Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

19 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He's 55m euros on transfer market.

But he’s a quality player who’s going to shove it up tonnes of doubters on here next season. 

We paid that, he signed a 5-year deal, so it's minus 11 mil for this season - is what I was getting at.

• Like 1

Would we have booked the entire value of the transfer (£50m?), even though it is made up of add ons, that I presume are yet to all be triggered?

Or would we book the initial amount paid (£35-40m)?

29 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He's 55m euros on transfer market.

But he’s a quality player who’s going to shove it up tonnes of doubters on here next season. 

Was reported as £35m + add ons by Ornstein so assume we had lower initial fee for FFP and add ons would come later based on number of games goals and assists etc.. Was reported elsewhere the total fee would be in excess of €50m, so that would be about £7m/€10m of add ons

Aston Villa agree deal to sign Bayer Leverkusen winger Moussa Diaby - The Athletic (nytimes.com)

Aston Villa have agreed a deal to sign Bayer Leverkusen winger Moussa Diaby in a deal worth around €40m (£34.6m) plus add-ons.

The 24-year-old had also attracted interest from Saudi Arabia’s Al Nassr.

However, the France international has agreed personal terms with the Premier League club and is set to complete a move to Villa Park.

Edited by CVByrne

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

So, £28m book value left?

Yes, as far as I'm aware we only pay add ons and account for them in the accounting year they are triggered. So he's £7m cost in amortisation per year and any add ons triggered that year. IF we sold him for £40m we would book a £12m profit. 

He was very productive in his first season so there's no chance we are actively trying to sell him. Would make no sense.

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

Yes, as far as I'm aware we only pay add ons and account for them in the accounting year they are triggered. So he's £7m cost in amortisation per year and any add ons triggered that year

Gotcha, thanks.

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yes, as far as I'm aware we only pay add ons and account for them in the accounting year they are triggered. So he's £7m cost in amortisation per year and any add ons triggered that year. IF we sold him for £40m we would book a £12m profit. 

He was very productive in his first season so there's no chance we are actively trying to sell him. Would make no sense.

I appreciate input like this as it helps a doofus like me understand it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I’d imagine at least some add ons were triggered due to our CL qualification.

Edit: just to clarify that of course we shouldn’t sell him, he will be very valuable to us next season. 

Edited by Awol

29 minutes ago, Awol said:

I’d imagine at least some add ons were triggered due to our CL qualification.

Edit: just to clarify that of course we shouldn’t sell him, he will be very valuable to us next season. 

I've no idea if we do individual add on's only or team add on bonuses. I think the team type bonuses have gone a bit out of fashion though. I think they are more player performance related. Goals, Appearances, International caps etc. 

• Like 1

No way he is leaving unless  a stupid offer comes in.

He was abit inconsistent but he had better stats than bailey did in his first season and look at him now. Diabs is going to be massive for us next season

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I’m sure he is someone that we aren’t actively trying to sell but the Saudis could easily offer us a silly amount that we’d struggle to turn down—£60m plus.

I don’t think Saudis will be splashing the cash like last year 

Would love to see him at Villa next season, but I think we just need to view basically any player as dispensable with the current strategy, provided the right fee is there (obviously someone like Dibu would require that fee to be beyond enormous). I wouldn't sell for a lower price but if we got offered significantly more than we paid and had replacement options I'd be fine with it

Edited by Monsieur Hazdazler

10 minutes ago, striker said:

Anything north of 40m and I’d sell him then go and buy Eze.

Eze's asking price is supposedly £60m just like Olise so I'd need a bid much higher than £40m to sell Diaby. He's also worth way more imo if we go by the prices quoted for others.

Nevertheless, he's a quality player so we would be foolish to try cashing in when we've already gone through the year 1 bedding in pains and should hopefully benefit from him being fully adjusted to the PL next year.

Â