Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Eze wouldn’t come here.

Spurs look like getting him so I don't see why he wouldn't. We have finished above Spurs the last 2 seasons and are rivals with them, Newcastle and Chelsea for any player now. 

Only reason he might not come here is he wants to stay in London. 

Selling Diaby would be very daft. He's still very young and with him and Bailey competing for one position we have great options in that part of the pitch. Can see him having a very good season next year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Spurs look like getting him so I don't see why he wouldn't. We have finished above Spurs the last 2 seasons and are rivals with them, Newcastle and Chelsea for any player now. 

Only reason he might not come here is he wants to stay in London. 

We're not in their league yet. We're still a project and need to prove we can keep it up consistently. Additionally, our financial position is weak in PSR terms.

For a player Spurs is a much safer option.

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

We're not in their league yet. We're still a project and need to prove we can keep it up consistently. Additionally, our financial position is weak in PSR terms.

Spurs haven’t had CL consistently for years. They’ve got a fancy stadium and healthy income but joining them is certainly not guaranteed top 4 finishes every season. They’ll be playing Europa next season but probably won’t win it because they haven’t won anything for nearly 20 years.

Newcastle have PSR issues, as do Chelsea. It’s not just us. They are also both clubs with ‘projects’.

8 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I guess what do you mean by “safer”?

Spurs always look like they are moments away from the manager leaving. Which must be a key consideration for a player. The same can’t be said for Emery and his team. 

But I agree with you on the finances. 

2 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Selling Diaby would be very daft. He's still very young and with him and Bailey competing for one position we have great options in that part of the pitch.

It would be sensible if we got a good silly Saudi offer. Say £65-70m.

2 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Can see him having a very good season next year.

Agree.

39 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I’d argue the exact opposite.

We are probably the most stable upwardly mobile team in the league and probably one of the most in Europe. 

We have champions league, the Owners are fully onboard and one of the highest regarded managers in world football, who improves every player that he has, is fully in control for at least the next 5 years. 

Or you can chance your arm in the Europa league with Daniel Levy and Ange Postecoglu, who is a lovely guy but probably won’t be spurs manager by Christmas 2025. 

• Like 2

The Saudis are vindictive shits, if they get snubbed first time then they come back to prove that everybody has a price and that they will always win due to their money. I see no reason why they wouldn't offer stupid money to the player and if they do the same for us then we have to sell.

57 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

What league are Spurs in if we're not in it?

They're a project too, with Ange and post-Kane. The finance element is something, but if players get paid what they want, the importance of the money context is vague at best. 

London is a massive pull over Birmingham, I see zero other benefits for Spurs than Villa, currently.

I'm torn on this one. I'll leave it to the boys who know what they are doing.

If this is bonafide, they will have a replacement in mind.

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

What league are Spurs in if we're not in it?

They're a project too, with Ange and post-Kane. The finance element is something, but if players get paid what they want, the importance of the money context is vague at best. 

London is a massive pull over Birmingham, I see zero other benefits for Spurs than Villa, currently.

The thing is, in people’s head Spurs been part of top 6 last decade and a half. First thing they say about Villa (you’ll do a Newcastle), and getting to CL was part of luck and big clubs not being well. Your team regressed because they don’t have experience…etc

Now most say you can’t keep your best players, and are a selling club…etc

People don’t look at the full picture, they don’t know how ambitious are our owners, they only look at the fact that we weren’t doing good. DS has been a legend for us but he’s limited to a certain level, then Gerrard which I don’t need to go through. So our ambition didn’t really have the full puzzle solved. We had manager not really having a proper plan and view. Now it’s totally different. But people won’t look at that, they’ll say Vile, breaking rules…etc and that’s why we made it to the CL. 

Sorry got out of the main points as these are media/other fans matters. But still not every player can consider us as Spurs/Chelsea/Utd. However many players will choose us knowing it’s the right move for now, knowing it will make their value higher and being coached by one of the best. But it’s still not the fancy move some players aim or want to. To be honest those type of players are the ones we don’t prefer as well. 

7 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Eze wouldn’t come here.

Interested to know why when Villa have qualified for CL?

Think we'd be a bit daft to sell him now. His numbers were pretty good for a first season in the PL. 

Sure his performances were not great at times but he's also trying to play a new role and it will take time to adapt. 

3 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

I’d argue the exact opposite.

We are probably the most stable upwardly mobile team in the league and probably one of the most in Europe. 

We have champions league, the Owners are fully onboard and one of the highest regarded managers in world football, who improves every player that he has, is fully in control for at least the next 5 years. 

Or you can chance your arm in the Europa league with Daniel Levy and Ange Postecoglu, who is a lovely guy but probably won’t be spurs manager by Christmas 2025. 

Personally I think Villa, Spurs and Newcastle are in the same group when it comes to attracting players at the moment. Don't think any of the teams can go to a mid table team in the Premier League and take a key player. Newcastle tried for Olise, whilst ambitious as it was he was never going there. Pretty sure Eze will be the same case with Spurs unless his desperate to stay in London. Main advantage Spurs have over us and Newcastle is their healthy PSR position. 

Everybody has a price, Diaby's would be higher than most as he's only recently been purchased for a big fee, so from a PSR perspective it would have to be a whole lot more than we bought him for to make it worthwhile.

I like Diaby, and I think he'll be better next season, I don't see anyone offering what it would take to prise him away, but you never know.

Â