Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Not every player will put money first, if I was in position of these players and I was offered the chance to play in Saudi I would reply 'forget it my bros it's too hot there', and it's not as exactly if he's going to be poor signing for us, we will making him a millionaire several times over. Truth be told he might actually make more money in the long run by signing for us, because if he does well he's going to keep getting big contracts, whereas if he goes to Saudi his rep could fade from playing in such a poor league meaning he wouldn't attract such good offers in three or four years, to Saudi might make sense for older players not for younger ones.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That's how Chelsea started. That's how Man City started. 

Buy big names at the end of their career to lend credibility.  Then spend loads on the hottest young properties and gradually ramp up and up just spending bonkers money. 

It's a very well worn tried and tested path. 

Saudi WILL dominate if they spend enough. No one will be interested in The Champions League if none of the world's top players play in it. 

The modern global fan follows players, not clubs. 

You're being extremely naive if you can't see this. 

Why did the Premier League become the most popular league in the world even though the best players were mainly in Spain and Italy? My theory is because of the crowds and the pace of the games here.  Nothing beats the excitement of the Premier league. That was always there and eventually the money and best players followed. 

I just can’t ever see the Saudi league doing this. Not anytime soon anyway. 

Anyway there’s threads on this so we can discuss it further there.  Diaby will join Villa. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

18 minutes ago, markc said:

Why don't Al-Nassr just admit defeat on this one and go for Harvey Barnes instead 🙂

They did...Barnes is signing for AL-NEWKIE the newcastle based sister club of Al-NASST and AL-ZHEIMERS🤫

Now this may sound racist but I promise it isn't. Hear me out. It's why I feel Diaby isn't a thing to them now Barnes is going to Newcastle..

On a global basis most Muslims follow the top teams in Europe worldwide. Barca, PSG, Real, Bayern, the usual English clubs.

Look at the Saudi Clubs signings so far. Ignore the names, the clubs they are signing from. FFS even Gerrard, which we all know. I'm sure they know is shite. But he's a high profile name to give them global exposure. Henderson so from Liverpool, Mahrez City. Clubs massively supported in glory hunting islamic regions.

Now, to Diaby. A player unknown in that region. Seriously unknown. I'd say Tyrone Mings is more well know. Why would they punt £45m+ on a play nobody in there target region gives a shit about? Their entire transfer working so far and, it seems, IS, about anything but doing sensible deals to bring in players who have concrete skill at the right age. They don't.

So I think they are being used by Bayer to get us to, if not agree their fee, to construct the deal favourably to them. ie more up front and bigger add-ons rather than than, as is seen usually, less up front but rest over contract period.

Either way I think he'll be a Villa player soon. The delay is Bayer using Saudi interest to try to get us to deal on their terms 

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Now this may sound racist but I promise it isn't. Hear me out. It's why I feel Diaby isn't a thing to them now Barnes is going to Newcastle..

On a global basis most Muslims follow the top teams in Europe worldwide. Barca, PSG, Real, Bayern, the usual English clubs.

Look at their signings so far. Ignore the names, the clubs they are signing from. FFS even Gerrard, which we all know. I'm sure they know is shite. But he's a high profile name to give them global exposure. Henderson so from Liverpool, Mahrez City. Clubs massively supported in glory hunting islamic regions.

Now, to Diaby. A player unknown in that region. Seriously unknown. I'd say Tyrone Mings is more well know. Why would they punt £45m+ on a play nobody in there target region gives a shit about? Their entire transfer working so far and, it seems, IS, about anything but doing sensible deals to bring in players who have concrete skill at the right age. They don't.

So I think they are being used by Bayer to get us to, if not agree their fee, to construct the deal favourably to them. ie more up front and bigger add-ons rather than than, as is seen usually, less up front but rest over contract period.

Either way I think he'll be a Villa player soon. The delay is Bayer using Saudi interest to try to get us to deal on their terms 

If I'm following, you're saying Diaby to Al Nassr is a smokescreen by Leverkusen because Muslims are generally glory hunters and the Saudis will never go for someone so unknown as Moussa Diaby?

• Haha 3

Except Man City and Chelsea didn't start off by buying old famous players, they immediately started by buying the best players of various ages, Man City's early signings were the likes of Robinho, Tevez, Yaya Touré, Balotelli, David Silva, James Milner and so on, Chelsea's early signings were the likes of Crespo, Duff, Makélélé, Parker, Bridge, Joe Cole, Drogba, Robben, and so on, some of those might not seem like big names now, but at the time were highly rated and current England internationals with big reps. Saudi with their money can't attract the same level of player because their league isn't very good standard, and signing a few old timers won't improve it, it's going to take much more than that, need a proper infrastructre in place, and a top academy system, and it's something that will take years to implement.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If I'm following, you're saying Diaby to Al Nassr is a smokescreen by Leverkusen because Muslims are generally glory hunters and the Saudis will never go for someone so unknown as Moussa Diaby?

I agree with him apart from the Muslims part.  I do think if they are going to smash their transfer record it will be on a player that will bring a lot more global exposure.

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Truth be told he might actually make more money in the long run by signing for us, because if he does well he's going to keep getting big contracts, whereas if he goes to Saudi his rep could fade from playing in such a poor league meaning he wouldn't attract such good offers in three or four years, to Saudi might make sense for older players not for younger ones.

🧐🤔... Now this is something really interesting to think about

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree with him apart from the Muslims part.  I do think if they are going to smash their transfer record it will be on a player that will bring a lot more global exposure.

Al-Hilal completely obliterated their transfer record signing Ruben bloody Neves, he's not exactly a global superstar player, any more than Diaby is.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why did the Premier League become the most popular league in the world even though the best players were mainly in Spain and Italy? My theory is because of the crowds and the pace of the games here.  Nothing beats the excitement of the Premier league. That was always there and eventually the money and best players followed. 

Anyway there’s threads on this so we can discuss it further there.  Diaby will join Villa. 

The Premier league became the biggest league because we got the Sky TV deal and had the most money to spend. 

Before that Spain had the most money and the best players. 

Before that Italy had the most money and the best players. 

Scotland has little money and crap players. 

The money is the thing. Always has been and always will be. End of. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

My conspiracy theory is that pif are doing Newcastle a favour by trying to sabotage us by pushing up the amount we have to spend on him so we have less money to play with in other positions. Which will be exposed as a crap conspiracy theory if they do actually sign him for real.

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Al-Hilal completely obliterated their transfer record signing Ruben bloody Neves, he's not exactly a global superstar player, any more than Diaby is.

This is true. Milankovic Savic too. But to be fair they aren’t spending 200m a year on Ronaldo so maybe had more money to spend on fees ? 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

46 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That's how Chelsea started. That's how Man City started. 

Buy big names at the end of their career to lend credibility.  Then spend loads on the hottest young properties and gradually ramp up and up just spending bonkers money. 

It's a very well worn tried and tested path. 

Saudi WILL dominate if they spend enough. No one will be interested in The Champions League if non of the world's top players play in it. 

The modern global fan follows players, not clubs. 

You're being extremely naive if you can't see this. 

I follow Aston Villa, not a player, I admire some players for their quality, but I follow Aston Villa.

There's some things that are immeasurable and no amount of money can buy that. 

The PL is the best league in the world, but doesn’t have all the best players. The best players thrive under the best managers in the best leagues, who is being naive?

43 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

For what it’s worth, my hunch is that the Premier league had/has an advantage in that they’re English clubs* and to market this to countries where English is more likely to be spoken this would be of some benefit. It’s probably easier to crack the states if the team’s name sounds vaguely anglicised and the soccer pundit guy they have on speaks the same first language as them.

Additionally, less tangible and I have no first hand experience of this - just from a general perception, but I have a sense that the far east market, particularly Japan have more of an interest in the broader British culture than they do Spanish, for instance. So again, English football might be of more interest to them.

* admittedly with a lot of non English/British individuals making up those teams.

Anyway, I reckon Diaby will be a villa player soon enough. Hopefully he’s good.

• Like 1

Maybe it’s just because I’m a Villa fan, or that the calibre of player that we’re going after is improving, but our transfers always seem to take ages and feel much more of a battle than you see at other clubs.

On the flip side, it means that we’re also being prudent and not overpaying straight away, which is great.

I just wish other clubs would **** off and let us have a clear run at our signings.

People talking as if the Premier League came from nowhere, in it's form as Divison One it was already one of the biggest and best leagues in the world, everything was already in place such as infrastructure, grassroots, academy system and so on, it already had world famous players, the start of the Premier League is no way comparable to what the Saudi's are trying to start now as Saudi league is nowhere comparable to English top flight as it was in 1992. It's going to be much tougher for Saudi League to become anything like the force the Pemier League is, even signing an handful of players like Diaby each transfer window won't be enough. it will take decades to build, as it''s not something than can happen just by spending a stack of money on players.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Maybe it’s just because I’m a Villa fan, or that the calibre of player that we’re going after is improving, but our transfers always seem to take ages and feel much more of a battle than you see at other clubs.

On the flip side, it means that we’re also being prudent and not overpaying straight away, which is great.

I just wish other clubs would **** off and let us have a clear run at our signings.

How much time do you spend analysing other clubs transfers? Lol

Bet there is a high chance there is a universal moan amongst fans in general, even though unreasonable.

Last season, well and even this one, we signed player/ players before the window even opened.

Also yes, the higher the calibre of player, the more difficult it will be, unless you're the likes of Real Madrid, and even they don't get the players they want, when they want, all the time.

Been chasing Mbappe for about two years who is the master pisstaker.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

25 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Just had a look at others clubs transfers and beyond Arsenal incomings and Chelsea out going’s not a massive amount has gone on yet.  I was surprised that Wolves had spent 50m on Cunha though. Transfer dealings at that club are so dodgy. 

This will be concluded soon.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Hopefully he signs tomorrow so people stay on topic and stop harping on about Saudi league, there's another thread for that. Talk should be about what a fantastic player he is.

38 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I follow Aston Villa, not a player, I admire some players for their quality, but I follow Aston Villa.

There's some things that are immeasurable and no amount of money can buy that. 

The PL is the best league in the world, but doesn’t have all the best players. The best players thrive under the best managers in the best leagues, who is being naive?

"Younger fans all over the world follow players instead of clubs these days" say football writers, commentators, literature on footballing trends

"Well I don't do that, so no-one else in the world does" says an anecdotal middle-aged man from birmingham, whose father and grandfather also supported the local club and all followed the trend at the time of supporting their local team. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â