Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

Scaled down the lion is also so close to the top of the badge that it looks like it's touching the edge trying to escape.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You literally can't see it. It genuinely does look like a smudge to me. A bit of yellow if you look closely.

Compare it to badges like Chelsea, Brighton, Palace. Fulham, Ipswich, Bournemouth, Brentford etc

You can tell what's on their badge even though the detail is lost.

It's not that important. I don't particularly care what our badge looks like that small and I don't think we should be designing a badge around that factor. But it just shows what most people have been saying, light yellow on light blue is a terrible combination. It completely washes out the detail, shit shadow or no shit shadow

You can see Arsenals’s cannon and text (plus, the badge is filled with their club colour anyway), Brentford’s bee, Bournemouth’s head and football, Brighton’s seagull, Chelsea’s lion-thing, Ipswich’s horse… because of contrast and colour choices… Leicester’s fox is a bit obscured because of the white… and City, Utd and Liverpool are easily identifiable and distinguishable anyway.

Every badge has enough contrast and a sensible choice of colours to achieve that… the rest (not on that image) probably do too.

Ours is the only one that is absolutely foolish and obscured… a yellow blob, no sign of a lion. It’s exposed as stupid really.

The laziest, weakest effort or refresh/rebrand possible… it’s incredibly foolish to persist with that stupid colour scheme that doesn’t even represent the club or our colours.

Nothing we can do about it but doesn’t change the fact that it’s a really poor design. 

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

It’s just, by far, the worst and most stupid colour scheme there is…

None of the others even come close to not working as much…

Nothing has really changed, may as well have just gone back to the AVFC one. 

Oh well.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I mean, I think that's overstating it, but okay.

I don't like yellow on blue either but calling it a "smudge" as some have, or your estimation here, is greatly exaggerating it for me.

Arsenal's cannon looks just as shit and hard to make out as our lion there. 

Arsenal is a particularly bad example to pick because theirs is the only one you can read the team name in full at small sizes, even if the cannon is lost.

Edited by fightoffyour

2 hours ago, Isa said:

The handling of the whole crest rebranding thing has been a debacle and biggest black stain of this regime. Well, that and rehiring Jack Woodward.

Having two attempts at it and ultimately ending up back with the Lerner badge - which in any iteration is an eyesore. 

Well we have had two applications to demolish the North Stand and ultimately ending up back with the North Stand. So in fairness, we are consistent.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Arsenal is a particularly bad example to pick because theirs is the only one you can read the team name in full at small sizes, even if the cannon is lost.

And yet the cannon is lost, and the insignia is what we're talking about here, not the club name. 

If the club name was an issue then all the people crying Claret On Blue! wouldn't have much of a leg to stand on. As the club name is claret on blue.

So again, this comes back to size.

Edited by est1874

6 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

The Sky Sports app has updated to the new badge now… and I’ve been critical of it and I don’t like it… BUT, I suppose it is fine when really small like that.

I still prefer the round one from last season though 😔 

IMG_7174.jpeg

I was beginning to warm to it but I’m back to thinking it’s shite. It just always looks like it has been decapitated 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, imavillan said:

and we're back....

spacer.png

I’m not sure on the typeface they have used on the T-shirt here, seems inconsistent in terms of how bold it is, and with our wider branding. Also think they should lose the white border around the crest as it makes it looks like a dodgy paint edit. 
I would also like to see the shirt being claret not blue.

Edited by alreadyexists

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well we have had two applications to demolish the North Stand and ultimately ending up back with the North Stand. So in fairness, we are consistent.

And if the original plan was adhered to, it would be ready for 2025, just in time to help us out of PSR hell.

53 minutes ago, imavillan said:

and we're back....

spacer.png

Colour makes it look too much like a Chelsea shirt.

35 minutes ago, sne said:

Colour makes it look too much like a Chelsea shirt.

perhaps i should have put last seasons badge on it instead?

Â