Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Just now, wishywashy said:

Per Ornstein we signed him for 40m euros (presumably the 60m being euros).

I'd take that.

Yeah, I said earlier somewhere that I’d imagine we’d accept £55-60mill.

Given book value remaining, seems like a good deal. He could well kick on with us next year and improve but he quite easily couldn’t…

• Like 3

Just now, macandally said:

Unless there is a nailed on, world class replacement coming it it’s a no from me. 

People thinking Philogene or Illing Jr replaces Diaby are crazy  

Could I perhaps offer you a Semih?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, macandally said:

Unless there is a nailed on, world class replacement coming it it’s a no from me. 

People thinking Philogene or Illing Jr replaces Diaby are crazy  

Crazy to think Bailey’s sub needs a world class replacement 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Do I think that Diaby will have a better season this season? Yes.

Do we turn down a really decent bid and hold onto him in the hope that it happens? I don’t think it’s sensible to do so.

I appreciate that people will use Leon Bailey as an example, but I’d say that is more exception than rule, it’s the same as people that use Sir Alex Ferguson as an example to give a failing manager more time.

If we can get £60m for him, then I’d sell. He doesn’t get into our best team imo so I think we’d be mad to turn that sort of money down, especially when you look at what we could buy with it.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I can't see Newcastle and Chelsea owners wanting to do us a favour. Not to mention Diaby apparently turned down a Saudi move to come to us 12 months ago. File this one under clickbait BS 

• Haha 1

Just now, BOF said:

Losing Luiz and Diaby in the one window going into a CL season would be so disheartening.

I know what you mean, but at least all the money gets reinvested back into the team, or at least everything that PSR allows unlike under previous ownerships. This sale would really help us freshen up our squad, and I’d say with Diaby that if he has another ‘average’ or ‘underwhelming’ season as he has just had, how much is he worth then? We be lucky to get anything close to what we paid for him imo.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Losing Luiz and Diaby in the one window going into a CL season would be so disheartening.

I initially felt the same when the rumours started. Although as I've had more time to think about it Luiz was a necessity in a way due to PSR pressures, where-as Diaby sounds more to me like a reset of ideas from Emery with regards to that second-striker position. Perhaps he's decided the team may function better there with a more nominal midfielder, than a winger/striker type forward. Tielemans and McGinn were preferred there at times. Perhaps that's why we've had such strong links to Alex Baena and Joao Felix, two who would be much more naturally suited for that slightly more creative style of position (as would a Buendia you could argue).

There's also an argument to be made that Emery has now recommitted for another 5 years. Get some real young talent in now, and let Unai really mould them how he wants them to play during that time.

Just speculation from my part though. Exciting to see what happens. Feels like a bigger shake up than the majority initially anticipated.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

I get your sentiment. However players need to go to rebuild a better squad 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

It does feel that way but it really depends on what we do with the money we receive. We need to build a squad that Emery trusts, so we're not left with 3 goalies on the bench and players he doesn't want, but at the same time it feels like we might be weakening the starting XI to do that. 

The long-term future of the club is also very important, so we do need to be clever on the financial side of things. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â