also pretty replaceable player (I'd sell Diaby about ten times over before even thinking about selling Bailey for example), so they can try again on another big statement signing like a Beier or a Felix who may end up proving a bit more suitable for what Emery wants.

Edited by wishywashy

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

His stats mask a very average season and considering he’s a club record signing (depending on what you read), he’s underwhelmed. 

10 goals and 9 assists in his first season is good numbers

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, BOF said:

Losing Luiz and Diaby in the one window going into a CL season would be so disheartening.

Duran, Diaby and Doug out for €130 - €140m + two young players, seems like good business to me. Also greatly helps the accounts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

The brains may be seeing this as an opportunity to turn a quick profit on a very good but also pretty replaceable player (I'd sell Diaby about ten times over before even thinking about selling Bailey for example)

They probably didn't expect Bailey to have such a good season. Diaby was his replacement in the team and Bailey turned out to be better. Makes sense to sell Diaby at a profit now if we can.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

10 goals and 9 assists in his first season is good numbers

Better than Baileys first season and look at his second! 😉

Every club sells if the right offer comes in - except for their 'untouchables'
Diaby isn't an untouchable - he isn't currently starter.

I feel that £60m would be put to better use by Unai and Monchi, than holding on to our second choice right winger and turning down that amount.
What they choose will be right. 

• Like 1

I'm really starting to dislike Monchi and all his wheeling and dealing. 

We only signed Diaby a year ago, he's just turned 25, he's only had one year in England and if we're binning him off already then I really don't like what we've become as a football club.

Diaby's got all the talent to go to the very top, unless we're selling him for a crazy fee like £100m it makes no sense with 4 years left on his contract. We signed him for up to £50m last summer so getting only a little bit more than that is very poor business considering all he needs is one top season next season and he could be one of our most valuable players.

To be offloading attacking players like Diaby and replacing him in the squad with obscure youngsters like Dobbin makes me think we're not serious about competing with the top teams. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, macandally said:

Better than Baileys first season and look at his second! 😉

But as I said in my post on the previous page, that is probably more exception than rule. Are we going to always persist with underperforming players for longer than we should just because Leon Bailey came good in his 3rd season? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â