Football Manager 2024

Villaphan04

i tried a save starting as norway and rosenborg manager after seeing norway win the world cup on my villa save

there's a good save in there somewhere but rosenborg didnt do a lot for me so i stopped about 2 years in

with haaland, nypan, nusa, bobb, ostigard, ryerson, ajer, berge, odegaard, schjelderup, bassi, thiago holm, hansen aaron, mvuka you can put a team out, still got nyland in goal though...you've got one massive game vs scotland in year one which will make or break the euros, i lost it

• 2 weeks later...

Finally took on the Villa Job after years spent building capital at Eastleigh, Blackburn and Celtic. 

They'd just finished 15th but the squad was easily capable of more. 

Two days in the job, and 5 of the first team (by some distance the best players in the team)  kicked up every fuss possible to leave. Could not be persuaded. 

Bailey says he has to leave for Champions League, and cannot countenance any other possibility. Then demands to move to Crystal Palace in the Championship. FFS.

Ollie 'wanted a fresh challenge'. 

Vitinha, who in 2026 was our captain and highest value player, went to Man U who had finished 16th. 

Our Right Back Rosier also wanted Champions League.

Fans are furious that I've sold 190M of talent within a week of getting appointed, including all the star players, but I literally had no choice.

I love them in real life, but man did I want to give Bailey and Ollie a digital slapping.

Luckily I took over in early June.... so. Loads of money, lower prem side, gotta rebuild the heart of my squad. Any suggestions for targets anyone, cos I haven't even appointed any scouts yet, and I need to get cracking?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Finally took on the Villa Job after years spent building capital at Eastleigh, Blackburn and Celtic. 

Two days in the job, and 5 of the first team (by some distance the best players in the team)  kicked up every fuss possible to leave. Could not be persuaded. 

Bailey says he has to leave for Champions League, and cannot countenance any other possibility. Then demands to move to Crystal Palace in the Championship. FFS.

Vitinha, who in 2026 was our captain and highest value player, went to Man U who had finished 16th. 

Fans are furious that I've sold 190M of talent within a week of getting appointed, including all the star players, but I literally had no choice.

I love them in real life, but man did I want to give Bailey and Ollie a digital slapping.

Luckily I took over in early June.... so. Loads of money, lower prem side, gotta rebuild the heart of my squad. Any suggestions for targets anyone, cos I haven't even appointed any scouts yet, and I need to get cracking?

Also just took the Villa job, never normally do it, but I'm in 2049 now so I don't feel so guilty about selling star players because they're all newgens. 

They've had a couple of seasons back in the Championship, then a lot of very poor seasons in the Prem. Mid table at best, mostly bottom half bar one 6th place finish.

Team is decent, currently 10th about half way through the season which I'm happy with, limited resources mind. Not much behind the first team bar a couple of 4* potential lads out on loan. 

Seem to be falling into a pattern of WLWLWLWLWL, which I've never had before, not sure what I need to change to fix it to be honest. 

In 2044 on my save where I've gone St Albans City, Hearts, Real Sociedad and just resigned from my job at Derby having won a few trophies.

A few interesting points.

Villa now play in a new ground called 'The Moussa Diaby Stadium'. And have become a 'cup' team. 2 League titles, 3 CL's, 3 EL's, 2 UECL's, 7 FA Cup's and 5 League Cups.

Liverpool haven't won a trophy for 10+ years and regularly finish 15th-16th.

United have won a total of 2 EL's in 20 years and only just about finish above Liverpool.

Newcastle are finally starting to takeover the league despite having the highest net spend in practically every season and have won 3 out of the last 4 leagues.

England won the WC in 2030 but have finished up runners-up in the Euro's 3 times. Somehow Ecuador won the WC in 2026.

And Small Heath are where they belong, plumbing the depths of League 1.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

In 2044 on my save where I've gone St Albans City, Hearts, Real Sociedad and just resigned from my job at Derby having won a few trophies.

A few interesting points.

Villa now play in a new ground called 'The Moussa Diaby Stadium'. And have become a 'cup' team. 2 League titles, 3 CL's, 3 EL's, 2 UECL's, 7 FA Cup's and 5 League Cups.

Liverpool haven't won a trophy for 10+ years and regularly finish 15th-16th.

United have won a total of 2 EL's in 20 years and only just about finish above Liverpool.

Newcastle are finally starting to takeover the league despite having the highest net spend in practically every season and have won 3 out of the last 4 leagues.

England won the WC in 2030 but have finished up runners-up in the Euro's 3 times. Somehow Ecuador won the WC in 2026.

And Small Heath are where they belong, plumbing the depths of League 1.

Man United under Ryan Mason won something like 10 EPLs in a row in my save, absolute madness.

Who's your most absurd managerial appointment? Ivan Toney was England Manager, Danny Ings was Sweden Manager on mine. Big fan.

1 hour ago, T-Dog said:

Man United under Ryan Mason won something like 10 EPLs in a row in my save, absolute madness.

Who's your most absurd managerial appointment? Ivan Toney was England Manager, Danny Ings was Sweden Manager on mine. Big fan.

Former Spurs left-back Danny Rose, managed us, winning 1 PL, 2 CL, 1 FA Cup and 3 LC. And currently manages Lyon.

Harry Kane has been assistant at various clubs, Elche and Cadiz in Spain, then Lyon, then Bournemouth and now at Newcastle.

The former Celtic centre back Darren O'Dea who was an utterly sh*t footballer has become one of the most successful managers in the game. Won the League and CL at Villa and has done the same at Napoli.

Gerrard has ended up as Saudi manager, what a surprise. His last 3 jobs before that were, Isreal manager, Luxembourg manager and Southend DOF. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Former Spurs left-back Danny Rose, managed us, winning 1 PL, 2 CL, 1 FA Cup and 3 LC. And currently manages Lyon.

Harry Kane has been assistant at various clubs, Elche and Cadiz in Spain, then Lyon, then Bournemouth and now at Newcastle.

The former Celtic centre back Darren O'Dea who was an utterly sh*t footballer has become one of the most successful managers in the game. Won the League and CL at Villa and has done the same at Napoli.

Gerrard has ended up as Saudi manager, what a surprise. His last 3 jobs before that were, Isreal manager, Luxembourg manager and Southend DOF. 

Art imitating life imitating art once again :D 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Like most on here, I do the lower league saves and work my way up, but last week I started a save as Real as I'm pushed for time at the moment and don't get to play for more than a few hours a week.

One thing I've noticed is that PSG want loads of my players and every player they bid for is unsettled when I reject them. They've bid for Caballos, Mendy, Courtois, and Rudiger. I like a big squad to rotate so I reject the offers but every time it unsettles the players, their mates in the squad get shirty, and morale plummets. What's weird though is that other, bigger, clubs bid and no-one cares. Are PSG overpowered? I've tried slapping the players down but every one pushes to go there. When I've been a lower league team I've always been able to convince the players to stay, or at least be happy with my decision.

Edited by Jonesy7211

19 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Like most on here, I do the lower league saves and work my way up, but last week I started a save as Real as I'm pushed for time at the moment and don't get to play for more than a few hours a week.

One thing I've noticed is that PSG want loads of my players and every player they bid for is unsettled when I reject them. They've bid for Caballos, Mendy, Courtois, and Rudiger. I like a big squad to rotate so I reject the offers but every time it unsettles the players, their mates in the squad get shirty, and morale plummets. What's weird though is that other, bigger, clubs bid and no-one cares. Are PSG overpowered? I've tried slapping the players down but every one pushes to go there. When I've been a lower league team I've always been able to convince the players to stay, or at least be happy with my decision.

Haven't started with a big club yet, but will probably do so when I get a bit bored with my current save.

But that seems utterly ridiculous when in reality, it's the complete opposite, like Mbappe.

• Like 1

FM have got the PL licence, so all licensed kits, badges etc

Suppose it saves me the 10 minutes downloading and setting up packs when I buy the new FM.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/05/2024 at 11:14, HKP90 said:

So, an update on this one. Ollie ended up staying, but I put him in the bomb squad till he committed to us. Thing is though he's not all that good in my save. Not nearly as good as real life, so I've slowly been integrating him into the squad, using him for bits. My 2 main strikers were Embolo and Lassana Traore, with Philogene on the left (who was excellent), and Doak, loaned in from Liverpool on the right. 

I bought in Nicolas Domingues at CM, and kerkez at LB to replace pouty ass Rosier.

I got about a third of the way through the season when the wheels fell off, big time. 

I was third having only lost one game. Despite having started the last 2 games, Ollie, who had been playing his face to leave, then playing his face to stay, started playing his face to get more starts. I told him that he'd just have to be a little bit patient as we'd won 5 straight. He went f***ing ballistic. I told him he can throw a tantrum all he wants but he'll have to be patient (or words to that effect).

He stormed out, told all of the rest of the squad, who came banging on the door next day screaming that they were not happy about Ollie's treatment. I said that if I played him, one of them would have to give way even if they'd been playing better, and we'd just won 5 straight.

They actually issued an ultimatum, telling me I'd lose my job if I didn't play Ollie. 

I told them to (again paraphrasing) stop issuing threats, as it is massively unprofessional, and then instantly resigned.

Sorry to say but in FM24 Ollie is a massive bellend.

I'm now 3 weeks after resigning, weighing up some offers. Villa have dropped from 3rd to 12th under new manager Di Zerbi (who also has not been playing Ollie). Haha. Eat that, you bunch of swine. 

• Like 1

Just going into the 2035/36 season with Villa. Won the lot and then some.

Does help I've got a ridiculous regen that came through the academy at RWB. Over 50 goals and 150 assists in 7 seasons.

Edited by Avfc96

i really hope fm25 allows for better long term play-ability. i get so bored after a while. there's so many directions this game could go. my ideal options:

chairman/director of football mode - lets face it, the fun is in the transfer dealings etc. imagine having those talks with the 1st team manager about player/team performance, making that difficult decision to back/sack a manager and managing supporter relationships vs financials (see chris heck with villa today). i think this would add a totally new dimension to the game

Ability to start career at a team's youth team manager - it would allow progression i.e. start as villa u19 manager, working with the 1st team manager on his requests for how the youth team should play, developing youngsters, then getting promoted to u21 then 1st team manager.

On 25/06/2024 at 09:53, tomav84 said:

Ability to start career at a team's youth team manager - it would allow progression i.e. start as villa u19 manager, working with the 1st team manager on his requests for how the youth team should play, developing youngsters, then getting promoted to u21 then 1st team manager.

Agree with this, also adding in the opportunity to manage U-21's etc of the national teams without having to become the manager of the national side.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So I finished top with Napoli, level on points with Roma. Better head to head and goal difference. However I’ve gotta do a play off for the title

But because the game is on the 6th June the majority of my team are on international duty. So I hardly have a team. Can’t be arsed man. Done till the new one now 

I'm doing one last save, Bilbao after we played them 

It's **** hard!

Got CL 3 out of the 4 seasons but don't really get the feeling I'm going anywhere, they get good regens fortunately and I've got the everyone wants to join unlockable on some come regen day I snap up as many youngsters for compo as I possibly can, also signed lamal, as good as that set up is Barca and Madrid churn out regen wonderkids, signed laporte too, spine is Simon in goal, laporte, sancet who is good midfielder, the Williams and then lamal so the bones are there it's just surrounded by 17 year olds, going to take about 8 seasons to really get going 

• 2 weeks later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â