Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

I think Diaby is a perfect example of the expectations of (some of) this fan base when a player comes in with a high price tag. 

Hopefully the club has better vision than some of these comments, it seems unless you come in, perform to the level of player of the season and make more goal contributions than anyone else then we don’t want you so we’ll accept any offers. Never mind adjusting to a  new league, style of play, coach, teammates. Perform immediately or get out.

Ridiculous. 

edit - to add why would a team double what we paid for a player when he is so bang average / poor 😂

Edited by Rich_H
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Rich_H said:

I think Diaby is a perfect example of the expectations of (some of) this fan base when a player comes in with a high price tag. 

But the following players all had high price tags. 

Buendia, Watkins, Torres, Diaby and Maatsen. All in around 30-40m including add ons etc..

Then Bailey, Ings, Digne, Carlos all in the mid 20m level expensive. 

Al Ittihad also insists for Moussa #Diaby for whom there would be an agreement in principle on personal terms. Once the player's approval has been received, negotiations with Aston Villa should begin

I don’t believe we will sell him. Unai seems to rate him. He is pretty unique in what he offers compared to the rest of the squad. He seems happy at Villa. Why would he want to play in Saudi. I call bs in this one.

1 hour ago, Rich_H said:

Hopefully the club has better vision than some of these comments, it seems unless you come in, perform to the level of player of the season and make more goal contributions than anyone else then we don’t want you so we’ll accept any offers. Never mind adjusting to a  new league, style of play, coach, teammates. Perform immediately or get out.

Ridiculous. 

edit - to add why would a team double what we paid for a player when he is so bang average / poor 😂

To be fair, every fan base weights expectation vis-a-vis price tag surely?

I think folk look at the number of players and accumulated money spent by Saudi league clubs and assume they pay astronomical figures, but Neymar is the only individual player that has moved there for over £50 million, so I can't see Diaby commanding some of the figures being thrown around in here.

I'd happily have him stay anyway. For his first season I thought he did reasonably well, there were times when I was looking at his movement at games thinking he was a level above what we'd seen at Villa previously and he had some real moments of quality, it was just putting a level of consistent performance in across general play that he struggled with. That's par for the course for a player of his type settling into such a demanding league though, and something you'd expect him to build upon with a full season behind him now.

Edited by Indigo

I feel Diaby is being harshly judged because Watkins and Bailey had such stellar seasons the comparison bar is so high. Any other season 10 goals and 9 assists would have had him having a brilliant season. 

I’ve no doubt his second season will be class. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I think folk look at the number of players and accumulated money spent by Saudi league clubs and assume they pay astronomical figures, but Neymar is the only individual player that has moved there for over £50 million, so I can't see Diaby commanding some of the figures being thrown around in here.

I'd happily have him stay anyway. For his first season I thought he did reasonably well, there were times when I was looking at his movement at games thinking he was a level above what we'd seen at Villa previously and he had some real moments of quality, it was just putting a level of consistent performance in across general play that he struggled with. That's par for the course for a player of his type settling into such a demanding league though, and something you'd expect him to build upon with a full season behind him now.

Otavio went for £60m too. They spent £50m on Mitrovic from Fulham. He’s just turned 25 and had a great first season. We would be shortsighted to not demand a higher fee than £60m for that reason. 

I’d have no problem selling him for the right price, but also happy if he stayed. Although if we get JPB we’ll have many players for almost same positions. We might not get the same offer for him. Selling him is much easier to accept than selling Ramsey for example. If we sold him while getting JPB and Beier I think we’d have done really well.

I guess if we did sell him and just broke even that would make sense financially with amortisation right? If we got a £20m profit and the amortisation benefit I’m sure Monchi will look at a sale. Wheeling and dealing like that is his forte.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â