Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

And even then I think you're being harsh because of how this potentially worked out

Monchi and unai sit him down, tell him we've had a great offer in for a lot of money, money we can use to make villa better, basically show him the door...but you expect him to say no thanks I want to stay here and win things ??

Human nature doesn't work like that, there's nothing to suggest he drove this and not us, this move probably benefits villa more than it benefits him 

Just now, villa4europe said:

But what I'm saying in ambition for what?

You can argue that if he had ambition he wouldn't be a villa player 

Ambition for a challenge..... To prove yourself at the highest level you can...

To take on difficult task (like winning Villa a trophy) and to succeed despite it being against the odds...

To take a difficult path over choosing an easy one.

To do something memorable, that isn't quantified by how many zeroes are on the end of your bank balance...

To maybe go down in sporting folklore...

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

And even then I think you're being harsh because of how this potentially worked out

Monchi and unai sit him down, tell him we've had a great offer in for a lot of money, money we can use to make villa better, basically show him the door...but you expect him to say no thanks I want to stay here and win things ??

Human nature doesn't work like that, there's nothing to suggest he drove this and not us, this move probably benefits villa more than it benefits him 

Oh we have definitely got the better end of the deal, I'm glad he chose the money over the fight... Can almost guarantee a stronger character comes through the door.

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Ambition for a challenge..... To prove yourself at the highest level you can...

To take on difficult task (like winning Villa a trophy) and to succeed despite it being against the odds...

To take a difficult path over choosing an easy one.

To do something memorable, that isn't quantified by how many zeroes are on the end of your bank balance...

To maybe go down in sporting folklore...

Then he doesn't leave PSG or Leverkusen 

And like i said it's not necessarily choosing a difficult path it's being a realist and not picking the unrealistic path

We as fans are more optimistic but who's looking at us and thinking we will catch man city? That's not optimism thats blind faith and you're criticising a player for not sharing it...I don't share it 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Then he doesn't leave PSG or Leverkusen 

And like i said it's not necessarily choosing a difficult path it's being a realist and not picking the unrealistic path

We as fans are more optimistic but who's looking at us and thinking we will catch man city? That's not optimism thats blind faith and you're criticising a player for not sharing it...I don't share it 

Enjoyed the discussion but I'm not budging.... 

Either way I'm glad he's gone. Whatever the reason is.

I have to go to bed and be up at 3am for work, because if there weren't hard working pricks like me grafting day in day out, the world wouldn't exist.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

Absolutely delighted he has gone. Potential was reasonable given even more time but he was evidently mentally weak and way short of the attributes needed to play in this country. Very pleased he has left and we don't need to carry him any more ...... just spend his money wisely !

Quite sad to see him go to be honest, I just really liked him and thought he was going to kick on and really nail it… goodbye Moussa, all the best!

Onward and upwards, UTV.

• Like 2

I guess that every player has his price these days and that the offer was too good for the club to turn down. Given the club had shown they were willing to sell, it may well have been that Moussa was quite happy to stay and to play CL football with us next season, and was contrary to some assumptions, not in fact itching to leave us, before being told that we had entered into negotiations for his sale, to the club he had offers from 12 months ago.  In any case, thank you for your crucial contributions to what was such an outstanding season last year Moussa and best wishes for your future career. Who knows, you might be back? ;)

Moussa Diaby from Al-Nassr ... Aston Villa forward Moussa Diaby ... Aston Villa FC - Moussa Diaby takes the ...  French contingent behind Moussa Diaby ... Moussa Diaby 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Hey, at least you don’t have to follow him out on loan 😂

Don’t have to watch/follow Saudi football 😂

Touché 😂

Sky saying we signed him for £52m and sold him for £50m, I do not see how this is a good deal. Proved himself a premier league player with goals and assists in him. 

Shame, feel like we’ve lost a good one here.

I will fee the same with Duran and I felt the same for Dougie.

Strange transfer window this one. 

23 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Sky saying we signed him for £52m and sold him for £50m, I do not see how this is a good deal. Proved himself a premier league player with goals and assists in him. 

Shame, feel like we’ve lost a good one here.

I will fee the same with Duran and I felt the same for Dougie.

Strange transfer window this one. 

52 million was the total package with addons. Not sure how many of those were realised - though qualifying for the champions league would be a big one. 

I'd also hasten to add, it's in both clubs interest to under report the fee from Saudi. 

Im quite happy with the sale (under a cloud of hatred for the Premier League and PSR rules) .We had to sell Luiz this summer for PSR. I think selling Duran and Diaby now (providing we reinvest wisely) will mean we don't need to sell a first team star next summer. I'd rather lose them, than a Watkins, Emi,  Kamara, Torres etc next summer.

Edited by pas5898

After a bright start, he seemed frustrated for much of the second half of the season. That made him frustrating to watch.

However, I am not happy to see him go. He contributed and, with more time, might have contributed more. Think about how long it took Bailey to adapt.

Or perhaps he wouldn't have adapted. To improve, a player must want it. If his heart was elsewhere, then I recognize that it's best for him to move on. That doesn't mean that I'm happy about it. I'm left with a tinge of regret.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Taking a higher wage for less work in your job is lacking ambition?

There is surely a point where the money becomes meaningless? 

OK, if you're earning 500 quid a week, and you get the chance to earn 50 thousand a week, you'd obviously jump on it; you'd be made for life. But realistically, you'd have trouble spending it. So if you then got the chance to go from that to 500 thousand a week, what would be the point, beyond bragging rights?

All top flight footballers are already obscenely rich - so you'd think they would start to focus on job satisfaction a lot more than zeroes on a cheque.

But apparently not. Greed seems to have no limits. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

OK, if you're earning 500 quid a week, and you get the chance to earn 50 thousand a week, you'd obviously jump on it; you'd be made for life. But realistically, you'd have trouble spending it. So if you then got the chance to go from that to 500 thousand a week, what would be the point, beyond bragging rights?

All top flight footballers are already obscenely rich - so you'd think they would start to focus on job satisfaction a lot more than zeroes on a cheque.

Generation wealth and the closest thing to immortality outside sci-fi 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Yes bring back the maximum wage 

He is gonna destroy that league - but without question decline as a footballer.  There's literally no progression as a footballer joining that league. 

You go there when you are coming to the end if yoru career not at your peak 25

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Absolutely delighted he has gone. Potential was reasonable given even more time but he was evidently mentally weak and way short of the attributes needed to play in this country. Very pleased he has left and we don't need to carry him any more ...... just spend his money wisely !

Post deleted. 

Edited by Don_Simon
CBA

All in all a strange signing. He was our biggest summer purchase last year and started well but clearly had a mid-season slump for whatever reason. He was still trying hard to contribute to the team and got a little better towards the end of the season.  He scored a reasonable amount of goals and assists and I was expecting him to push on this season like Bailey has done. But for whatever reason either him or the club (or both) have taken the money and run. It might work, we might be able to reinvest this into getting a better player but it is a risk and it doesn't really indicate that we are happy to have an settled side with incremental improvements, which so far has been the basis of Emery's success here.

16 hours ago, mjmooney said:

It's the difference between driving a Lamborghini and buying a yacht. 

And making sure that while you sit on that yacht, your great grandkids will also have a Lamborghini. And likely a yacht.

To some people it makes a difference. Especially if your high earning career lasts 10 years and you can finish that career in any moment if you break a leg. 

I would say earning 80k at Villa and moving for 120k to Man Utd is a bit silly.

But moving for 3x as much to play part time football makes perfect sense. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â