Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

BOF

39 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's weird. Only a quarter of people who owned him have sold him. That's still over 2m people, but he's still owned by 6.5m. We don't know how many of those are active or zombie teams. I'd say many teams who are both engaged and experienced in the game are getting rid with a plan to bring him back. It makes no sense to hold on to 14m quid for a minimum of 2 weeks and what now looks like maybe being more than that.

I still have him, mainly because it wasn't 100% he would be out last GW. I would need to take a -4 to get him out, but I should be OK without doing so this GW and even next if he doesn't play and I need to use my free elsewere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

What's the general consensus with Haaland?  Are people keeping him in to protect against price drop or selling him and strengthening elsewhere for the next couple of GWs?

I don’t see how it protects against a price drop. He started the season at 14.0 rose to 14.1 at one stage dropped to 14.0. I sold last week at 14.0 where I bought in preseason. Lost nothing. He’s now already dropped to 13.9 so if I buy him back I’ve already liberated 0.1 to use elsewhere.

Moving forward to AfCon and Asian tournament I’m going to have to keep hold of Son and Salah unless I want them gone for good because the price differential is too great to get back when they return so I’m attempting to build some wiggle room into my defence and attack to allow me to get 11 players on the pitch in those gameweeks

I went with watkins as captain, I feel it’s his time to haul again and just got a feeling that he will Be fired up after the personal abuse he received last week. Most people in my mini leagues have gone for watkins but some opted for son or salah. All decent choices and an arguement for any one of them tbh

On 21/12/2023 at 21:19, AndyM3000 said:

A lot on Watkins captain this week, I don't fancy him vs a low block team he seems to struggle to get involved. Went with Son captain.

Called it.

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Rocket polisher Palmer gets next GW off for kicking the ball away. Now have 5 flagged and surely need to use my WC one GW early.

Haha, I just brought him in for this week too and I have to get rid of Tsimikas first :( 

5 hours ago, a-k said:

Rocket polisher Palmer gets next GW off for kicking the ball away. Now have 5 flagged and surely need to use my WC one GW early.

guess someone wanted christmas off!

so my cup tie this week in the overall cup:

both scored 50, so tie is decided on most goals scored, fewest goals conceded, virtual coin toss

pretty sure i lose because the teams my players play for scored 1 less goal than the teams my opponant's players play for. that's annoying.