Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, striker said:

Interested to know why when Villa have qualified for CL?

It’s a London Ting!

Just add to that in the PL can only see him going to Manchester or Liverpool if he was to leave London.

Edited by zab6359
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

What league are Spurs in if we're not in it?

They're a project too, with Ange and post-Kane. The finance element is something, but if players get paid what they want, the importance of the money context is vague at best. 

London is a massive pull over Birmingham, I see zero other benefits for Spurs than Villa, currently.

Their swanky stadium and name recognition are also pulls. There's a generation of players who don't know much about Aston Villa but are familiar with Spurs, who they probably think are a club with more stature than us. Even though they'd be wrong. 

Diaby on his worst day is cover for Bailey, and that has value if you do nothing more than think how the amount of tape grew and grew on the latter’s knee at the end of the season. 

70m or piss off, we have an investment to cover. 

Edited by 479Villan

we have to keep Diaby, we saw in the early part of the season he hasn’t talent and yes he struggled in the second half of the season but like Bailey did, once settled will be quality for us and I expect a big upcoming season for him.

Just now, nick76 said:

we have to keep Diaby, we saw in the early part of the season he hasn’t talent and yes he struggled in the second half of the season but like Bailey did, once settled will be quality for us and I expect a big upcoming season for him.

Totally offer dependent.

There's a price not too far north of £50m we'd happily sell him for IMO.

He's a good player who didn't do too well last season and is on monster money.

No way would we turn down £75m.

• Like 3

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Totally offer dependent.

There's a price not too far north of £50m we'd happily sell him for IMO.

He's a good player who didn't do too well last season and is on monster money.

No way would we turn down £75m.

Yeah I would agree but I wasn’t expecting a £50m+ plus offer coming in to be honest but you never know with the Saudi league I suppose.

On 27/06/2024 at 08:26, AVTuco said:

We're not in their league yet. We're still a project and need to prove we can keep it up consistently. Additionally, our financial position is weak in PSR terms.

For a player Spurs is a much safer option.

With their history of recent successful trophy haul and qualifying for next seasons CL you mean, yeah much better than those rough Brummies, who have never been remotely trendy. A lie down in a dark corner might help you with this perhaps. Some players might think that way and want to be in London but plenty will recognise that Villa under am elite manger like Unai would be far the better move for their future career IMHO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I would agree but I wasn’t expecting a £50m+ plus offer coming in to be honest but you never know with the Saudi league I suppose.

Yeah, it's only even worth mentioning as it's the daft Saudis. Who also have shares in Chelsea...and mysteriously paid a fortune for a few of their finished players.

• Like 1

Anything close to £50m and he’s gone. Emery will know he can get better for that price elsewhere and I’m sure he’s got a list as long as his arm of players he’d prefer.

If I was being kind, I’d say Diaby has struggled here for the most part because we don’t really play a system that suits him. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Anything close to £50m and he’s gone. Emery will know he can get better for that price elsewhere and I’m sure he’s got a list as long as his arm of players he’d prefer.

If I was being kind, I’d say Diaby has struggled here for the most part because we don’t really play a system that suits him. 

Scenes next season when he gets 25 goal contributions 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

It’s a very widely used term for goals and assists 

No, I get it. 

Just funny. I was a forward as a kid (you can imagine it, Delphinho, latching on to those long balls over the top),

Not once did I think, ‘I’m going to get X goal contributions next season’.

Bloody Wokerati. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

No, I get it. 

Just funny. I was a forward as a kid (you can imagine it, Delphinho, latching on to those long balls over the top),

Not once did I think, ‘I’m going to get X goal contributions next season’.

Bloody Wokerati. 

Blame twatter 

And FBref

PS: I can picture Delphinho up front on a cold night in Stoke 

Â