Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

This is mad, if I was a pro footballer I don’t know what I would do.

My gut feeling is this is career suicide, but the flip side is, at €350k a week tax free, would you care? 

But then the other side of me is thinking he is probably on good money here, get better sponsorship deals and how much money does a youngster need to be financially set for life, make good Investments and you’d be sitting pretty forever 

I don't understand what career suicide means. If you earn that amount of money then surely your career is going about well as it possibly can?

• Like 2

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

I don't understand what career suicide means. If you earn that amount of money then surely your career is going about well as it possibly can?

Yeah true, can’t really disagree with that.

Not sure the point I was thinking of, made sense in my head. 

5 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Maybe more of a status suicide. You’re swimming in money while the general public slowly forget about you.

With all due respect to Saudi, it’s not one of those places you would want to live for too long.

Diaby there for 2 years, made man then come back to another league.  

For non-Muslims, there is very little upside beyond the salary

16 minutes ago, macandally said:

With all due respect to Saudi, it’s not one of those places you would want to live for too long.

Diaby there for 2 years, made man then come back to another league.  

For non-Muslims, there is very little upside beyond the salary

Diaby is a Muslim so I don’t imagine the lifestyle will be too much of an issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Thank you. I thought such contracts are paid over time so possible exchange fluctuations must be taken into account. I presume Villa would stipulate being paid in sterling so the purchaser would need to decide how to manage their finances (buy forward or whatever).

I'd guess Villa will have a Euro account at their bank in the UK. 

It's like this, I work for Royal mail a decent wage with overtime & probably known as the top delivery service in the country (it isn't but that's another story) & Evri come along & offer me triple my salary & tax free 🤔 I know what I'm doing 🤑 wish you all the best Moussa, thanks for helping us back into Europe's elite 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frodo said:

It's like this, I work for Royal mail a decent wage with overtime & probably known as the top delivery service in the country (it isn't but that's another story) & Evri come along & offer me triple my salary & tax free 🤔 I know what I'm doing 🤑 wish you all the best Moussa, thanks for helping us back into Europe's elite 

Who is?

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Yeah true, can’t really disagree with that.

Not sure the point I was thinking of, made sense in my head. 

I mean, money isn't everything, I understand that. Perhaps the one thing that it messes up, if we consider it part of a footballer's career, is playing for your national side? And maybe getting a champions league medal?

But as we've seen, playing in Saudi isn't necessarily a blocker for playing internationally. And at the rate it's headed, maybe the Saudi League will end up being a more prestigious tournament than even than the champions league in a few years. Who knows?

54 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Diaby is a Muslim so I don’t imagine the lifestyle will be too much of an issue. 

But the whole of Middle East is extremely racist against black people. So it will probably be a change from living in the UK with that regards unless he manage to live very sheltered.

54 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Also with that giant pay rise, his Zakat contributions (a pillar of Islam) is 2.5% of your yearly wage to charities, means he can also help a lot more people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Warm weather, big house with a pool. That would do for me. 

...In a gated community, completely isolated from normal everyday life.

That's not for me personally 

• Like 2

Well I was wrong about this, I never thought a] a Saudi club would pay what it would take, or b] that he'd be particularly interested anyway. 

Surprised, but in the end I think it's a good deal for us and that's all I really care about. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tubby said:

They live in gater communities here anyway, they already live very private lives, kids in private schools, PAs etc etc 

I doubt he was a regular down his local tescos in brum

16 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Not sure how much different it would be over here tbh, barring the smog.  ;)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â