Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

6 hours ago, wishywashy said:

A very interesting insight from MOMS here:

https://www.astonvilla.wtf/p/villa-inflation-champions-league

In other news, this trademark has been registered for Villa Park:

Image 1 for trade mark number UK00004068050  - (1 of 3)

That logo was on the background boards at the season awards dinner when we secured champs league.

As for the insights from MOMS... they seem to be highlighting everything we were complaining about at the time here. Lack of consultation and blatant lies.

Whilst it would be nice to have had the option to vote on a crest, we can't possibly back track on it for this season now or we'll look a total embarassment. What a shit show this could be. 

I think they'd decided they wanted an evolution rather than a revolution due to financial constraints, they were always just going to force it through. They have to say they did appropriate fan consultation, but ultimately the fan consultation for this badge was done in 2007 when Lerner did it. It's just the same badge with some window dressing changed.

I think if we had a more pure process where a proper full rebrand was going to occur (and I expect we will within the next decade, maybe less), then we'll see a process we're happier with. I've posted a lot on here about limiting fan consultation to very early concept stage "themes" and then a final sign off. Fans shouldn't be voting on elements.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think they'd decided they wanted an evolution rather than a revolution due to financial constraints, they were always just going to force it through. They have to say they did appropriate fan consultation, but ultimately the fan consultation for this badge was done in 2007 when Lerner did it. It's just the same badge with some window dressing changed.

I think if we had a more pure process where a proper full rebrand was going to occur (and I expect we will within the next decade, maybe less), then we'll see a process we're happier with. I've posted a lot on here about limiting fan consultation to very early concept stage "themes" and then a final sign off. Fans shouldn't be voting on elements.

I agree on your thoughts, (if not the process) - they've done some tweaks, pushed it through on the cheap (in house), with some good parts, but ultimately a poor badge and a good deal of discontinuity (how many different fonts now, inc Villa Park font above and the 3/E font?).

It's been an underhand process, and let's be honest, the lies, have left a bad taste in the mouth of at least this fan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Kit looks good the badge is fine to I get the outrage about changing the badge back but that’s been and it’s done time to move on guys it’s getting boring.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Kit looks good the badge is fine to I get the outrage about changing the badge back but that’s been and it’s done time to move on guys it’s getting boring.

It’s done but it doesn’t change the fact or opinion that it’s still a poor/weak/lazy design.

Not outrage, but criticism should still be allowed. Don’t think it’s past time to comment on it when it hasn’t been fully revealed on our kits either. Hopefully it looks better on our proper shirts.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

That badge looks even worse than I thought it would and that was bad 😂

What a disaster and embarrassment!

See?

😂

Mono badge would have made sense and made this kit sing.

Full colour badge might be OK if it wasn't massively oversized, although I assume they've done that so as to make the double border visible and also the yellow lion on the blue background large enough to be recognisable.

Wrong call to go back to this colour scheme for our badge. Was probably our last chance to move away from it, but now we're in the champions league it will be forever recognisable as our colours and now impossible to move away from.

Edited by MrBlack

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Seeing it on a kit like that, I actually think it might be worse than the Lerner badge. 

It absolutely is. 

Which is something, because the Lerner badge is dire as well.