Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

20 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

You don’t need to know why to ask those questions. 

I work in this industry. I’ve created logos/banding without knowing why they wanted to change. All I know is, it’s a paying gig and CarryOnWife wants a new sofa 

I don't doubt that you could come up with something that does the job as a designer, but I don't believe for one **** minute that a new high flying executive came in, with the branding as his specialty and remit, heard that the club were just backing out of a rebrand that left us in the embarrassing position of having two different badges concurrently, and lacked the basic curiosity to say "so what's gone on here lads?"

And anyone who believes we sank millions into a rebrand, brought this guy in, and then scrapped it weeks after he'd been in the job but that he not only had absolutely no say in it, but wasn't even aware of the contents of the discussions...well, what can I say. It's ludicrous.

I don't know if he's thick as shit, or if he just thinks we are.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't doubt that you could come up with something that does the job as a designer, but I don't believe for one **** minute that a new high flying executive came in, with the branding as his specialty and remit, heard that the club were just backing out of a rebrand that left us in the embarrassing position of having two different badges concurrently, and lacked the basic curiosity to say "so what's gone on here lads?"

And anyone who believes we sank millions into a rebrand, brought this guy in, and then scrapped it weeks after he'd been in the job but that he not only had absolutely no say in it, but wasn't even aware of the contents of the discussions...well, what can I say. It's ludicrous.

I don't know if he's thick as shit, or if he just thinks we are.

The what’s going on here lads, was the owners thought it was shit… knowing why they think it’s shit is  meaningless to getting on with something they want. They want something different, you ask what do they want. Not why they didn’t want the last thing, especially when you agree it’s shit. What he clearly does 

the best he probably knows is “Purslow **** up” but he can’t state that openly 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

The what’s going on here lads, was the owners thought it was shit… knowing why they think it’s shit is  meaningless to getting on with something they want. They want something different, you ask what do they want. Not why they didn’t want the last thing, especially when you agree it’s shit. What he clearly does 

the best he probably knows is “Purslow **** up” but he can’t state that openly 

Well, if it came from the owners, either they never saw the round badge before it was revealed, or they did, said nothing, and then brought in someone to undo it half way through. Neither reflects well on them, and neither is very likely.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Well, if it came from the owners, either they never saw the round badge before it was revealed, or they did, said nothing, and then brought in someone to undo it half way through. Neither reflects well on them, and neither is very likely.

If it was the owners, I suspect it’s one of the reasons why Purslow was moved aside. He **** up… didn’t like the round badge as much as the Gerrard appointment 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Badge looks lovely on the Black training tops with the green mono badge. Not perfect, but it looks smart 

Further evidence that it’s the yellow on blue that is the big issue with it

IMG_6634.jpeg

I've only ever bought monogram crest Villa gear and kits lol.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Badge looks lovely on the Black training tops with the green mono badge. Not perfect, but it looks smart 

Further evidence that it’s the yellow on blue that is the big issue with it

IMG_6634.jpeg

Yeah i agree. Its looks nice when the colouring isnt the colours of the main badge. For me thats probably one of the biggest issues with it is the colouring

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think the 1874 creates too much space between the lion and the name. Without that I think the design would be good.

Yep, it was the same reason we got rid of Prepared on the Lerner badge.

And we've made the exact same error again. Bizarre.

17 hours ago, Chindie said:

I think it's pretty shit from top to bottom. The balance of it, the layout, the pathetic squeezing of the name in a tiny font at the bottom, and so on. It's crap. Really does look like it's been made with stock art on a cheap design package.

Couldn't agree more!  I've tried to not focus on it, tried to accept it, as despite what Mr Heck says, the fans views don't matter at all - but its so poor.  Everywhere I see it, I struggle to read our name, see a yellow blob on blue, and a pixelated double border. 

And how Mr Heck has the front to spout some of the rubbish he has in that Drum article beggers belief.  Ah well, looks like we are stuck with it....maybe we get just a lion on the third kit.....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I disagree. It looks huge, the lion is awful, the text is in the wrong place, the random star is laughably bad. Overall it's still piss poor. The only improvement is there's no drop shadow. 

It has the feel of someone catering to their bosses whim. Funny that.

48 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I disagree. It looks huge, the lion is awful, the text is in the wrong place, the random star is laughably bad. Overall it's still piss poor. The only improvement is there's no drop shadow. 

It's far from a great badge, my point really was how much better it looks without the horribke light blue and light yellow combination

• Like 2

I don’t mind the badge on the training gear actually, and like that it seems to be massive. This badge doesn’t do well at small sizes as “Aston Villa” and especially “1874” are not legible, but at larger sizes it looks cleaner. Hope the main kits have it at the same size.

Â