Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

BOF

21 minutes ago, BOF said:

Mistakes will be made this week. Loads of juicy fixtures and I think people are going to jump off some serious assets. People already jumping off Jackson before a home game against Luton. I'm not thrilled at jumping off United assets before a home game against Forest. I want Mbeumo, but I'll have to drop someone very good to do it :(

Already jumped off Bruno to Maddison but that is more about liberating funds for later transfers, keeping my other two United assets though

I also reckon there'll be lots getting rid of Pedro because he was benched, he'll come back next week for a decent fixture I think.

Not planning on getting rid of Jackson either

If Gabriel plays tonight, I'll be rolling my other transfer to the next GW

It'll also work the other way with people jumping onto Luis Diaz because he had a good week and is just as likely not to play the next game

Yeah it might be a case that they all do well and you couldn't miss. Or, there'll be big disparity and some big transfer regrets. I'm content enough, cuz I already know I'll make the wrong decisions :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Mistakes will be made this week. Loads of juicy fixtures and I think people are going to jump off some serious assets. People already jumping off Jackson before a home game against Luton. I'm not thrilled at jumping off United assets before a home game against Forest. I want Mbeumo, but I'll have to drop someone very good to do it :(

I did the Richarlison to MBuemo switch last night for price changes, but I'd seen enough of Richi to think that was a risk worth taking. That gamble has already cost me 20 odd points.

Another FT in hand which I'll probably roll. I'm 0.1 short of upgrading Archer to Jackson which would have been very tempting indeed

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I did the Richarlison to MBuemo switch last night for price changes, but I'd seen enough of Richi to think that was a risk worth taking. That gamble has already cost me 20 odd points.

Another FT in hand which I'll probably roll. I'm 0.1 short of upgrading Archer to Jackson which would have been very tempting indeed

Yeah if I had Richarlison he'd be gone too. But I have Saka, Martinelli, Bruno, Rashford & Foden. Not a dud in the bunch based on upcoming fixtures.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I'm pretty content with my team. 500k overall with 3 still to play tonight. Have 2 FTs and don't want to jump off the Richarlison ship yet so I might just bring in Semenyo as a 4.5 forward and roll the other FT into next GW.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Yeah if I had Richarlison he'd be gone too. But I have Saka, Martinelli, Bruno, Rashford & Foden. Not a dud in the bunch based on upcoming fixtures.

Foden will **** you and you know it 😏

• Haha 1

think i'm going to go for a newcaslte defender. their fixtures are really nice from GW5 and my team is really well set up for this week anyway so happy to bench them this week

Edited by tomav84

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've brought Mbuemo and Jackson in myself

3 hours ago, Farlz said:

Odegaard on pens is a nice boost.

42 point week, rubbish. 2 free transfers to sort it out. 

That looked like an on pitch decision. Saka had hold of the ball whilst the VAR check was done like he expected to take it

9 hours ago, bickster said:

That looked like an on pitch decision. Saka had hold of the ball whilst the VAR check was done like he expected to take it

Was he just doing that thing that teams have started doing now where 1 player holds the ball to take any pressure from opponents before handing the ball to the actual taker at the last second. Villa did this in a match last season where Young held it for a while but then handed it over to Ings.

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

Was he just doing that thing that teams have started doing now where 1 player holds the ball to take any pressure from opponents before handing the ball to the actual taker at the last second. Villa did this in a match last season where Young held it for a while but then handed it over to Ings.

Don't think so. Sounds like it was an on the fly decision by the captain.

Mikel Arteta admits surprise over Martin Odegaard penalty

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has admitted he was surprised to see Martin Odegaard step up for the game-winning penalty against Crystal Palace on Monday night, but hinted the Gunners don’t actually have an established order of penalty takers.

Bukayo Saka would typically take penalties, yet it was captain Odegaard who stood over the ball early in the second half for the decisive moment at Selhurst Park.

"I have no clue, it's about leadership of players, and if they felt it was the right thing to do, for me I'm fine," Arteta said of the situation afterwards. "They have to make those decisions on the pitch. I was surprised like everybody else, but he scored the goal which is the important thing and we won the game."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1