Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

On 01/07/2024 at 16:48, CarryOnVilla said:

the best he probably knows is “Purslow **** up” but he can’t state that openly 

I dunno. His interviews suggest he has zero issue with doing that (constant talking down of legacy deals, done whilst the club was a comparatively poor sell, is very coded). And it comes across terribly. 

• Like 1

Now it's been out in the wild for a while I'm getting slowly used to it, and have nearly reached the acceptance phase of grieving.

Still think it's crap, but its here so whatever.

The drop shadow monochrome version of the badge that we saw SLJ (SIC) and EB reveals was terrible. Just looked like it was an out of focus picture. 

The standard version at smaller sizes is a blurry out of proportion mess.

The full size colour version with drop shadow is OK,  but it's not good enough for what we should have.

The full size monochrome version without drop shadow is a slight improvement on the standard version, but still far from brilliant. 

That's what you get taking it in house and cost cutting.

• Like 1

The Netherlands badge is class and shows you a lion does not have to be yellow.

If they had to compromise on the round badge, and revert to a shield, they could at least have kept the claret lion. Is that such an outrageous opinion for someone like me to hold?

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

If they had to compromise on the round badge, and revert to a shield, they could at least have kept the claret lion. Is that such an outrageous opinion for someone like me to hold?

Remember when, for so many months, we thought we might actually have a chance at getting a standalone lion as our badge?

spacer.png

• Like 1

It’s kind of funny, after all the discussion and so many designs or mockups in this thread (let alone all the other places online), after all the different considerations and potential options…

and after two separate “processes”, “consultations” or surveys…

spacer.png

that we’ve just ended up with, and are well and truly stuck with, a Lerner refresh 😂🤣

What a bloody farce. Yellow on blue will never die!!

Edited by Jas10

The drop shadow specifically on the monochrome badge is the most insane thing I've ever seen. I don't care as much on the main badge, only that it's so big. 

Shadows are meant to be darker than the colour of whatever they're being cast onto. But our shadow, cast from the lion onto the training top is lighter than the training top. It makes no sense!!!! It's a drop mid tone or something, definitely not a shadow. It's like the lion is farting out a very sharp and specifically shaped glow. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rolta said:

The drop shadow specifically on the monochrome badge is the most insane thing I've ever seen. I don't care as much on the main badge, only that it's so big. 

Shadows are meant to be darker than the colour of whatever they're being cast onto. But our shadow, cast from the lion onto the training top is lighter than the training top. It makes no sense!!!! It's a drop mid tone or something, definitely not a shadow. It's like the lion is farting out a very sharp and specifically shaped glow. 

It makes it look like a printing error smudge.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

The England badge’s three blue lions would agree.

The badge is a load of shit but the training wear we've seen is instantly recognisable as being Aston Villa. 

Arguing between this and the round badge is just arguing between a 3/10 and a 4/10 so the familiarity is good I guess. 

It'd be nice to have a proper badge but our process for rebranding has been bad time and time again. 

Â