Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

BOF

Ended up on 69 points after zinchenko was subbed in for mykolenko and then the semenyo point was voided. I already bought pau Torres in but now Douglas Luiz confirmed on twitch that he won’t be fit for Friday. I’m thinking I’m gonna take a -4, mykolenko out for konsa. He’s basically nailed for us and will Give me the option to double up in some of the good fixtures we have coming up, mykolenko is also injured and I got a lot of value out of him but Everton now have tough games coming up 

5 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Ended up on 69 points after zinchenko was subbed in for mykolenko and then the semenyo point was voided. I already bought pau Torres in but now Douglas Luiz confirmed on twitch that he won’t be fit for Friday. I’m thinking I’m gonna take a -4, mykolenko out for konsa. He’s basically nailed for us and will Give me the option to double up in some of the good fixtures we have coming up, mykolenko is also injured and I got a lot of value out of him but Everton now have tough games coming up 

Pau or Dougie won't be fit?

9 hours ago, BOF said:

Everyone seems to have benefited. I lost. But it's ok. 59k instead of 41k. Ho hum.

I benefitted in terms of I ended up with more points, but my OR went down as a result. Weird

2 hours ago, a-k said:

Pau or Dougie won't be fit?

Pau Torres, however I decided to go 5-4-1 and play both pau and konsa alongside trippier romero and zinchenko. Semenyo has been getting subbed in games quite early recently. Plus I have Gordon who is flagged so there is still a chance he comes on to replace someone, maybe zinchenko won’t start against Liverpool either. But as someone above said, I think there is a good chance pau might start and if he does it’s too good an opportunity to turn down clean sheet points 

Also when salah goes im thinking romero out and Porro in, will keep trippier alongside Porro until salah is back and then sell him to free up funds to buy back salah. Allows me to also upgrade semenyo to cunha and keep Porro so it’s probably a good trade off. Still feels bad though and you always have that feeling that trippier can haul. He’s been terrible recently though….if I made that move then I would probably get rid of someone for Colwill or someone from Chelsea as they seem to have some decent fixtures coming up but then again there is always a question mark with the defensive solidity of that team…

Edited by Villatillidie95

4 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Pau Torres, however I decided to go 5-4-1 and play both pau and konsa alongside trippier romero and zinchenko. Semenyo has been getting subbed in games quite early recently. Plus I have Gordon who is flagged so there is still a chance he comes on to replace someone, maybe zinchenko won’t start against Liverpool either. But as someone above said, I think there is a good chance pau might start and if he does it’s too good an opportunity to turn down clean sheet points 

If Pau is out, then I actually don't even know if any of our back 4 would be nailed on starters for tomorrow. I really want to go for Carlos as he might be more of a goal threat than Konsa, who might be due a rest, but at the same time we have a chance to go top of the league...

19 minutes ago, a-k said:

If Pau is out, then I actually don't even know if any of our back 4 would be nailed on starters for tomorrow. I really want to go for Carlos as he might be more of a goal threat than Konsa, who might be due a rest, but at the same time we have a chance to go top of the league...

With konsa I feel like Emery will either play him Cb or rb, particularly as cash has struggled lately, I feel his versatility gives him more of a chance to feature. I think Carlos and konsa both play tommorow, even if not as a back 3 they will both feature in some capacity though. 

without pau I think unai goes 

Digne konsa carlos Cash 

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

With konsa I feel like Emery will either play him Cb or rb, particularly as cash has struggled lately, I feel his versatility gives him more of a chance to feature. I think Carlos and konsa both play tommorow, even if not as a back 3 they will both feature in some capacity though. 

Digne konsa carlos Cash 

Seems logical, but Konsa/Lenglet and especially Carlos/Lenglet have been on the pitch as the CB pairing much longer than Konsa/Carlos, which has been 30 mins total?

2 minutes ago, a-k said:

Seems logical, but Konsa/Lenglet and especially Carlos/Lenglet have been on the pitch as the CB pairing much longer than Konsa/Carlos, which has been 30 mins total?

I wouldn’t mind seeing Lenglet in the prem tommorow but unai Dosent seem to fancy him and there is all that talk of him wanting out, if he said something to unai I don’t think he would risk playing him. Also saw a stat saying unai is the manager in the prem who has made least changes to starting 11, de zerbi the most 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Digne konsa carlos Cash 

I wouldn't be shocked to see Moreno start instead of Digne

I'd also be not shocked to see Konsa / Carlos / Lengelet as a three with Moreno in that inverted role on the left

• Like 1

Was going to roll my FT, and probably should have, but figured Gabriel out and Trippier in. I wanted him in sooner or later and playing Luton seems decent what with Gabbers at 'plop.

47 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

konsa is about the only nailed on villa defender really...still wouldn't touch him though as we cannot seem to keep clean sheets (against the crap teams anyway)

Would basically be a one week punt though, as I (hopefully) don't need him the following GW then I have my WC to use

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

Was going to roll my FT, and probably should have, but figured Gabriel out and Trippier in. I wanted him in sooner or later and playing Luton seems decent what with Gabbers at 'plop.

With his disastrous December, barcode's away form and fatigue, and Luton at home with what will be a raucous crowd after the Lockyer incident, I just can't go with Trippier, which means a 20 pointer incoming.

8 minutes ago, a-k said:

With his disastrous December, barcode's away form and fatigue, and Luton at home with what will be a raucous crowd after the Lockyer incident, I just can't go with Trippier, which means a 20 pointer incoming.

Yeah he's had a rough run of it, and thankfully I had jumped off before that. I'm hoping everyone else took the pain, and now he's had his enforced rest (cup tie notwithstanding), I'm hoping he'll be hell bent on putting things right. Having Botman and Burn back I'm hoping gives them a bit more cohesion.

Well ... 'hoping' is a strong word. That's very much from an FPL perspective :)

16 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What's the general consensus with Haaland?  Are people keeping him in to protect against price drop or selling him and strengthening elsewhere for the next couple of GWs?

It's weird. Only a quarter of people who owned him have sold him. That's still over 2m people, but he's still owned by 6.5m. We don't know how many of those are active or zombie teams. I'd say many teams who are both engaged and experienced in the game are getting rid with a plan to bring him back. It makes no sense to hold on to 14m quid for a minimum of 2 weeks and what now looks like maybe being more than that.